Hindu - Muslim violence in UK

ICTChris

All organised religion is a nonsense a potential excuse for conflict with ‘non believers’ or adherents of a different sky fairy.
It’s worse when said adherents identify primarily as a religious group.
 It’s fair to make comparison with NI so long as that’s not an excuse to give it a pass.
Oh, and cricket is shite.
Whilst I agree that conflict in the name of religion is nonsense I'd worry more in this situation that it will be used by the racists as an excuse to target the wider Asian population.

11 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
13 hours ago, Granny Danger said:
All organised religion is a nonsense a potential excuse for conflict with ‘non believers’ or adherents of a different sky fairy.
It’s worse when said adherents identify primarily as a religious group.
 It’s fair to make comparison with NI so long as that’s not an excuse to give it a pass.
Oh, and cricket is shite.

Whilst I agree that conflict in the name of religion is nonsense I'd worry more in this situation that it will be used by the racists as an excuse to target the wider Asian population.

I totally agree and that’s what makes a measured response is critical and concerns are spelt out clearly and unequivocally.

What cannot be done is to avoid an issue because others are looking to distort it.  I draw a parallel with criticism of Islam, I oppose it because it is a coercive and repressive religion but I know that there are many who oppose it because most of its adherents are non-white.  We cannot let calls of “Islamaphobia”, often coming from the left, stop us from highlighting the problems with what it represents.

13 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Just the latest example of why mixing religion and politics is a stupid idea. 

There's nothing racist about what I've said; "we" have a Head of State who is also the head of a church and reserve places in our legislature for people whose only qualification is that they follow a particular sect of a centuries old foreign belief system. 

If someone suggested that we reserve places in the House of Lords for believers in alien spaceships buzzing farmers near Bathgate, or for the spokespeople of the "Fairies live at the bottom of my garden society", I'm reasonably confident that they'd be laughed into an asylum, but a Bishop of the Church of England... In ye come, yer Grace... 

Fekkin nonsense. 

We would, of course, have to have separate schools for the children of 'believers in alien spaceships' and separate schools for the children of 'spokespeople of the Fairies that live in the bottom of the garden'. It really is the only way to ensure social cohesion.

7 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

We would, of course, have to have separate schools for the children of 'believers in alien spaceships' and separate schools for the children of 'spokespeople of the Fairies that live in the bottom of the garden'. It really is the only way to ensure social cohesion.

You're concerned about social cohesion? Private schools should be your priority target then. 

42 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

You're concerned about social cohesion? Private schools should be your priority target then. 

Don’t agree.

If people want to spend their money on private education, that’s up to them.

They're saving the state paying for them and, in effect, paying twice through fees and their taxes.

Cant say I’ve seen or heard of bands of screaming private school kids terrorising the general populace.

The best way, if you want to end private education, is to make the state system better so that parents don’t feel the need to cough up.

4 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Don’t agree.

They're saving the state paying for them and, in effect, paying twice through fees and their taxes.

Cant say I’ve seen or heard of bands of screaming private school kids terrorising the general populace.

The best way, if you want to end private education, is to make the state system better so that parents don’t feel the need to cough up.

You having a laugh ?

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2019/jul/25/two-thirds-of-boris-johnsons-cabinet-went-to-private-schools

1 hour ago, FreedomFarter said:

If we shot everyone that went to public school things would be better.

Some folk may regard that as draconian but omelettes and breaking eggs come to mind.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Don’t agree.

Saving money….

38A0A7E9-E07A-4160-B16D-663D964A6FEC.jpeg

2 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Why does it cost about £15k per annum per pupil?

I thought the SG had abolished charitable status meaning they had to pay business rates.

On 22/09/2022 at 08:17, Granny Danger said:

I totally agree and that’s what makes a measured response is critical and concerns are spelt out clearly and unequivocally.

What cannot be done is to avoid an issue because others are looking to distort it.  I draw a parallel with criticism of Islam, I oppose it because it is a coercive and repressive religion but I know that there are many who oppose it because most of its adherents are non-white.  We cannot let calls of “Islamaphobia”, often coming from the left, stop us from highlighting the problems with what it represents.

Goodluck with that.

13 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Goodluck with that.

Islam is an oppressive religion, women are particularly oppressed.  I’ve seen feminists squirm as they try to defend how Muslim women and girls are treated and will quote Muslim women who say they are happy with their lifestyle.

Yeah if you brainwash people from birth into accepting something and if they know the consequences of speaking out against it you will definitely get compliance.

It’s like a huge, extreme type of Stockholm Syndrome.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Islam is an oppressive religion, women are particularly oppressed.  I’ve seen feminists squirm as they try to defend how Muslim women and girls are treated and will quote Muslim women who say they are happy with their lifestyle.

Yeah if you brainwash people from birth into accepting something and if they know the consequences of speaking out against it you will definitely get compliance.

It’s like a huge, extreme type of Stockholm Syndrome.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but you will get shouted down by the left for "Islamaphobia" if you criticise Islam in any shape, form, or fashion.

There doesn't seem to be the same problem with crticising Hinduism.