Xmas 2022

btb

15 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

At the point of Christmas Day where we’re just watching YouTube clips of Bob Mortimer on would I lie to you. Is there a better way to end the day?

No, no there is not.

Merry Christmas, P&B.

Christmas and New Year are ideal times for sitting on your arse watching telly, with a few beers and a tub of Twiglets. 

Many moons ago, an ex suggested that we should be copulating during the bells instead of sitting on our arses watching Trains, Planes and Automobiles, with the aforementioned beers and Twiglets in hand. Needless to say, the relationship ended not long after. If there is a man on this planet who would prefer sex to the witticisms of John Candy, he’s no friend of mine. 

1 hour ago, The Other Foot said:

Christmas and New Year are ideal times for sitting on your arse watching telly, with a few beers and a tub of Twiglets. 

Many moons ago, an ex suggested that we should be copulating during the bells instead of sitting on our arses watching Trains, Planes and Automobiles, with the aforementioned beers and Twiglets in hand. Needless to say, the relationship ended not long after. If there is a man on this planet who would prefer sex to the witticisms of John Candy, he’s no friend of mine. 

Depends on the John Candy film. 

Uncle Buck was a bit shite

Edited by Cosmic Joe

The "Buck Melanoma, Ginny Warts Growth" scene is one of my all time favorite 80s comedy scene.

Up there with Steve Martins "wipe that smug fucking grin off your fucking face and get me my fucking car" scene from Planes, Trains & Automobiles. 

Always happy to see John Candy pop up in a film I forgot he was in, the brother in Splash, the band guy in Home Alone, security gaurd in National Lampoon's Vacation.

Him and Kurt Russell were (are) my favorite actors when I was younger. Was about 12 when Candy died and remember feeling genuinely a bit gutted. Can honestly say not felt like that since when a celeb or artist I really like has died.

I've no seen Uncle Buck since the cinema, but I reckon I'll give it a watch the night to spite this evil monster Cosmic Joe. Ashamed to have considered him a good c**t up to now.

John Candy could turn on a wonderful malevolent quality that put him above most comedy actors. I reckon he'd have gone on to do more quality straight acting too. Almost thirty years he's been gone  :(

Went out for Christmas Dinner as we commemorated the birth of our Lord and Saviour.  Cracking food, but was tough with the weans.. probably just have it in the house next year.

I was one of the designated drivers, but managed to have a few when we got home.

All in all, a good day.

I am between jobs so went off to Tenerife for a cracking 11 nights holiday, coming home a couple of days ago for Christmas. Opened the door to find my house flooded, kitchen ruined and emergency plumber battered holes in the bathroom walls the following morning to stop the leak! I’ll be out of house for a month or so at least, so Christmas lunch was reconvened to an Indian restaurant yesterday which was actually a nice change. 

Im at the other half’s house and last night was pleasant evening with her family and today was mostly making buffet earlier this afternoon and watching  football on the telly, whilst she was out tonight, so all good. Thankfully the worst parts of Christmas were avoided during my holiday; excesses of consumerism, stressful shopping etc, but next time I’ll remember to put heating on the blooming timer!

9 hours ago, deegee said:

I am between jobs so went off to Tenerife for a cracking 11 nights holiday, coming home a couple of days ago for Christmas. Opened the door to find my house flooded, kitchen ruined and emergency plumber battered holes in the bathroom walls the following morning to stop the leak! I’ll be out of house for a month or so at least, so Christmas lunch was reconvened to an Indian restaurant yesterday which was actually a nice change. 

Im at the other half’s house and last night was pleasant evening with her family and today was mostly making buffet earlier this afternoon and watching  football on the telly, whilst she was out tonight, so all good. Thankfully the worst parts of Christmas were avoided during my holiday; excesses of consumerism, stressful shopping etc, but next time I’ll remember to put heating on the blooming timer!

Sounds like a nightmare!  Wishing you all the best with the repairs.

An Indian for Christmas Dinner sounds good though!

On 24/12/2022 at 23:32, Andy Dufresne said:

My wife was a chef manager in a care home and took great pride in cooking Christmas dinner for the residents,she told the management to go and f**k themselves when they moaned about her breaking the budget.It is their home they deserve decent food.

I used to work in a care home and the food was the cheapest of cheap stuff and looked awful. I wouldn't have fed it to @P and B Official Hamster.

With the amount of money it costs for people to stay in care homes, the least they can expect is some decent homely food and not some shite concocted out of whatever was about to go out-of-date. It's their home, it's not a prison.