Forfar Athletic vs Dumbarton

Forfar Athletic vs Dumbarton   

30 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/01/23 at 15:00

I wanted a cracking match, and whilst it wasn't an epic it certainly had everything.

A red card (daft of McGeever)

Two penalties, that shouldn't have been (Forfar's was definitely outside the box, and Dumbarton's one is reason unknown)

A guy going mental (Ally being a grumpy wee man, surprised he wasn't dismissed after squaring up to the ref)

A steward chasing a fan (I agree with previous poster, Benny Hill music required!)

Also Stef doing a now obligatory Forfar thing of hitting every post without it going in (don't forget Matty taking 2 seconds to tee up a shot at what was an open goal until he delayed it)

Three points, pulls up up the table in what is a fascinating and tight league (we're 1 point off 4th and 5 points off bottom).

Well done to @Strongbow392001 @C_titz @lwh @son hawk @terracingtam @nofixedability @Zanetti @shortjock @SlipperyP @Matty-RCFC and @squeezebox-son for correctly predicting a win for the Loons. Normally @Jan Vojáček votes against Dumbarton but didn't this week so I'm laying the blame at his door for our first defeat in three months.

2 hours ago, microdave said:

Well done to @Strongbow392001 @C_titz @lwh @son hawk @terracingtam @nofixedability @Zanetti @shortjock @SlipperyP @Matty-RCFC and @squeezebox-son for correctly predicting a win for the Loons. Normally @Jan Vojáček votes against Dumbarton but didn't this week so I'm laying the blame at his door for our first defeat in three months.

Manager of the month curse not a better suspect?

Edited by WC Boggs
add

6 hours ago, microdave said:

Can I  also add.

@microdave @super-son @RateofKnots @Shawheadrover @jagfox @Rock Hudson @Bridie Vision @aftershocker @sonsanorak @sons superhero @Sawkye

GIRFUY.

giphy.gif

Edited by SlipperyP

The better team won yesterday, full stop, but I can I just point out to some hyperventilating Loons fans that you were playing ten men for almost eighty minutes.  At our level that length of time is a tough shift.

As for Dumbarton, injuries and suspensions were eventually going to impact our season.  The former we can do little about but the number of stupid bookings is a huge problem.  Love, McKee and Carswell (who I think is now suspended) didn't help yesterday.

The takeaway from this game is that Forfar are steadily improving under McKinnon without being brilliant, whilst Dumbarton may well now struggle to remain top, especially with a lack of physicality in midfield. 

45 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

The better team won yesterday, full stop, but I can I just point out to some hyperventilating Loons fans that you were playing ten men for almost eighty minutes. 

We’ve just had to experience 18 months under a complete moron of a manager, we’re not used to this thing called ‘winning’.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

The better team won yesterday, full stop, but I can I just point out to some hyperventilating Loons fans that you were playing ten men for almost eighty minutes.  At our level that length of time is a tough shift.

As for Dumbarton, injuries and suspensions were eventually going to impact our season.  The former we can do little about but the number of stupid bookings is a huge problem.  Love, McKee and Carswell (who I think is now suspended) didn't help yesterday.

The takeaway from this game is that Forfar are steadily improving under McKinnon without being brilliant, whilst Dumbarton may well now struggle to remain top, especially with a lack of physicality in midfield. 

Mate, you don’t realise the shit we have had to watch for a couple of years before this wee purple patch. This is like watching Barcelona for us 

1 hour ago, C_titz said:

Mate, you don’t realise the shit we have had to watch for a couple of years before this wee purple patch. This is like watching Barcelona for us 

We've spent ten years battling relegation. 

3 minutes ago, lwh said:

That looks inside to me

D785F2D0-2684-46F5-A70D-CBE2712A734D.png

It looks absolutely bang on the line, but touching the line is a penalty I think, isn't it? So based on that I'd say the ref probably got it correct.

The defending for our two goals is straight out of last season. Absolutely woeful from Carsy for the first, and Lynas totally loses the winger for that one. He's not got a clue he's there.

Our one is very soft, and very similar to the one Killie didn't get last night. I suppose there's always a risk when you've got your arms around a player, but 99 times out of 100 they aren't given. And if the game is 1-1 at that point then there's not a chance he points to the spot imo.

45 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

It looks absolutely bang on the line, but touching the line is a penalty I think, isn't it? So based on that I'd say the ref probably got it correct.

The defending for our two goals is straight out of last season. Absolutely woeful from Carsy for the first, and Lynas totally loses the winger for that one. He's not got a clue he's there.

Our one is very soft, and very similar to the one Killie didn't get last night. I suppose there's always a risk when you've got your arms around a player, but 99 times out of 100 they aren't given. And if the game is 1-1 at that point then there's not a chance he points to the spot imo.

Carswell and McGeever for the red card are just completely lost as well. No idea what happened as one of them just needs to deal with it. 

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Yeah, On the line is a penalty. I think it would be more understandable to give the other one if the ball was gonna drop right on his head but it sails right out the other side. It’s really soft but his arms are wrapped around him

Edited by lwh