Dumbarton (aged 150) vs East Fife

Outcome?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There was another one just before the chopped off goal that I thought looked like a clear offside, despite a lot of complaining from the home fans. I did however think that Wallace was a bawhair onside for the disallowed goal. 

That aside I thought the ref was pish yesterday, he gave us very little in the second half despite being pernickity and quite how Finlay Gray didn’t get a free kick in the first half after being fucking poleaxed on the edge of the box is beyond me. That thing he was doing with his watch everytime we had a set piece was doing my boobs in.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

Nah, I was in line with it and he was definitely offside. That angle doesn't show it properly.

I mean, I was sitting pretty much in line as well and thought he was level ut hard to say in real time, but I stand by that I think he was just on after seeing it. I don't get whats wrong with the angle and I slowed it down and watched it various times and still think he was on.

As above, there was one before it that was clearly off and the ref/linesman gave it correctly. I also agree with BBPF, the ref was rotten. Fortunately didn't impact on the day/match.

There was a stage yesterday where it looked like the ref just wasn't going to give any fouls. All sorts going on, Gray bodying especially, and he barely batted an eyelid.

Joe McKee somehow avoided a booking for a very (good) cynical foul. Kieran Millar was booked for an almost identical incident. And then the East Fife defender who tried to haul back Orsi escaped a booking for trying, and failing, twice to pull him down on the the counter attack. It was like he didn't fancy the paperwork on Christmas Eve 

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

There was a stage yesterday where it looked like the ref just wasn't going to give any fouls. All sorts going on, Gray bodying especially, and he barely batted an eyelid.

Joe McKee somehow avoided a booking for a very (good) cynical foul. Kieran Millar was booked for an almost identical incident. And then the East Fife defender who tried to haul back Orsi escaped a booking for trying, and failing, twice to pull him down on the the counter attack. It was like he didn't fancy the paperwork on Christmas Eve 

And it was a further example of how the folk formerly known as linesmen have become little more than ornaments.

On 25/12/2022 at 07:47, The Moonster said:

Kalvin Orsi was worth every penny I spent yesterday. Absolutely untouchable. I don't know what we've put in his Weetabix but he's a man possessed right now. 

A great result and the perfect birthday. Well done to everyone involved. 

The turnaround in Orsi has been incredible. He's playing very well right now and has been for the past couple of months. I think Saturday's side is probably the strongest one we have. Difficult to argue for the likes of Ally Love or Ross Mclean coming back into the team. Ryan Blair too - Wilson doesnt deserve to be dropped and neither does Gray.

4 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

The turnaround in Orsi has been incredible. He's playing very well right now and has been for the past couple of months. I think Saturday's side is probably the strongest one we have. Difficult to argue for the likes of Ally Love or Ross Mclean coming back into the team. Ryan Blair too - Wilson doesnt deserve to be dropped and neither does Gray.

I can't agree on Blair.  Joe McKee had to fill the deep-sitting midfield role on Saturday and that denied us his influence further up the park.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I can't agree on Blair.  Joe McKee had to fill the deep-sitting midfield role on Saturday and that denied us his influence further up the park.

Not a huge issue for me. I  think that with Wilson and Gray playing in there, we've got 2 very mobile midfielders who love to drive forward. Those 2 can do the grafting. Let McKee concentrate on playing passes or threatening from set pieces.