Soulsborne

Mr. Brightside

Soulsborne  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Been playing Elden Ring pretty much solidly for the past couple of weeks. Took a couple of days to get to grips with controls and stuff because I've never played a Souls type before. Having a laugh mucking about with different builds, weapons, and figuring out the move sets. Problem is, I get to about lvl 70 or so and then get the urge to play as something else. I know you can respec, but this is a problem I have with all open world RPG type stuff. I'm a completionist, so I'll play the first few areas into the ground, get bored, then start again as something else.

• 3 months later...

Playing DS1 for the first time, just got through the Anor Londo archer bullshit after an annoyingly long time. Go to the bonfire room, and some clown invades me, and I accidentally aggro the NPC in that room and have to kill him. 10 minutes later fighting the silver knights and I accidentally aggro ANOTHER NPC, the onion armor guy. What an infuriating fucking game 

• 3 months later...

Shadow of the Erdtree is out from today. The DLC is rumoured to add another 40 hours of gameplay and has been incredibly well received, with it stealing the crown of "best DLC of all time" from Blood & Wine for the Witcher 3, although Eurogamer said it was too hard and marked it down for that.

I thought the base game was quite hard. 

This is absolutely brutal though. Every enemy will two hit you and the boss combos are insane. Enjoying it even if it is costing me my sanity. 

On 21/06/2024 at 00:54, Mr. Brightside said:

Eurogamer said it was too hard and marked it down for that.

Eurogamer need to get good. 

8 hours ago, well fan for life said:

I thought the base game was quite hard. 

This is absolutely brutal though. Every enemy will two hit you and the boss combos are insane. Enjoying it even if it is costing me my sanity. 

Eurogamer need to get good. 

I had a terrible reality check today when I went to play the DLC, I left my save right at the start of NG+3, so I had to work through a bunch of bosses and areas to unlock Mohg's Palace which took me about 7 hours all told. I did get a cool 970k runes for beating Mohg though, which was nice.

1 hour ago, Mr. Brightside said:

I had a terrible reality check today when I went to play the DLC, I left my save right at the start of NG+3, so I had to work through a bunch of bosses and areas to unlock Mohg's Palace which took me about 7 hours all told. I did get a cool 970k runes for beating Mohg though, which was nice.

I'm not 100% sure how much your NG+whatever counts towards difficulty of the DLC but I'm at NG+3 as well and its nails.

I've done 2 of the main DLC bosses and a few catacombs/dungeons. The second main boss I reckon I was about 60 attempts before I finally got it done. 🥴

This is just too hard to be fun. Not enjoyable for me at the minute. Get hit twice by a boss and die. Brought out mimic tear and killed him inside 30 seconds without taking a hit. Just stupid. Find some balance please From Software 

I’m definitely picking this up soon but I haven’t played Elden Ring since originally sinking an obscene amount of hours into it back when it first released. The last thing I remember is that I re-specked to fanny around with some of the magic stuff (specifically Comet Azur as I think it was pretty OP at the time) and now I’m terrified to jump back in and find out what state I’m in. Can’t remember if I had even started NG+ or I had just done everything I wanted to do on NG.

The above posts have not helped with my apprehensions…

I've finally beaten the final boss. The scadutree fragments are hugely important and I noticed a sharp change in things getting more manageable once I got over level 12. All the bosses I found were a lot of trial & error, learning movesets and once they clicked I was away. 

The final boss is total and utter bullshit though. I'm all for not cheesing bosses until this c**t. Respecced into a build that meant I could hide behind a big shield and poke with my sharpest stick. 

Possible spoiler here regarding up the top of a mountain:

For the Bayle the Dread fight you are missing out on the best voice acting in the game if you try it without the NPC summon Igon. You find him broken on the way up the mountain but leave him be, then beat the two dragons fighting a bit further up in order to get his finger. He offers near enough no help combat wise but morale was through the ceiling listening to a guy too angry to die.

The bosses are so frustrating. Its just non-stop aggression, constant attack spam. At least the really tough fights in the base game like Melania had down periods to heal. Here the aggro is up to 10000%. I'm having to fight for my life dodging about 5 combo attacks for that half second chance, which you need to use to either heal or punish. You don't get a moments peace.

I must have spent about 5 hours on Messmer. Eventually I could get to stage 2 easily everytime just with shielding and guard countering, but stage 2, f**k me dead inside a minute everytime. Spam, spam, spam, spam. Impossible, I was never beating that. I just whipped out Mimic Tear and was done with it. f**k spending any more of my time on that. Now stuck on Scadutree Avatar and Putrescant Knight and having the same problem. 

On 09/07/2024 at 11:17, well fan for life said:

I've finally beaten the final boss. The scadutree fragments are hugely important and I noticed a sharp change in things getting more manageable once I got over level 12. All the bosses I found were a lot of trial & error, learning movesets and once they clicked I was away. 

The final boss is total and utter bullshit though. I'm all for not cheesing bosses until this c**t. Respecced into a build that meant I could hide behind a big shield and poke with my sharpest stick. 

Possible spoiler here regarding up the top of a mountain:

Hide contents

For the Bayle the Dread fight you are missing out on the best voice acting in the game if you try it without the NPC summon Igon. You find him broken on the way up the mountain but leave him be, then beat the two dragons fighting a bit further up in order to get his finger. He offers near enough no help combat wise but morale was through the ceiling listening to a guy too angry to die.

2024-07-10-1720627876817.png