FC Edinburgh Vs Dunfermline

2 hours ago, par-adise said:

Deniz MotM for that save at the end alone.

A truly awful match day experience. The scale of the changes required to improve it mean I can't see me ever going back tbh. 

It's basic things that make it shite.

Having just one set of turnstiles is pish and when they inevitable draw Hearts, Hibs or either of the OF in a cup it's going to cause big problems.

Having three crappy portaloos for the entire away support isn't acceptable. They barely flush and have no hot running water, so you can't wash your hands (thankfully I had some hand gel with me yesterday). There's no separate ones for women so they have to deal with the inevitable pish everywhere on the seats. They're small so folk with kids will struggle. The queue for them is beside the queue for the food van, so folk were sometimes confused as to which queue to join. Horrendous planning.

The worst of course is the view. Flat all round, so if you aren't at the front you will have an obstructed view all game and may miss certain incidents. 

It's not a ground fit for SPFL football.

On the one set of turnstiles, Its probably enough to get fans in.   but in terms of segregation its pottentially a massive problem.   There is absolutely no tension between our clubs,  but at FT you could see some nerves in the stewards as they wondered if the shouts between the kids in the home end and the more boisterous  away fans could pottentially become more.  

33 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It's basic things that make it shite.

Having just one set of turnstiles is pish and when they inevitable draw Hearts, Hibs or either of the OF in a cup it's going to cause big problems.

Having three crappy portaloos for the entire away support isn't acceptable. They barely flush and have no hot running water, so you can't wash your hands (thankfully I had some hand gel with me yesterday). There's no separate ones for women so they have to deal with the inevitable pish everywhere on the seats. They're small so folk with kids will struggle. The queue for them is beside the queue for the food van, so folk were sometimes confused as to which queue to join. Horrendous planning.

The worst of course is the view. Flat all round, so if you aren't at the front you will have an obstructed view all game and may miss certain incidents. 

It's not a ground fit for SPFL football.

I totally agree with everything you say but what makes it even worse for me is that this is a new ground.

It’s almost as though there has been absolutely no thought whatsoever for any standing spectators.

We have better toilet facilities at our Scouts campsite.

It’s certainly not a ground I would want to have to go back to. 

I don’t think it would be able to hold a game with either of the big Glasgow or Edinburgh teams without any temporary stands put in. I would expect they would have to move any game to Easter Road or Tynecastle 

55 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I totally agree with everything you say but what makes it even worse for me is that this is a new ground.

It’s almost as though there has been absolutely no thought whatsoever for any standing spectators.

We have better toilet facilities at our Scouts campsite.

It’s certainly not a ground I would want to have to go back to. 

I don’t think it would be able to hold a game with either of the big Glasgow or Edinburgh teams without any temporary stands put in. I would expect they would have to move any game to Easter Road or Tynecastle 

Don't think clubs are permitted to do that any longer.

There has been chat some time for an additional stand at the ground, presumably opposite the sports complex? 

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

On the one set of turnstiles, Its probably enough to get fans in.   but in terms of segregation its pottentially a massive problem.   There is absolutely no tension between our clubs,  but at FT you could see some nerves in the stewards as they wondered if the shouts between the kids in the home end and the more boisterous  away fans could pottentially become more.  

Agreed. There were plenty of Pars fans in the home section, all decent folk. But like you say, all it would take is one or two to take offence at our Young Team and it could kick off a little. 

The toilets are a joke, 3 portaloos for > 1,000 people is just ridiculous and possibly some penny pinching from the home club. 

22 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Don't think clubs are permitted to do that any longer.

There has been chat some time for an additional stand at the ground, presumably opposite the sports complex? 

Yes, there is planning permission granted for a stand on the opposite side of the pitch where your fans were watching with binoculars yesterday. It would be outside the running track, so no idea what happens to the dugouts which obviously obscure the view. 

The issue is that all of the land surrounding Meadowbank has been sold to developers to build umpteen flats. There is a tiny patch of land owned by the developers which the club would need to obtain access to the stand (so we are told). This came to light after the planning permission had been obtained. The latest rumour is that the new stand can't be built until the flats are built, which could be > 2 years even if they started now. 

So probably the best thing all round is if City stick around in League 1 for a season or two, and only have to cope with a crowd > 500 people 4 or 6 times a season. 

30 minutes ago, RubyTuesday said:

stand can't be built until the flats are built, which could be > 2 years even if they started now.

This is one of the things, your BOD claim they are just waiting on the housing development but there was not a single sign anything had been done. 

I went for a pish before half time and the portaloos were already pretty dark, they weren't situated near any lights so they'd have pretty awful visibility in the second half I'd imagine. It was my first, and I'd imagine my last time visiting through, it's awful. 

I feel sorry for the Edinburgh fans, this should've been an incredible, almost unexpected season but the off field shenanigans will undoubtedly have put a dampener on things. 

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

Let's be honest, this ground is a shit house and should not be allowed to be used at this level. Nothing against Edinburgh as a club, this is purely ground specific.