Dumbarton vs Stirling Albion

Outcome?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/23 at 15:00

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Meh, if this sort of thing happens once you can let it slide but this is the third time we've had a game called off at the last minute and fans have found out from elsewhere. It's not a difficult thing to coordinate. 

Dumbartons response to these situations should be like a well oiled machine

2 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

This thread's gonna rival the Covid and BRALT threads by the time the game takes place. 

we should refuse to make the journey a fifth time. Let the SPFL dock us 3 points. We don't need them.

40 minutes ago, Sons fan 1872 said:

Does anyone know possibly jan will. What the timeline is for our injured players? 

Wallace is a head injury, so I think it depends if he was concussed or not how long he'll be out for.

McKee's issue is his back, and Faz says we're being very cautious with him because if it flares up again then his season is over.

MacLean is 4-6 weeks, so his season is done I suspect, Lynch is a hamstring, so I reckon his season is over too. Carsy seems to still be a few weeks away, so I'd imagine the last day of the season or the playoffs will be the earliest we see him play serious minutes.

No idea on Rusty McLean unfortunately as the first I heard about him was in the match preview.

I'd like to think we might have a few more bodies when this is actually played, but I'm not sure it will be many more.

1 minute ago, headthebaw said:

we should refuse to make the journey a fifth time. Let the SPFL dock us 3 points. We don't need them.

We could get docked a lot more than 3 points for that, so not a good idea.  I get the anger, but that's not on.

13 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Fair point, but I think it would’ve the decent thing to do, especially given many Stirling fans will rightly not want to bother coming back. We weren’t charging much more for an adult ticket anyway.

I think under normal circumstances that’d be the case but there’s a chance we could win the league at Dumbarton if the game is rescheduled for next week. Tough one to turn down even if you’re pissed off.

It would be good if the SPFL had some kind of fund/insurance that all clubs had to pay into to reimburse fans. A logistical nightmare, but it’s the kind of thing I could see progressive European countries that actually care about fans doing. Obvs in this case it’s completely our fault, but most call offs in football are just unfortunate, and, as always, it’s the fans that suffer.

Edited by FifeSons

1 hour ago, Binos said:

Is there a world record for this 

We must be approaching it

From the Guardian...

Back in the icy winter of 1979, the Scottish Cup second-round clash between Inverness Thistle and Falkirk had to be postponed no fewer than 29 times

48 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

Yep exactly.

I really pity you guys having to put up with that shambles of a club.

Fair play to those of you still supporting your team with ownership and management like this.

I can only agree with you, but it's a damned shame that it's taken this running farce for a few of our people to finally wake up and sniff the coffee.

I really hope you have the title wrapped up before this game is finally played and you boys save yourself any more hassle.

12 minutes ago, headthebaw said:

From the Guardian...

Back in the icy winter of 1979, the Scottish Cup second-round clash between Inverness Thistle and Falkirk had to be postponed no fewer than 29 times

Wonder if they called off all 29 within an hour of kick off 

52 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Presumably we didn’t even give the option of a cash refund, just the wee cards. Mental.

48 minutes ago, codfish said:

Cash refunds would be an absolute minefield with no evidence of whether someone paid full price, concession or a kids price (or was a season ticket holder chancing it).

While waiting in the queue for a refund, someone came down the line handing out vouchers. So potentially, you could have had a refund and a voucher

21 minutes ago, headthebaw said:

From the Guardian...

I’m sure when we were due to play Huntly or Cumbernauld Colts in the Scottish Cup a few seasons ago, they had a ridiculous amount of call offs. Might have even eventually had to play it at Kelty, for some reason. I bet @microdavewould remember.

57 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Do we not have a Trust rep on the board who’s heavily involved with the day to day running of the club? Does anyone know how long that person is expected to stay in that position for?

There is indeed a Trust Director on the three-person club Board but as far as I can gather the day to day running falls primarily to the Admin staff.

AFAIK there is no set term that anyone can serve in that role but after every three years there is requirement to give notice of an election, and that will happen in the fairly near future.  An individual can of course be re-elected either by ballot or unopposed.

I'll leave it there without further comment.