Hamilton Academical thread

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/hamilton-accies-must-stay-full-29872055

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/potential-hamilton-accies-investor-put-29879960

I for one am convinced that this mystery, wealth off the radar investor:

a) definitely exists and

b) was definitely put off by Hamilton's big, bad fanbase of, err, 300 ST holders.

I'm sure that the stack of nonsense, 'we need an elite youth academy, full time football and £2 million income to operate' business model being peddled at NDP was definitely not a factor. Not to mention that £900k that was lost to a Nigerian prince (RBS compensation payment - lost in the post). 

Even accounting for McGowan's expected spin there's a deeper issue at HAFC than that clown alone. 

Edited by vikingTON

At least he's consistent tbf. It's a pretty damning indictment on the mid 00s cabal who ran Scottish football that a man who threatened to bulldoze one ground could get appointed to the board of another without so much as a mention of a fit and proper test.

Screenshot_20230504-092628.png

Screenshot_20230504-092342.png

Edited by Broken Algorithms

2 hours ago, virginton said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/hamilton-accies-must-stay-full-29872055

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/potential-hamilton-accies-investor-put-29879960

I for one am convinced that this mystery, wealth off the radar investor:

a) definitely exists and

b) was definitely put off by Hamilton's big, bad fanbase of, err, 300 ST holders.

I'm sure that the stack of nonsense, 'we need an elite youth academy, full time football and £2 million income to operate' business model being peddled at NDP was definitely not a factor. Not to mention that £900k that was lost to a Nigerian prince (RBS compensation payment - lost in the post). 

Even accounting for Macgowan's expected spin there's a deeper issue at HAFC than that clown alone. 

My bet is Mike Dellios trying to orchestrate yet another club take over from his Steakhouse HQ with its Hong Kong hotline.

2 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

At least he's consistent tbf. It's a pretty damning indictment on the mid 00s cabal who ran Scottish football that a man who threatened to bulldoze one ground could get appointed to the board of another without so much as a mention of a fit and proper test.

Screenshot_20230504-092628.png

Screenshot_20230504-092342.png

Wonder what the common denominator is between Raith fans' anger towards Colin McGowan and Accies fans' anger towards Colin McGowan

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Wonder what the common denominator is between Raith fans' anger towards Colin McGowan and Accies fans' anger towards Colin McGowan

He's a jakey rat who is absolutely stoking the fire ahead of what could be some ugly scenes tomorrow night.

I'm less bemused by the spiel (it's nothing new) than I am by the Daily Record printing two articles in two days to do his begging for him, without ever questioning him.

Why?

18 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

He's a jakey rat who is absolutely stoking the fire ahead of what could be some ugly scenes tomorrow night.

I'm less bemused by the spiel (it's nothing new) than I am by the Daily Record printing two articles in two days to do his begging for him, without ever questioning him.

Why?

I suppose his garbage will usually be hate-read by Accies fans so it's probably easy clicks for them. I actually assumed that folk today were just responding to yesterday's pish, so yeah I agree that it's bizarre that they've done it across two days. 

Sadly for Colin the Clown the people from Fife did save their club ! Now he’s up to the capers again but now with Hamilton really feel sorry for you guys that this so called football man is running your club , He takes no responsibility with anything and like the Rovers fans it’s now all the Accies fans fault that there club is in a mess 

On 01/05/2023 at 18:57, SirJimmyofNic said:

Hope hes not gonna play the same card he did with us, and threaten building houses on the ground 

He tried that a few years ago with a Planning Application to build Flats on land adjacent to The Tunnel behind The Main Stand,but South Lanarkshire Council knocked it back.

Meanwhile,he spiels about Investors,but it is well known that John Viola tried to buy the Club and a potential deal was agreed until  McGowan put a spanner in the works by refusing to sell The Stadium Company.

The man is arguably hated more than Watson,Fulston and Stepek who took over £6million out of the Club via dodgy Property deals leaving us with £650,000 to build a ground.

Hence why we only have two Stands and have lost a large section of the support from back then and the last few years.

In lesser news, that's Josh McDonald off to Leeds - apparently for £150k. It's strange for us to have an academy player make a big move like that before they make a first team appearance. I don't recall it happening since Daniel Armstrong in 2015? He'll be a big miss in the u18s' title push. 

18 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Off topic, but when played you lot we used to stay in the Bothwell bridge hotel and loved our nights there, now I'm hearing bad reports about the place from the brother in law, what happened?

New Owners,currently being done up I hear.

5 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

New Owners,currently being done up I hear.

We tried to book back some time ago for a game and they said they weren't taking bookings! odd behaviour for a new business..

Had some great nights there. 

On 04/05/2023 at 22:50, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

The man is arguably hated more than Watson,Fulston and Stepek who took over £6million out of the Club via dodgy Property deals leaving us with £650,000 to build a ground.

Obviously your area of expertise but if this is true and accurate, how could it have been allowed to happen?

On 01/05/2023 at 18:54, smc4761 said:

McGowan is going to tell us that they actually found the missing £ million down the back of one of sofas in board room. All is well with club and he will invest this £ million in the first team for next season. Lets all celebrate with a Nero vodka

If he is serious about selling the club the last thing he should have done was that Daily Record article.

Let’s hope the club come to their senses and play Fulton against Airdrie. We all know he isn’t injured while Jamie Smith showed his naivety against Alloa and was lucky to stay on the park. The emergency loan for the young hearts boy will be finished as well.

Any fee Portsmouth will allegedly give us can’t be worth increasing the risk of relegation for on the off chance he might get injured.