12 for 23

Rather than try to think up match the number of goals to the year (who can really be fucked even thinking of 23 things for this year), I thought it would be better to just aim for 12, rather obviously being an average of one a month, which should be achievable (in theory). Mine are: 

1. Finish the Munros (32 left, generally all in decent groups with only a couple of outliers).
  2. Cycle 5000 miles in total between Road, MTB and Zwift/Indoor
  3. Kayak a few new lochs and/or rivers. 
  4. Run a 10K event - on the face of it this shouldn't be too hard, but I hate running 😂
  5. Get to at least a couple of Dundee games, preferably including one at a ground I haven't been to - most likely Arbroath in early April
  6. Do better with fitness this year, ie weight back down below 12.5st, and FTP on bike above 250w
  7. Do one of the North Face routes on Ben Nevis (probably Ledge Route or maybe Tower Ridge)
  8. Try some of the MTB downhill runs on either the Nevis Range or Glencoe 
  9. Explore/camp Moidart & Ardnamurchan. It's a stunning area which needs explored
  10. Walk/hike/run a total of 500 miles
  11. Overnight in at least three bothies I haven't been to before
  12. Try to play more golf than last year - shouldn't be hard to play more than 6 rounds 😂
Edited by Benjamin_Nevis

1) Get to 30 Munros - Managed to do 11 last year taking my total to 15 so doubling this would be good.

2) Get a new job - Really bored of what I’m doing right now and need a change. 

3) Run 500 miles - Managed 475 miles this year so this should be achievable.

4) Do the West Highland Way - Been talking about this for years with a mate, hopefully this year is the year. 

5) Get the garden finished - Currently in a state but made some decent progress in the summer. 

6) Increase the savings - Be nice to save towards getting the Bathroom done. 

7) Find a Mrs - Been single for a while and one night stands/casual flings are getting boring. 

8) Cut down fizzy juice intake/ Drink more water - Drink Coke Zero like it’s going out of fashion. 

9) Cut down phone use - Constantly on my phone and need to cut down. 

10) Lose some timber - Had already put on a bit of beef but the last few days have been a pisstake. Currently 15st 2lb, would be nice to be under 13st again.

Can’t think of another 2 so 10 for 23 will do me. 

I managed one out of 6 last year, but f**k it, here we go.

1. Get out of the horrific job I started in 2022 (ironically, the only 2022 goal I achieved. You live and learn.)

2. Climb two new mountains 

3. Help my son more with his schoolwork. Unlike his big sister, he needs it.

4. Run regularly (if not every weekend, at least most weekends)

5. Free up time for creative activities (reading, writing)

Bring it on, and good luck comrades.

Edited by Duszek
Edit

1 - Enter a powerlifting meet. I have no illusions about being a competitor but I’ve been lifting recreationally for years and have decent numbers and think at least doing one meet would be a good motivator. I don’t even know how to go about it though, will have to look into it and may need to join a proper gym or get a coach.

2 - Lose some weight. Perhaps contradicting the above ambition, I could do with slimming down a little bit. No great changes required, just a little more portion control and self discipline.

3 - Walking 8k steps a day. My average for the last six months is 4500, I need to bump this up. 

I’ll have to try and think of more.

43 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

1 - Enter a powerlifting meet. I have no illusions about being a competitor but I’ve been lifting recreationally for years and have decent numbers and think at least doing one meet would be a good motivator. I don’t even know how to go about it though, will have to look into it and may need to join a proper gym or get a coach.

2 - Lose some weight. Perhaps contradicting the above ambition, I could do with slimming down a little bit. No great changes required, just a little more portion control and self discipline.

3 - Walking 8k steps a day. My average for the last six months is 4500, I need to bump this up. 

I’ll have to try and think of more.

No you don't.

1. Retire from public life. Never have a free weekend just to do f**k all or things i might enjoy doing because of having social commitments. 

2. Get down to 50 munros to go meaning I have to do 24 this year, which will be a hassle as they are miles away. Maybe @Benjamin_Nevis can stash me a bottle on A' Mhaighdean as I fancy a summit camp there too but probably  won't drag my tent beyond Carnmore.

3. Do the Aonach Eagach

4. Get a proper sleep. Starts with not taking my phone to bed and posting on this hellsite til 1 in the morning.

5.  Related to above. Read 20 fiction books

6. Lose 2 stone

7. Get the house decorated. Been moaning about it for 2 years. Just get it done.

8. Dry January 

9. Get a new job outside local government 

10. Walk 25 miles a week.

11. No cigarettes. I had one today but needed to finish the Xmas ones off.

12. Try and go to cinema or play snooker or do something at least once a week through the week that gets me out of house instead of locking the door at 6pm every night.

1) Loose weight 
2) Get more physically fit
3) Eat less shite/ more healthily
4) Manage my diabetes better
5) Find a partner
6) Get in touch with friends/ family more often
7) Get back in touch with friends/ family I've lost touch with
8 ) Get to Fir Park more often
9) Try and get to a few away games
10) Drink a bit less
11) Play my guitars more often
12) Try and learn something new

1. Catch a barbel

2. Start cooking some real meals and cut down on takeaways and ready meals 

3. Cut down on snacking

4. Be more considerate 

5. Start tidying up more,  rather than having a cleaning frenzy every few weeks - month or so

6. Try growing my own veg again 

7. Wash the car occasionally 

8. Stop putting things off, like decorating and DIY

9. Buy a big magnet and try magnet fishing 

10. Be less scruffy.

11. Start home brewing 

12. Less time online.