Albion Rovers vs Dumbarton

Outcome?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Considering the fact the Lowland League is a complete stain in Scottish football at the minute I sincerely hope one of the current League 2 sides or the Highland League champions keep the Lowland League ‘champions’ in that cesspit of a league. Special dispensation can be granted for any team who have voted to keep the shitey B teams out of the pyramid. 

Can't see past Brechin in the HL v LL play-off,they look a cut above anything in the LL,when I saw them a few wks ago.

Will be far tighter however if/when they come up against club 42.

Took this game in today. The second time I've seen both teams this season and just a week after I saw Dumbarton defeat a seriously limited East Fife side. 

I've been impressed with Rovers both times I've seen them (I saw them beat Bonnyrigg earlier in the season) and I'm more than a little surprised to see them sit bottom.

Charlie Reilly is a better player than League Two level but it was Callum Wilson that really impressed me today.

Not massively impressed with Dumbarton from the two viewings I've had of them but can see why they are top of the league. They are pretty solid at the back but there doesn't seem to be much flair or imagination to their play. 

Would like a wee look at Stirling Albion to compare the two as it is one of those two that will win League Two.

Rovers shoukd, I hope, be okay. On my limited evidence they aren't the worst team in the league. Better than what I've seen from Bonnyrigg, East Fife and Stenhousemuir. 

Edited by John MacLean

We absolutely dominated again but Dumbarton know how to win games of football big strong experienced defenders won the game for use today.

Number 7 was an absolute joke must be embarrassed watching that back changed his bad leg 3 times at one point and spent at least 45 mins on his arse.

Very rare both teams can say ref was poor but today he was an exception got decisions wrong for both teams.

Today actually reminded me a bit of when we were in the Championship against QoS. I remember seeing us lose to them (on at least one occasion) and thinking we dominated the game and huffed and puffed, but QoS were incredibly defensively solid, totally uncreative and just waited for us to make a mistake. They were a really streetwise outfit that knew how to win.

9 hours ago, FifeSons said:

The pitch looks much worse here than I thought it did from the terracing.

Like I said, good bit of luck that Sonkur completely missed the ball and maybe the pitch did contribute.

I hadn't realised it was Ally who started the move, before he sprinted to hit the penalty box and finish it off. That's really intelligent play. Tidy finish too. Very composed.