Forfar v Elgin

Some excellent close play, some fine defending, some absolutely baffling refereeing team's decisions. If it hadn't been for Dingwall's first class Harry Kane penalty impression I'd be more upset than I am. A corker 😂.

It's great to see Ray McKinnon constantly engaging with the players. A fine appointment.

17 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Some excellent close play, some fine defending, some absolutely baffling refereeing team's decisions. If it hadn't been for Dingwall's first class Harry Kane penalty impression I'd be more upset than I am. A corker 😂.

It's great to see Ray McKinnon constantly engaging with the players. A fine appointment.

I agree he’s got us looking like a team. Any other day stef scores that chance first half and the ref isn’t a grade A c**t . A couple of useful additions and we should be ok

Absolutely atrocious refereeing today, ruined the game big time.

first half we looked very comfortable should have been in the lead if I’m honest. Need to start taking our big chances or it’ll finish like it did today.

defended well when down to 10 men; not sure what McCallum was doing wiping out Hester that was a stonewall penalty, good laugh Dingwall missing his retake, has anyone found the ball yet?

Since McKinnon came in we have looked miles better, actually have a structure & you can see the type of style he is trying to instil in the team.

Slater & Flanagan were massively missed today. Although Hutton had one of his better games for us today.

Stone wall pen no doubts but Marc didn't have to go for it, the lad had hit it so far past him he could have gone back to cover his front post. Didn't see any infringement for the save, if he had come off his line he should have been booked. Irked me that the Elgin boys were asking the ref for a red card on top of the penalty. Karma was served though.

Don't remember who was involved in the clash in the middle where the Elgin boy elbowed the Loon in the head then went down clutching his face, really poor decision making by the ref, got totally conned.

But bad game management by McKinnon in the end, he should have shut up shop 10 mins to go and taken the point, left Aitken up front to chase clearances and just play a bank of 4 and five in front, hoof it into the channels, don't let them get in behind, but he did none of that.

Foot shot yet again

17 minutes ago, C_titz said:

Come on man, there’s seriously no way that was a red card . Totally changed the game . Elgin would never have won that with 11v 14

Technically it was mate, I know Thomas isn't a dirty player but as he slid in, his foot came up, studs first. Elgin boy made a meal of it right enough, ref got a wee bit conned again, Thomas probably didn't need to make the challenge though.

1 hour ago, lwh said:

Referee cost us the 3 points but got to take chances. We were cruising in the first half, in complete control and go in at 0-0. Things so much more positive under McKinnon though

We shot ourselves in the foot again and TBH I would paly anyone but Aitken up front, if McKinnon gets any strikers in on loan Aitken is done at this club.

Then again, McKinnon will be off as soon as a better offer comes along, all he has to do is get Forfar safe this season and his job id done and he looks golden again