Amber Livi v. Tangerine United

3 hours ago, ol1vercloff said:

"Supposed to be an all weather pitch...rip it up...tin pot club...shouldn't be in the Premier League...got no fans...Franchise FC".

I don’t understand why people continue to refer to a 3G or 4G pitch as “an all weather pitch”.  Common sense tells you there is no such thing due to the fact weather is so variable.  

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

I don’t understand why people continue to refer to a 3G or 4G pitch as “an all weather pitch”.  Common sense tells you there is no such thing due to the fact weather is so variable.  

It's because football fans, and I include myself in this, are generally dribbling morons

Bloody rookie referee - only been officiating officially for six months (his first game was funnily enough at Tannadice I believe).

Anyone older than about 20 can probably remember when the simply cleared the snow off the lines and carried on. bloody namby pamby, cotton wool mentality!

Every Livi fan will tell you that it is the same every winter. The goalmouth at the south stand never gets the sun because it doesn’t rise high enough over the stand. Pitch heaters at that end would work, but come at an astronomical cost. 

The idea that the goalmouth was playable at 3pm and not 6pm seems fanciful, but not outwith the realms of possibility. I don’t the think the temperature has dropped that drastically in that amount of time. But hey ho. Feel heart sorry for the United fans who had arrived or were very near to it. 

One thing though. See this “emb@rass1ng” patter? Get in the fucking sea. The club should perhaps feel perplexed, apologetic, raging, disappointed - but embarrassed? Aye, right ye are. 

Utterly amateur pathetic officiating and somebody needs to be accountable. Invariably it is the fault of “mister nobody”.

To call a pitch inspection mid afternoon highlights the fact that there is a problem with the surface. No evidence that temperatures falling dramatically so why not take the sensible course of action at 3.00 pm.

For fans to travel in these freezing conditions for a late postponement midweek is horrendous. No sympathy for the officials responsible at 3.00 pm and there has to be consequences for this incompetence.