Usb Tv Card

Stu

I asked on here a few weeks back if anyone knew if you could get a TV card that fits into a USB port. I've found this thing that looks rather snazzy and you can get FreeView as well

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/in...d=94486&_LOC=UK

The only question now is, can you hook a video up to it and transfer your videos to your PC. Any teccy folk know?

The thing has an aerial input port, so surely it's just be a case of plugging your video recorder into it, hitting play, and capturing the video as you would a TV programme?

The problem will be whether or not you can plug an analogue aerial into it or not. I have no idea if you can or not :unsure:

The one that comes with it looks like your bog standard aerial, and from reading the comments folk said they'd fixed it to an outside aerial.

The one that comes with it looks like your bog standard aerial, and from reading the comments folk said they'd fixed it to an outside aerial.

Fair enough.

You might also take a look at the Hauppauge one under "Alternative Prducts" on the same page. It will definetely do what you want, but wont have digital freeview ;)

Fair enough.

You might also take a look at the Hauppauge one under "Alternative Prducts" on the same page. It will definetely do what you want, but wont have digital freeview ;)

Useless then, I want one that does both :P

Archived