Pars vs. Doonhamers

I've been really happy watching Chalmers prove a fair few wrong this season. It's not always been great, bit sloppy on the ball early in games and gave hospital balls back to the defenders that put us under pressure but he's improving all the time. Big improvements from Matty Todd, Breen and Deniz but Bene has been absolutely class.

I remember playing Queen of the South not long after Jim McIntyre had been appointed, I'm sure it was kids for a quid and it was very cold on the run up to Christmas. 

I say remember, I can't remember the score, what I do remember is Neil MacFarlane coming on and being quite possibly the ugliest player I've ever seen, certainly the worst hairline I've ever seen. 

Chalmers has been better this season but I think the improvement is exaggerated.

Like mentioned above, he gives the ball away a lot. The Clyde game the other week  he continually gave the ball away and folk were saying he was man of the match. I think he's gone 180 with fans. He couldn't do right in most eyes last season and this season nobody can see wrong. 

He looks for the ball now and seems to compete a bit better in phsical battles. You can't ask for much more if he is giving his all. League one is probably better suited to him. He a decent league 1 player but I would be looking for better if we find ourselves back in the championship next season.

6 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Chalmers has been better this season but I think the improvement is exaggerated.

Like mentioned above, he gives the ball away a lot. The Clyde game the other week  he continually gave the ball away and folk were saying he was man of the match. I think he's gone 180 with fans. He couldn't do right in most eyes last season and this season nobody can see wrong. 

He looks for the ball now and seems to compete a bit better in phsical battles. You can't ask for much more if he is giving his all. League one is probably better suited to him. He a decent league 1 player but I would be looking for better if we find ourselves back in the championship next season.

At the Clyde game the other week he was the only midfielder trying to get us going, playing forward progressive passes and generally trying to get us up the pitch. 

It's inevitable he'll misplace a place in those situations. 

I've not seen every game this season but there have been a few (Montrose away springs to mind) where he was pretty rotten. Think that when we have a lot of the ball he's fine as he'll always make himself available and will usually keep possession. But when we're up against it a bit of having to break down a stubborn defence I still don't think he does enough. 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

I remember playing Queen of the South not long after Jim McIntyre had been appointed, I'm sure it was kids for a quid and it was very cold on the run up to Christmas. 

I say remember, I can't remember the score, what I do remember is Neil MacFarlane coming on and being quite possibly the ugliest player I've ever seen, certainly the worst hairline I've ever seen. 

Dunfermline 2 - 0 QoS

You won 2-0 with goals from Burchill and Phinn and Neil Scally got the injury that caused him to miss the rest of the season including the Scottish Cup Final (who'd have predicted when that game was played that 6 months later we'd be playing in that!). As tragic as his long term injury was for him though, it put to bed Chisholm's attempts to shoehorn Scally, Macfarlane and Tosh into the same midfield and set us on the path to perhaps the best 12 months in the club's history. Oh for players like Macfarlane and Tosh now. 😍 Couldn't give a monkey's how ugly they may have been. The football was magnificent at times.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

5 hours ago, Grant228 said:

What’s wrong with guys having MPB ? 
seems odd to comment on this and the looks of a footballer 💁🏻‍♂️

18 minutes ago, lesterplunkett said:

What’s wrong with guys having MPB ? 
seems odd to comment on this and the looks of a footballer 💁🏻‍♂️

Nothing wrong, MacFarlane should've embraced it though as he has since, he's at Brentford now and he looks better than he did near 14 years ago. 

Comments on footballers get made all the time, we've had our fair share of dreamboats over the years. It was merely a detail I remember from a game from around a similar time of the year. 

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Dunfermline 2 - 0 QoS

You won 2-0 with goals from Burchill and Phinn and Neil Scally got the injury that caused him to miss the rest of the season including the Scottish Cup Final (who'd have predicted when that game was played that 6 months later we'd be playing in that!). As tragic as his long term injury was for him though, it put to bed Chisholm's attempts to shoehorn Scally, Macfarlane and Tosh into the same midfield and set us on the path to perhaps the best 12 months in the club's history. Oh for players like Macfarlane and Tosh now. 😍 Couldn't give a monkey's how ugly they may have been. The football was magnificent at times.

