East Fife v Stirling Albion

Well here we find ourselves again, expecting absolutely f**k all from this game anything at all coming from it will be a bonus!!!

5648CC22-5A65-44F7-BDA7-A42A9E73C8F2.thumb.jpeg.550bdea6a39c9f63f5fdc1c92d611530.jpeg

I see McDonald has listened to the fans and finally reinstated Pat Slattery to the starting 11, but with Newton also playing I’m not sure if he will be in midfield or at LB!!!

Remarkably Trouten starts again while Agnew is on the bench, I despair at times I really do!!!

Edited by King Kebab

As in any game both teams will surely have chances. It's all often down to who takes those chances and who refrains from stupid red cards and giving away needless penalties.  Few things are ever certainties in football, that's the fun of it...... or not.

Hopefully McDonald does the decent thing if we get beat. A loanee from a lowland league B team who have in the main been pumped most weeks. Outstanding!👏

Now I'm waiting on the custard pie as we beat one of the better teams in this dire league!

Much better from East Fife. The goal we conceded came from a deflected freekick so unlucky not to take 3 points in the end. Thought Liam Newton was outstanding and played with confidence. Pat was always an option and kept things ticking over. Our goal was another trademark screamer from Healy. New boy Aiden Denholm gave us more directness with his dribbling and the team looked alot more balanced with a winger on each side. That said, something needs done about Steele playing RB. 

Big 3 points needed at Coatbridge next week to keep us away from the bottom sides. Hopefully Reilly has moved on by then.

2 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

Not been our lucky week so far has it?

Maybe not but today certainly was your lucky day. All Stirling fans, players and staff get to a lottery outlet now and get a line on after coming away with a point today.

14 minutes ago, WhoAmI said:

Maybe not but today certainly was your lucky day. All Stirling fans, players and staff get to a lottery outlet now and get a line on after coming away with a point today.

Yep, always lucky to survive a man down.

35 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

Yep, always lucky to survive a man down.

Should it have been TWO men down???

It looked very like your No.5 McGregor appeared to get booked twice in the last three minutes!!!

Certainly our bench seemed to be going daft shouting at the ref and linesman about it!!!

Edited by King Kebab

The game was fairly even before the red card. From then on, East Fife look the more likely to win and with a bit more luck, they would have.

Of course we missed Fotheringham but this was compounded by the absence of Dale Carrick. We lacked creativity with a lot of long balls.

Easily the worst referee so far this season. 

Thought we were well off the pace again today.  We haven't really been firing since the run of postponed games dented the momentum.  We really missed Dale Carrick although Spence put in a decent shift and it was good to see him get a goal after the first half miss albeit from a deflected free kick 

Was quite impressed with East Fife especially the number 11 who was lively throughout and scored a cracking goal.  They did a good job in controlling central midfield too and as a result we too often resorted to lumping the ball instead.  We are much better than that usually  We really miss Banner in that holding midfielder role.  

Thought the referee was simply dreadful.  Been a long time since we saw anyone that fussy and incompetent.  Another Mike McCurry in the making and I'll dread his future appearances.  People around me were sure he got the red card decision wrong - mistaken identity - and judging by the litany of other errors that characterised his performance I wouldn't be surprised.  

Having said that Clark is his own worst enemy at times. He's got the maki g of a good player but hot headedness and poor judgement at key moments are hiding him back.  I can see why DY brought in young Duffy.

So given all that I'm happy with a point.  

East Fife play some nice stuff at times but look pretty toothless in attack.  I dont know if that's an ongoing problem but I got the impression they'd be a good side if they had a decent striker. Difficult to comment on their defence as we didn't really pressurise them much especially after the red card. 

2 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Should it have been TWO men down???

No idea, but now some doubt the ref gave the right man the yellow card when Clark was sent off.  Always possible it was for something Clark said though, so have to wait and see on both.

We're quick to criticise, so credit where it's due.

Night and day from the last 2 games. Great to see Pat Slat back. Ferguson had a good game, Fleming's save near the end was only upstaged by Healy's goal. Liked the look of the new lad, could do with more of an end product, but it's early days (I thought Ryan Blair looked good after his first game)!

Stirling didn't look anything great, but were missing Carrick. We spent, from the red card onwards in the opposition half & still only managed only 2 shots on target.

Looking forward to Coatbridge next week (not a well-used phrase!).

Spoiler

Edited by Life on Marrs?

1 hour ago, Leven Fifer said:

Watched the highlights, it clearly looks like no3 pushes the player, hence the second yellow card

Indeed. Got away with a push in the box in the first half as well. Could have been off for that on it's own.  Very fortunate to get away with a point from that in my view.