Dumbarton (aged 150) vs East Fife

Outcome?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Was at the game with @PWL  Not sure if the looping header for the 1st was intended for going in or putting it back into the danger area. Took forever for it to go in.

Excellent clinical finish for the 2nd.

Well deserved 3 points, could‘ve had at least another couple. Anyway the perfect birthday gift. 

Edited by German Jag

That was about as routine as routine wins come. We were always in control and East Fife offered very little going forward whilst looking shakey at the back. 

Kalvin Orsi was absolutely electric today, he had that big number 20 on toast, who if I’m being honest looked like he’d won a raffle to be there. I also thought David Wilson was superb, he’s really coming onto a game and looks to be playing with some real confidence at the minute. 

Good to see Young Jack Healy has recovered OK after Ryan Wallace swore at him, the greetin faced wee spice boy that he is. In fairness he’s by far East Fife’s best player based on what I saw today. How are Trouten and the lad Balde not getting a start over some of those diddies?

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

48 minutes ago, German Jag said:

Was at the game with @PWL  Not sure if the looping header for the 1st was intended for going in or putting it back into the danger area. Took forever for it to go in.

Excellent clinical finish for the 2nd.

Well deserved 3 points, could‘ve had at least another couple. Anyway the perfect birthday gift. 

I said when the ball was in the air "He's going to try to loop it over him!" He had a couple of looks because, as you say, the ball was in the air for ages after he headed it but also before it came down for him.

A good day out.  People worked hard to make today the occasion it deserved and the public and the team responded.

We are not the greatest Sons team ever but there is a collective will and spirit which has given us a brilliant launch pad into 2023, never mind some enviable league fixture statistics.  And the second goal was a thing of beauty.

East Fife plugged away but the brilliant save from Brett Long apart, they didn't creat a great deal.  However, the young left winger looks destined for bigger things.

A peaceful and merry Christmas to all.

That was a really routine win. A professional performance, with a few flashes of real quality from Wilson, Orsi and Ryan Wallace especially.

Two goals. Clean sheet. Three points. Lovely stuff.

When was the last time we topped a table at Christmas?

Long's save was fantastic. He saw it very late and got a good, strong hand to it to put the ball round his post. Other than that it was mostly Dumbarton and we had a few good chances that on another day might have gone in. If the score had been 4 then EF could have had no complaints.

A fine day all round. Jim's speech set a perfect tone before the game. There was a good feeling at the ground today and hopefully that good feeling spreads a little bit in the wider Dumbarton community. It would be brilliant if the feel good about this season and the significance of days like today could generate a bit of local interest in, and good will towards, the club.

We're playing well. For me I think it would be a struggle to make a case for dropping any of the starting 11. The team that started today look to be very effective together. Some players have really stepped up this season after last year's disappointment. Long may it continue.

6 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

A good day out.  People worked hard to make today the occasion it deserved and the public and the team responded.

We are not the greatest Sons team ever but there is a collective will and spirit which has given us a brilliant launch pad into 2023, never mind some enviable league fixture statistics.  And the second goal was a thing of beauty.

East Fife plugged away but the brilliant save from Brett Long apart, they didn't creat a great deal.  However, the young left winger looks destined for bigger things.

A peaceful and merry Christmas to all.

Hats of to you and the team who made it happen today.

I'm sure I speak for the whole support when I say a huge thanks for all the efforts. A great occasion which unfolded nicely with the perfect result!

Even if the turnstile didn't open until nearly 10 past 11 😂

I thought that’s the best we’ve played all season. Could have built in 2-0 but irs as if we thought just close game down and we did other than one shot.

thot carsewell and McKee in particular were great but no failures. Super second goal with great finish. 
wallace wasn’t offside for would be third

onto next week now 

As others have said, that’s as comfortable a win as you’ll ever see. Dumbarton controlled the full game and as soon as Wilson scored the second goal the game was finished. East Fife look very much like a team in transition, mostly young guys of varying ability and a few older heads on the way down, without much in between. 

Dumbarton look a better team than last season. They’re not particularly exciting, though also not Duffyball level boring, but they’re organised and efficient and as the league table shows, that goes a long way. Obviously it being a big occasion for the club may have helped with this but the fans around me seemed pretty positive about the club too. I’ll be surprised if they’re not back in League One next season one way or another.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

That was about as routine as routine wins come. We were always in control and East Fife offered very little going forward whilst looking shakey at the back. 

Kalvin Orsi was absolutely electric today, he had that big number 20 on toast, who if I’m being honest looked like he’d won a raffle to be there. I also thought David Wilson was superb, he’s really coming onto a game and looks to be playing with some real confidence at the minute. 

Good to see Young Jack Healy has recovered OK after Ryan Wallace swore at him, the greetin faced wee spice boy that he is. In fairness he’s by far East Fife’s best player based on what I saw today. How are Trouten and the lad Balde not getting a start over some of those diddies?

Balde would have played but word has it he has played his last game for the Fife. Apparently heading to Arbroath. We are in deep trouble not won a game since October and not looking like winning a game.

35 minutes ago, fifer67 said:

Balde would have played but word has it he has played his last game for the Fife. Apparently heading to Arbroath. We are in deep trouble not won a game since October and not looking like winning a game.

I liked your no.2 the captain & no.11 on the wing played well.

Trouten might be in his late 30's but I'd be starting him in League 2, he knows how to find the net.

A few times this season I've been asked by @The Moonster whether we'd win or not and I've always said we would. I haven't been keeping count but I think the hit rate is low so when he caught me today immediately before kick off, i was non committal and told him why. And for that reason, I think we both deserve a bit.of credit for today's result.

32 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

I liked your no.2 the captain & no.11 on the wing played well.

Trouten might be in his late 30's but I'd be starting him in League 2, he knows how to find the net.

We are honking and on the slide down. Trouten hasn’t done enough to convince me he’s starting unless there’s a penalty.