English WPL TV Coverage

Having not watched a great deal of Women’s Football (because I simply don’t find it to be particularly great).

However, the commentators of today’s Chelsea v Man City……holy crap.

The male commentator suffers from the standard English disease……constant reference to the English being Euro Champions, and any player who took part and is playing today getting repeated Euro mentions.

That is nowhere as irritating as this new breed of expert female commentators who all seem to suffer from a dual disease……..the desire to try to let everyone hear their wondrous knowledge of the game and tactics…..even when what they are saying is just utter bollocks.

The cherry on the cake though is their utter inability to shut up. They (collectively) seem to be incapable of zipping it, and letting the action speak for itself. This female today is absolutely brutal. Someone needs to take the microphone away from her.

On 25/09/2022 at 16:45, Duncan Freemason said:

Having not watched a great deal of Women’s Football (because I simply don’t find it to be particularly great).

However, the commentators of today’s Chelsea v Man City……holy crap.

The male commentator suffers from the standard English disease……constant reference to the English being Euro Champions, and any player who took part and is playing today getting repeated Euro mentions.

That is nowhere as irritating as this new breed of expert female commentators who all seem to suffer from a dual disease……..the desire to try to let everyone hear their wondrous knowledge of the game and tactics…..even when what they are saying is just utter bollocks.

The cherry on the cake though is their utter inability to shut up. They (collectively) seem to be incapable of zipping it, and letting the action speak for itself. This female today is absolutely brutal. Someone needs to take the microphone away from her.

I watched about half an hour of the Chelsea/Man City game on Sunday on a well known streaming platform.  It scrolled quite a bit so I switched to the  egg-chasing but the bloke wasn't 'that' bad.  I think you're being a bit sensitive.

I do watch a fair amount  of women's football- admittedly mostly Rangers and Scotland - and I often think that women 'expert summarisers'  are pretty poor.  But then I watch a men's game and realise that the standard  of football commentary is generally pretty shit.