We must have beat you three times that season then, I'm sure you missed a penalty down at Palmerston when current Irish manager Stephen Kenny was in charge, and we beat QoTS on the last game of the season where allot of fans came with beach balls etc in anticipation of the final. 

I can vaguely remember Scott Morrison scoring a free kick at Palmerston which would say the other remaining game was a draw. 

No idea why I can remember those details about such a forgettable (from a Dunfermline perspective) season.  

11 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Nothing wrong, MacFarlane should've embraced it though as he has since, he's at Brentford now and he looks better than he did near 14 years ago. 

Comments on footballers get made all the time, we've had our fair share of dreamboats over the years. It was merely a detail I remember from a game from around a similar time of the year. 

We must have beat you three times that season then, I'm sure you missed a penalty down at Palmerston when current Irish manager Stephen Kenny was in charge, and we beat QoTS on the last game of the season where allot of fans came with beach balls etc in anticipation of the final. 

I can vaguely remember Scott Morrison scoring a free kick at Palmerston which would say the other remaining game was a draw. 

No idea why I can remember those details about such a forgettable (from a Dunfermline perspective) season.  

Yeah you won 3 of the 4 games and the other at Palmerston was a 1-1 draw. Although as I think we've debated before, we very much fielded a reserve / experimental side in that last game who were more concerned with not getting injured than they were about the result. 

Looking forward to this, feel like Queens lurching from scoring and conceding loads should mean quite an open game rather than the opposition coming to sit in. Obviously I'm sure Queens fans would rather be compact but it does make for a better games if the teams can get the ball down and attack each other.

48 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah you won 3 of the 4 games and the other at Palmerston was a 1-1 draw. Although as I think we've debated before, we very much fielded a reserve / experimental side in that last game who were more concerned with not getting injured than they were about the result. 

Should've immediately forfeited your place in the final and Europe IMO. 

Some cracking photos on the club official site of the games discussed above from 07/08.

Screenshot_20221203-120012_Opera.jpg.443da2d30ea2f4ae0407b7974108f062.jpg

Screenshot_20221203-120024_Opera.jpg.7a0f4e80aba039aa100093f198485388.jpg

Screenshot_20221203-120051_Opera.jpg.9aa1a8cdc04e937fb3ffc1fb8ba1a676.jpg

What an absolute stinking strip we had that season. Despised it almost as much as the 04/05 one.

Edited by DA Baracus

25 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Some cracking photos on the club official site of the game discussed above from 07/08.

Screenshot_20221203-120012_Opera.jpg.443da2d30ea2f4ae0407b7974108f062.jpg

Screenshot_20221203-120024_Opera.jpg.7a0f4e80aba039aa100093f198485388.jpg

Screenshot_20221203-120051_Opera.jpg.9aa1a8cdc04e937fb3ffc1fb8ba1a676.jpg

What an absolute stinking strip wr had that season. Despised it almost as much as the 04/05 one.

Aye, that's the worst Dunfermline strip in my lifetime. In the photo it looks like there's fans in the North West, for whatever reason I watched the game in the main stand. 

I liked the 04/05 one though... 

6 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Aye, that's the worst Dunfermline strip in my lifetime. In the photo it looks like there's fans in the North West, for whatever reason I watched the game in the main stand. 

I liked the 04/05 one though... 

I think it's the best selling strip the club have as they released it in the run up to the cup final. It's abysmal though. Nasty, cheap look and material. Boak.

What a shame that in our last three cup finals we never wore the black and white stripes.

2 hours ago, 101 said:

Looking forward to this, feel like Queens lurching from scoring and conceding loads should mean quite an open game rather than the opposition coming to sit in. Obviously I'm sure Queens fans would rather be compact but it does make for a better games if the teams can get the ball down and attack each other.

Queens have never been compact since Day 1 that is the problem .

We concede far too many goals have not got one  decent goalkeeper or  defender.

Easy Dunfermline win  just about how many untill we sort our keeper and defence we will struggle.