Ross County v Livingston

Although I have been an advocate of Loturi playing in central midfield, because he is one of a rare few in the squad capable of playing a penetrating pass, he was way off the pace of the match vs Dundee United. I get that Holt and Pittman are suspended, but if Livi can play a high tempo pressing game then they’ll surely have control of midfield here.

Stephen Kelly was mostly criticised by fans when he was on loan at Ross County, but I thought in his last month at the club he was showing hints of developing into a quality player. We would have seen a much better player if he had stuck around for another year.

6 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Although I have been an advocate of Loturi playing in central midfield, because he is one of a rare few in the squad capable of playing a penetrating pass, he was way off the pace of the match vs Dundee United. I get that Holt and Pittman are suspended, but if Livi can play a high tempo pressing game then they’ll surely have control of midfield here.

Stephen Kelly was mostly criticised by fans when he was on loan at Ross County, but I thought in his last month at the club he was showing hints of developing into a quality player. We would have seen a much better player if he had stuck around for another year.

Kelly has turned into a really good player for us, always seems to do something positive when he's got the ball. I'm just glad we've got him permanently as it looks like a steal

12 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Kelly has turned into a really good player for us, always seems to do something positive when he's got the ball. I'm just glad we've got him permanently as it looks like a steal

Meanwhile County start with three midfielders with not a progressive pass among them. 

3 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Meanwhile County start with three midfielders with not a progressive pass among them. 

It looks like we might be playing St. Kelly on the wing tbf. Although Sean Kelly is back in at CM with Omeonga and Shinnie so we're maybe a bit light in terms of pressing in the middle. Just Omeonga who's really known for it

We'd needed a right-sided inverted winger after Bailey left and I like how Martindale waited until now to get his man (Bradley) rather than just loaning from an English club in the summer. Stephane "N'golo Kante" Omeonga should give our centre mid a much better balance than last week. Fitzwater can hopefully fix the right side defence problem of the last two matches. Penrice's pace makes him a good match against Olaigbe.

Edited by FreedomFarter

1 minute ago, Comrie said:

Thought Shinnie was well on there? More proof to show that Watson is utterly done at this level.

VAR using a graphic showing Shinnie’s hand being offside, despite that not being the rule at all :D don’t worry, VAR wants us down 

11 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Thought Shinnie was well on there? More proof to show that Watson is utterly done at this level.

11 minutes ago, central staggie said:

Watson has looked particularly pish so far today

It’s little wonder we’re bottom of the league with the likes of him playing. Why Baldwin isn’t playing instead of him I do not know.