Kelty v Pars Xmas shenanigans

Christmas Eve (or Friday 24rd as a few have changed to) is an utterly shite time for football. I'd have thought the games would have moved to Boxing Day as a Derby on that day is almost as traditional as New Year's Day (or the 2nd). 

I'm probably not going to manage as a result but after the last one at NCP that might not be a bad thing! Think Potter will have Kelty well set up again but will probably look to attack a bit more which might actually suit us as we struggle to beat teams who sit in but are able to pick teams off who have more of a go. Hopefully we can sneak a win here then beat Falkirk to set us up for the rest of the season.

6 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Christmas Eve (or Friday 24rd as a few have changed to) is an utterly shite time for football. I'd have thought the games would have moved to Boxing Day as a Derby on that day is almost as traditional as New Year's Day (or the 2nd). 

I'm probably not going to manage as a result but after the last one at NCP that might not be a bad thing! Think Potter will have Kelty well set up again but will probably look to attack a bit more which might actually suit us as we struggle to beat teams who sit in but are able to pick teams off who have more of a go. Hopefully we can sneak a win here then beat Falkirk to set us up for the rest of the season.

Boxing Day would have been a better choice neeb totally agree know loads of Kelty and pars fans not making it mainly due to not wanting to be in the dog house 🍺🍺😂😂, I’m taking car to resist temptation 

Think at this stage Dunfermline are already title winners in waiting , might have the odd blip but are grinding out results more often than not , just still can’t  believe we have come this far and we are playing them in the league 

Aye, no idea why the SPFL now seem to prefer Christmas Eve to Boxing Day given the latter is a far, far superior time to go out to the football and usually sees good crowds.

Also, 13.00 kick off is shite.

I'll still be going though. Just hope that the game is better than the last one there, but that can't be hard given the total crime that previous match was.

A win is needed and hoped for.

11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye, no idea why the SPFL now seem to prefer Christmas Eve to Boxing Day given the latter is a far, far superior time to go out to the football and usually sees good crowds.

Also, 13.00 kick off is shite.

I'll still be going though. Just hope that the game is better than the last one there, but that can't be hard given the total crime that previous match was.

A win is needed and hoped for.

To be fair was totally steaming at first game so luckily it was one I can’t really remember and you guys can afford to give us the points early Xmas present n awe that 😉

Just now, Kelheart said:

To be fair was totally steaming at first game so luckily it was one I can’t really remember and you guys can afford to give us the points early Xmas present n awe that 😉

Lucky b*****d. That game was vile. As for early presents, you'll be getting a lump of coal and liking it!

Have to agree terrible day and time for a game, far better things to be doing on Christmas eve than watching this game. Particularly if it's anything like the first game up there, and at least that day was warm.

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

I remember we play St Johnstone on Xmas Eve in 2011. An utterly shite crowd and a 3 nil hosing into the boot. I'm going but Xmas Eve football can get in the bin.

Oooh i shudder at thought of that game. Start of the run of Chris Smith blunders, freezing, small crowd. Got a feeling we scored a bizarre og..not 100% sure..but yeah it was one to forget

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

I remember we play St Johnstone on Xmas Eve in 2011. An utterly shite crowd and a 3 nil hosing into the boot. I'm going but Xmas Eve football can get in the bin.

26 minutes ago, FBadgers said:

Oooh i shudder at thought of that game. Start of the run of Chris Smith blunders, freezing, small crowd. Got a feeling we scored a bizarre og..not 100% sure..but yeah it was one to forget

https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/football/16334662