Which players completely changed your opinion of them?

Tommy Turner - came to Saints on what seemed to be the downward spiral of his career which seemed to be confirmed by the start when he fell out with TonyF and was sent on loan to QotS. He was recalled by Tom Hendrie to much indifference as I recall but proceeded to captain us to the First Division title in the maddest of all Saints seasons I can recall. 99/00 - how many last minute winners, a revenge 6-0 win over Raith, 4 wins against Clyde which drove Graham Roberts insane, 12 players sent off against us over the course of the season and that fabulous month of April with 4 nervy 1 goal winners, so many cult players that season but Tommy Turner just wins with his "Who me, ref?" routine which he used at least twice a match after late tackles.

Edited by btb

John McQuillan. Signing from the Dee, this guy needed to be decent to get my support back then. First few performances were pretty horrific and he got plenty of stick from the fans. 
He fairly turned it round and became one of our best right backs IMO.

Yassin Moutaouakil signed on loan for us as a former France under 21 captain who was once coveted by several big clubs and had a class debut against Rangers and we thought we had a big player on our hands. Jerome Rothen was making his debut for Rangers that day on the left and I think it was him who made Yassin look half decent. He was completely Rothen himself every other game he played for us.

On the contrary, Jim O'Brien looked ineffectual for the first six months at us, especially after we paid a nominal fee for him, which was rare then. After that he properly kicked on and had a great 18 months, even getting in the league team of the season in his second season. No bad on the guitar either.

2 hours ago, btb said:

Tommy Turner - came to Saints on whet seemed to be the downward spiral of his career which seemed to be confirmed by the start when he fell out with TonyF  and was sent on loan to QotS. He was recalled by Tom Hendrie to much indifference as I recall but proceeded to captain us to the First Division title in the maddest of all Saints seasons I can recall. 99/00 - how many last minute winners, a revenge 6-0 win over Raith, 4 wins against Clyde which drove Graham Roberts insane, 12 players sent off against us over the course of the season and that fabulous month of April with 4 nervy 1 goal winners, so many cult players that season but Tommy Turner just wins with his "Who me, ref?" routine which he used at least twice a match after late tackles.

Did he tip goal-bound shots over the bar when at St. Mirren too?