Hamilton 🛡️ vs 🦅 The Caley Colts

As a big team, we have been granted special dispensation to enter our youth side into this competition at the last 16 stage. Good luck to the kids, all of whose names I definitely know.

I also see that no bookies are taking bets for this match as they are all cowards.

Edited by Stephen Malkmus

20 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

As a big team, we have been granted special dispensation to enter our youth side into this competition at the last 16 stage. Good luck to the kids, all of whose names I definitely know.

I also see that no bookies are taking bets for this match as they are all cowards.

They were earlier in the week, had Hamilton @6/4. Stuck it in my betslip and market went suspended. 😭

At a time of year such as this its good that we decide to give other less fortunate clubs a chance of making a real mark in a national cup competition. While I hope our youngsters grasp the opportunity and do themselves and family proud, I also hope that a  Hamilton realise what a big opportunity this will be to potentially bring themselves close to success not seen since years before the Caley were born. 

Fielding a youth team could be good business considering that there will be a few thousand pounds to the losers, (around £7,000) plus a share of the gate money, and given most of the under 18's will be on a low wage that even with cost of the bus the trip won't be too much of a financial hardship.

We always liked a trip to a Hammies game as we always enjoyed a night in the Bothwell Bridge Hotel, great bar and restaurant, but I hear that the Italian owners have sold the place and reports on the new owners are not good so far.

So that's another reason not too attend.

54 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Fielding a youth team could be good business considering that there will be a few thousand pounds to the losers, (around £7,000) plus a share of the gate money, and given most of the under 18's will be on a low wage that even with cost of the bus the trip won't be too much of a financial hardship.

We always liked a trip to a Hammies game as we always enjoyed a night in the Bothwell Bridge Hotel, great bar and restaurant, but I hear that the Italian owners have sold the place and reports on the new owners are not good so far.

So that's another reason not too attend.

Given the amount of attention Accies fans are givivng this thread despite a rare win practically been handed to them on a gold plate looks like many of them won't be attending either.

The idea of Christmas shopping must be a welcome excuse not to go.

1 hour ago, approximately dave said:

Given the amount of attention Accies fans are givivng this thread despite a rare win practically been handed to them on a gold plate looks like many of them won't be attending either.

The idea of Christmas shopping must be a welcome excuse not to go.

If we play like we did at Hampden, Raith and Morton ICT u18s will beat us comfortably.

Rankin has said there will be a number of changes to last weeks team so Accies reserves v ICT u18s in sub zero conditions is not very appealing.

Hamilton 13/10 to win this with Bet365 - is this and even some handicap ones worth it if ICT playing a reserve side?  Will Accies go full strength do we reckon?

Edit - just saw above poster saying Accies going reserve too so maybe not worth it

Edited by Hursty

16 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

He wouldn't be speaking to the press in the first place if he did.

Yes he would.

He is the only senior player in the squad and he would hardly be helping his cause by refusing to speak to the media.

Hamilton Accies

• 31 Smith
  • 2 Doyle
  • 25 Owens
  • 3 Shiels
  • 37 McGinn
  • 18 Mimnaugh
  • 23 De Bolle
  • 41 One
  • 43 Forsyth
  • 19 Winter
  • 17 Tiehi

Substitutes

• 1 Fulton
  • 4 O'Reilly
  • 9 Ryan
  • 10 Zanatta
  • 11 Smith
  • 42 Newbury
  • 44 Latona
  • 45 Black
  • 46 Morgan

Inverness CT

• 1  Ridgers
  • 13 Barrett
  • 4 Nixon
  • 5 Walker
  • 34 Strachan
  • 7  Proudfoot
  • 6 Carnihan
  • 36 Bray
  • 11 Bain
  • 35 MacKay
  • 37 Nicolson

Substitutes

• 12 Nixon
  • 14 MacDougall
  • 15 Mackie
  • 16 Macleod
  • 19 Gillan

10 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Yes he would.

He is the only senior player in the squad and he would hardly be helping his cause by refusing to speak to the media.

Just looks like to me like Dodds and himslf have sorted out any differences and Mark just wants to get on playing football. I have no idea if he had or had not spoken to the media during the time he was dropped, its all rather irrelevant now. Good to see him back.