Edinburgh College - same as BUCS team or not?

Is the Edinburgh College team separate from the team that plays in the BUCS Scottish Division 5?  I ask because at least once this season, both teams have played on the same day.  Is the BUCS team now the 2nd team?

This would be different to the other University sides in the senior leagues? Stirling, Edinburgh, Heriot-Watt, Glasgow, Aberdeen?  From what I read from Stirling anyway, they consider the first team (LL) and the BUCS team to be the same thing.

19 minutes ago, mcruic said:

This would be different to the other University sides in the senior leagues? Stirling, Edinburgh, Heriot-Watt, Glasgow, Aberdeen?  From what I read from Stirling anyway, they consider the first team (LL) and the BUCS team to be the same thing.

From what's been said on here. The EoSFL team was set up independently of the college, there was the poster on here that would also chime into say "They're not students!".

6 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

From what's been said on here. The EoSFL team was set up independently of the college, there was the poster on here that would also chime into say "They're not students!".

Just as well they didn't call themselves Edinburgh College Juniors.

Uni of Stirling allow outsiders.

Heriot-Watt Uni allow ex-Currie Star youths.

All including Edinburgh Uni allow alumni - and staff (IIRC) - within varying limits.

Unless it's altered in recent years you'll also find students with 'regular' clubs nevertheless turning-out for their institutions in BUCS/SSS competitions (where they're technically 'select XIs').

So, adding it what has been said above, there are 8 or 9 institutions that have teams in BUCS and a senior or amateur league, as far as I am aware.

Edinburgh

1-Lowland

2-Amateur

3-U20 Lowland

4-Amateur

Stirling

1-Lowland

2-East of Scotland

3-amateur

Separate U-20 team

Heriot-Watt

1-East of Scotland

2-Amateur

Separate U-20 team

Glasgow

1-West of Scotland

2-Amateur

3-Amateur

Separate U-20 team

Strathclyde

1-Amateur

2-Amateur

3-Amateur (not this season)

Aberdeen

1-North Region

2-Amateur

3-Amateur

Dundee

1-Amateur (sometimes in Midlands cup competitions)

Saint Andrews

1-Amateur (not this season)

2-Amateur

Edinburgh College

East of Scotland

Separate U-20 team

Separate team in BUCS competition

Edited by mcruic

• 6 months later...
On 11/01/2023 at 14:13, mcruic said:

As for teams from different universities (Stirling, Edinburgh, Heriot-Watt, Glasgow, Aberdeen), each of them usually has their own BUCS teams at different league levels.
Usually BUCS (British Universities & Colleges Sport) is the organization that manages inter-university competitions in the UK. If a team plays in BUCS Scottish Division 5, this usually means that it is a varsity or college team competing in BUCS. I wrote about this simply and used the plagiarism checker for the project, I found https://edubirdie.com/plagiarism-checker for this. For an accurate answer to your question, it is recommended to refer to the official sources or websites of universities / colleges and BUCS for up-to-date information about the teams and their status. This should help you.

Edited by Donald P. Shew