Amber Livi v. Tangerine United

5 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Livi as a club have the responsibility to maintain the pitch and ensure games are playable on it.

Now don't get me wrong the refs deserve massive flak here too but there's no way the club are getting away from the criticisms either.

Don't think we've got a weather machine tbf. Dunno if we chucked shit loads of salt on the pitch, supposedly did so the last time but it still got called off.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Hope this shower of plastic pitch shite get relegated, and don’t come back.

You're a fucking St Mirren fan. You'll be getting relegated the same time as us, deluded moron.

45 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Are you expecting the officials not to close ranks? The referee for this game had only 4 premiership games under his belt but he was accompanied by three other experienced officials.

An absolutely horrendous situation

You have Refereeing Supervisors sitting in the stands at every game - scrutinising the Officials’ performance and no doubt criticising every small misdemeanour. Then you get what can only be described as a monumental “error of judgement” in terms of the pitch inspection and nobody is accountable. It is truly pathetic and it happens year after year.

Scott Lambie, the fourth official, has made a monumental error of judgement, imo. I'm a wee bit miffed at Livingston, but the SFA have to take the vast majority of flak for this.

Fans, not just United supporters, have outlayed money at a difficult financial time of year, in a time of serious inflation. People have wasted money on travel, buses have to be paid for, some will have had to take time off work, yet the SFA who are the central cause of this simply don't give a fuck.

20 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Scott Lambie, the fourth official, has made a monumental error of judgement, imo. I'm a wee bit miffed at Livingston, but the SFA have to take the vast majority of flak for this.

Fans, not just United supporters, have outlayed money at a difficult financial time of year, in a time of serious inflation. People have wasted money on travel, buses have to be paid for, some will have had to take time off work, yet the SFA who are the central cause of this simply don't give a fuck.

I'm 99% for this. Except the bit about Livi.

What else could we have done? The pitch was cleared by the team to train on and subsequently to have the game on.

Davie and the coaches have been in all day trying to thaw out certain areas of the park that cause us issues in winter (it's always the same corner). 

Obviously the 4th official has officially cocked the initial decision up, but Davie and everyone associated with Livingston wanted this game on. So I genuinely don't understand what blame Livi could receive for this happening?

And the whole plastic argument here also falls on that even if our pitch was grass, that same area would still be frozen and the game would still be called off for it. Albeit likely postponed at 3pm and not 6pm by the complete walloper of a ref.

20 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Can't disagree with anything you've said there.

The dedication of fans to follow a team, particularly one that has hardly been setting the heather alight recently, on a four hour (probably) round trip on a baltic Wednesday night in January should be applauded. Instead they're the ones out of pocket and nothing to show for it.

2 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

I'm 99% for this. Except the bit about Livi.

What else could we have done? The pitch was cleared by the team to train on and subsequently to have the game on.

Davie and the coaches have been in all day trying to thaw out certain areas of the park that cause us issues in winter (it's always the same corner). 

Obviously the 4th official has officially cocked the initial decision up, but Davie and everyone associated with Livingston wanted this game on. So I genuinely don't understand what blame Livi could receive for this happening?

And the whole plastic argument here also falls on that even if our pitch was grass, that same area would still be frozen and the game would still be called off for it. Albeit likely postponed at 3pm and not 6pm by the complete walloper of a ref.

I'd be interested to know what happened to our covers (that I think we got off St Mirren a few seasons back). I'm concerned that we haven't been using them because it restricted our use of the stadium for training mid-week.

Probably wouldn't have been helped in this case but even so.

1 minute ago, LogieLivi said:

If you have a grass pitch, to play in the Premier League, do you not need to have undersoil heating? And therefore that corner would have thawed out.

28 minutes ago, Steven W said:

If you have a grass pitch, to play in the Premier League, do you not need to have undersoil heating? And therefore that corner would have thawed out.

I tried to look this up earlier however the criteria did not mention USH.

38 minutes ago, Durnford said:

I'd be interested to know what happened to our covers (that I think we got off St Mirren a few seasons back). I'm concerned that we haven't been using them because it restricted our use of the stadium for training mid-week.

Probably wouldn't have been helped in this case but even so.

Think the covers are only helpful for rain, when it snows the weight of the snow makes it difficult to clear off the covers. They get machinery to clear snow from the pitch though.

1 hour ago, eindhovendee said:

austin dillon no GIF by NASCAR

This is the kind of patter that thread was aiming to avoid

48 minutes ago, Steven W said:

We had USH before with the grass pitch and still had issues with that corner

17 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

This is the kind of patter that thread was aiming to avoid

We had USH before with the grass pitch and still had issues with that corner

Not to mention the flooding and waterlogged pitch. 

Who'd have thought such a thing could have happened on the River Almond water plain?

The myth that an astroturf is an "all weather surface" doesn't help things in terms of fan perception. There is no such thing. 

I'm by no means an expert, nor do I know what weather Livingston had but if there was wet stuff on the pitch. The wet stuff will freeze if it's cold enough on the pitch. 

Still not ideal for travelling fans etc though!