Give everyone 3 Stands FC V Livingston

11 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah we're a rehab club for ex cons and such like, Lithgow, Gallagher, Martindale, and got a lot of stick for it.

We've had a few others at the club with some level of "baggage"

Marvin Bartley, Shaun Byrne, Cristian Montano, Anthony Stokes, Angelo Ma***ne, Hakeem Odoffin, David Robertson (don't think it was known at the time tbf)

We seem to be a bit of a haven for footballers with baggage (whether their own doing or otherwise) and give them the chance to kick on. In fairness, guys like Gallagher wouldn't be anywhere near our club without their baggage as they'd have been levels above us. Same with Martindale, I reckon he'd be in a bigger job already had it not been for his past

Anyway; back to the match.

Thought the pitch looked bad at the beginning with all the sand all over the place and divots here and there  and then I read about the battle to gat the game on and pass the pitch inspection all morning.

Within about an hour I was thinking "this would never pass a pitch inspection now" and was looking a hell of a state at the end. Penrice's celebration after his goal particularly seemed to leave a couple of furrows.

On 17/01/2023 at 08:18, Cptn Hooch said:

We've had a few others at the club with some level of "baggage"

Marvin Bartley, Shaun Byrne, Cristian Montano, Anthony Stokes, Angelo Ma***ne, Hakeem Odoffin, David Robertson (don't think it was known at the time tbf)

We seem to be a bit of a haven for footballers with baggage (whether their own doing or otherwise) and give them the chance to kick on. In fairness, guys like Gallagher wouldn't be anywhere near our club without their baggage as they'd have been levels above us. Same with Martindale, I reckon he'd be in a bigger job already had it not been for his past

I've missed some of these stories, what did Byrne and Odoffin do?

15 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Think he's referring the "baggage". As far as I'm aware Shaun was severely depressed following his mother's passing at a relatively young age,

Think his form fell off with Dunfermline resulting with him being released. Struggled at first with us  but playing regularly gave him the chance to pick his life up again. Personally thought he was an player, who can forget that Dundee United game, the only concern was his rashness occasionally led to his being sent for an early bath. I still believe he should be playing in the Premiership but I think he wanted to be assured of a regular start.

As for Hakeem Odoffin; I'm not really sure. I know he started at Tottenham but his career took a nose dive following successive almost career ending injuries. Not aware of anything else.

24 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Byrne was sanctioned for breaking betting rules, sure he served a 10 match ban...not quite the same as attempted murder but still baggage.

Odoffin is the son of a renowned terrorist, again, not quite in the same realm as some of the others but it made the papers.

Sure I read Hippolyte punched his former manager too but can't find anything in the papers. Plus there's Lyndon Dykes spitting at Livi fans while playing for QoS 

5 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Byrne was sanctioned for breaking betting rules, sure he served a 10 match ban...not quite the same as attempted murder but still baggage.

Odoffin is the son of a renowned terrorist, again, not quite in the same realm as some of the others but it made the papers.

Sure I read Hippolyte punched his former manager too but can't find anything in the papers. Plus there's Lyndon Dykes spitting at Livi fans while playing for QoS 

Ahem;  please don't mention Bobby Barr

3 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

??

Bu@@er!

Before he joined us Bobby not only played for Albion Rovers but also for Paul Martin's (the team manager) separate roofing business.

Bobby was made redundant and the relationship started to break down rapidly until he was "sacked" from Albion Rovers for being constantly "disrespectful".

It is well documented that he often shouted at the manager and the assistant during training and the match but also it has been suggested that he left a "present" in Paul Martin's desk drawer. There were a lot of suggestions on social media of what that "present" actually was but the general view was it was extremely unpleasant (and messy/smelly).

As far as I am aware neither party has publicly confirmed the incident took place.

I don't think Gary Bollan had any problem with him

7 minutes ago, Durnford said:

There were a lot of suggestions on social media of what that "present" actually was but the general view was it was extremely unpleasant (and messy/smelly).

As far as I am aware neither party has publicly confirmed the incident took place.

I don't think Gary Bollan had any problem with him

Was it fish soup?

I think it was Yogi that had the issue with him in his time at Livi

3 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I think it was Yogi that had the issue with him in his time at Livi

Correct, remember him turning around and shouting "shut the f**k up" while Hughes was shouting through one of our standard terrible performances under him. Shortly after that is when he went on loan to East Fife.

38 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Correct, remember him turning around and shouting "shut the f**k up" while Hughes was shouting through one of our standard terrible performances under him. Shortly after that is when he went on loan to East Fife.

Hughes blanked Barr for going on a run up the pitch and scoring a goal against Falkirk when Barr went over to the bench celebrating, then he scored again and ran over to the fans. Was after that he was sent to Coventry/East Fife. Hughes philosophy was make 10 passes when one would do, and didn't like anyone just taking the ball and running past players, which was basically Barr's game.

Thought it hilarious when Hughes took over Rath and Barr was playing for them, would've loved to have seen Barr's face when that news broke.🤣 Something similar happened with the Doc when Hughes signed for us as manager, Deuchar posted on twitter 'that'll be my last game for Livi then'.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

36 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Wonder how he'd have coped under Martindale....I get the impression the players don't mind Martindale screaming from the touchline because he clearly respects them and there's a great relationship between the management and players