🔵⚪🐟 Cove v The Caley ⚫🔴🦅

The Caley juggernaut rolls into the Aberdonian hinterland. Will this ragtag bunch of fishermen and Iain Vigurs stop us? My money is on no: if The Caley fail to win this one, I will personally refund the match entry fee of the third Cove fan to post in this thread.

54 minutes ago, RiG said:

I genuinely think there is only one Cove Rangers poster on here - @CoveRangers1922

You're about right to be honest. A couple of others post now and again but mainly myself raising the flag for Cove on here.

11 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

The Caley juggernaut rolls into the Aberdonian hinterland. Will this ragtag bunch of fishermen and Iain Vigurs stop us? My money is on no: if The Caley fail to win this one, I will personally refund the match entry fee of the third Cove fan to post in this thread.

Vigurs is now rightly warming the bench for us along with Reynolds after a few late loans which have strengthen us defensively and in DCM. Granted Saturday was an utter shambles after a couple of wins.

Vigurs race is well and truly done. He'll go the same way as Draper next season i'd imagine. Wild dishing out 3 year deals like that, something that's a thing of the past.

Onto the match; home advantage for us, where we generally are far more capable of picking up points. We'll need to be tighter defensively and close to our best to get a positive result against the Caley. Fyvie should return after a month out. McClelland who knows.

Caley will be favourites going into this and rightly so having won their last 5 in the league. 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

There’s no reason we can’t win this game to keep the run going, and apologies to @TheScarf for stealing his line, but I just have a bad feeling about playing Cove away.

Cove then Hamilton and Raith at home. No reason we shouldn’t be winning all three of those but I’d be quite happy with 7 points out of those 3 games.

1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:

There's no reason why you should...

Well, aye. If you completely ignore the fact that we’ve already beaten 2 of the 3 opponents, are playing at home for 2 of the 3 games, are above all three teams in the table, have conceded the least goals in the league and have a better squad than all three teams, you’re right there is no reason we should win them.

10 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Aye?

And how many teams have you beaten that fnished with eleven men on the pitch 🤔

It's not our fault that some of our opponents chose racism and aggression over being silky footballers like we have at The Caley.

1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:

Aye?

And how many teams have you beaten that finished with eleven men on the pitch 🤔

Out of Cove, Raith and Hamilton?

That will be played 2 won 2 with 0 red cards in either game.

Not really sure how it’s our problem if opposition players decide to stick their studds in our players shins or pick up a daft second yellow in the last minute of matches either.

Edited by PB1994

13 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Being unable to ever beat the Caley in league matches is clearly starting to mentally affect some Raith fans.......and not in a positive way.

We're positive all right. You're likely to find out why in a fortnight.

When was the last time you beat us on merit?

Edited by Raith_Raver

9 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

When was the last time you beat us on merit?

Odd question. When Caley beat Raith it's due to more goals being scored, therefore that 'merit's' the win under the existing rules of the game. That's how football works.