Ross County v Livingston

This is getting like a game of chicken waiting to see who will lose their nerve first and start a match thread, i'll take one for the team and bottle it first this week.

We're struggling like f**k without Nouble giving us a decent out ball to get us up the pitch, and cause a bit of chaos in the final third, no sign of him coming back yet either, could be another couple of weeks before we'll see him making the bench. We've at least stemmed the flow of defeats with draws in our last 2 games though, i'd take drawing our way to Nouble's return if i'm being honest, with another here and again in Perth next weekend.

Would be great if we could score the odd penalty, but i might be pushing my luck and taking it too far hoping for that to happen.

Generally speaking,a tough place to go in Dingwall. With the said absences expected from us think it would be a bonus for us to take anything from this.Our defence will really need to be on their game to keep County at bay i suspect.Having said that,a point on the road wouldn't represent a disaster up there.Its so tight below the top 3 and I expect it to continue tomorrow after the weekends games. Mon the Lions.🦁👍.

I don't think we'll win this one, would be content with a draw. Bit torn between starting Bradley or leaving him as an impact sub - he looked good against Motherwell and looks like a handful especially against a tiring defence.

George

Devlin  -  Obileye  -  Boyes  -  Penrice

Omeonga  -  Shinnie  -  Se.Kelly

Bahamboula  -  Anderson  -  Montano

28 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

I don't think we'll win this one, would be content with a draw. Bit torn between starting Bradley or leaving him as an impact sub - he looked good against Motherwell and looks like a handful especially against a tiring defence.

George

Devlin  -  Obileye  -  Boyes  -  Penrice

Omeonga  -  Shinnie  -  Se.Kelly

Bahamboula  -  Anderson  -  Montano

Not sure about Shinnie TBH. Bit of a luxury player for holding when you're winning IMO.

I'd still go for starting with Kelly personally.

1 minute ago, Durnford said:

Not sure about Shinnie TBH. Bit of a luxury player for holding when you're winning IMO.

I'd still go for starting with Kelly personally.

Yeah, really a toss up between them for me. Kelly had a strong start but he hasn't impressed me much recently, looks more likely to get himself sent off than Shinnie. Would be happier bringing him off the bench tbh.

For me Bahamboula is best far over on the wing. One on one he can beat pretty much anyone; but seems to struggle when up against multiple defenders; maybe beating a couple of challenges only to come unstuck on the third.

With Bahamboula and Montano putting balls in to the penalty area all we need is someone to latch on and put then in - unfortunately that's not been happening lately

We're generally horrible vs Livi who often just body us in midfield and our central midfield is utterly rotten.

I'll take a 1-0 but as of most of this season a huge meh all round.

16 minutes ago, Comrie said:

We're generally horrible vs Livi who often just body us in midfield and our central midfield is utterly rotten.

I'll take a 1-0 but as of most of this season a huge meh all round.

To be fair Holt and Pittman are both suspended for this so 2/3 of our starting CMs wont be playing

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

For me Bahamboula is best far over on the wing. One on one he can beat pretty much anyone; but seems to struggle when up against multiple defenders; maybe beating a couple of challenges only to come unstuck on the third.

Martindale often has him coming infield to create and he can do that. In that last match against Motherwell, his backheel allowed Stephen Kelly to get a shot in first half. Going back to St Johnstone at home, his winner came from him moving centrally to collect the ball.

As you've put there, though, he's maybe even more effective when his remit is just a simpler winger role. Receiving the ball in a wide position, so he's one on one with the opposition full back who he'll always get past, and he can deliver those low crosses he likes to do. However, we've only really seen him play this way when he's been right mid in front of a back 3.

Clearly, spirits are low amongst County fans at the minute and it’s easy to see why. A decent defence is fronted by a powder-puff yet uncreative midfield with an unspectacular workhorse up front. Couple that up with a manager who doesn’t know his best team in the middle of January and it’s a recipe for relegation. I’m genuinely unsure what team gets put out tomorrow. I do think we will revert back to the 4-2-3-1 type shape as this is a must win game for ourselves so I think we will set up a bit more aggressive. Here is how I would personally line up:

Laidlaw

Randall-Baldwin-Iacovitti-Harmon

Tillson-Loturi

Sims-Dhanda-Owura

White

That team is utter shite but it’s probably the best we can muster up. The wingers are debatable, but Sims is the only one who has never really been given a run in the team and Olaigbe and Akio are hardly firing on all cylinders so surely it’s time to get the wee man on from the start. 

Edited by Matty-RCFC

4 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

a manager who doesn’t know his best team in the middle of January and it’s a recipe for relegation.

This.

In our November victories against Hibs and St Mirren (and the reason we are not adrift) we had Johnson at RB. Why Randall has come straight back from injury into the team is beyond me. 

2 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

This.

In our November victories against Hibs and St Mirren (and the reason we are not adrift) we had Johnson at RB. Why Randall has come straight back from injury into the team is beyond me. 

I like Randall, but agree with this. Johnson was playing well and was dropped for no apparent reason.

If it was up to me Loturi, Baldwin and Edwards come back in, and I'd be happy to see Sims on the other wing as well. Suppose White has been our best striker this season even if that's a low bar, although you could put any of the forwards we have at the moment up front and if we play like we have the last few weeks it won't matter a jot.