Celtic V Aberdeen

31 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I was in 116, in perfect position to watch your fans go from laughing at some wee guy getting fucked out by the stewards to fighting amongst yourselves after Hatates 2nd 🤣 Wtf was that about as I’m assuming from your comment you were there? 

I don't know what it was about, but I missed the third goal because I was watching that instead. Undoubtedly the most entertaining part of the game from my perspective. 

Good from Celtic today especially first half and two smashing goals in the second.  Very strong in midfield with the McGregor-Hatate-O'Riley combination.

Yes we do have the biggest budget but more importantly it has been spent well.

Aberdeen desperately need to get the manager right this time to get the club going in the right direction.  For too long the best thing about them has been the away support but overall should be much better.

8 hours ago, Eder said:

Good from Celtic today especially first half and two smashing goals in the second.  Very strong in midfield with the McGregor-Hatate-O'Riley combination.

Yes we do have the biggest budget but more importantly it has been spent well.

Aberdeen desperately need to get the manager right this time to get the club going in the right direction.  For too long the best thing about them has been the away support but overall should be much better.

Yeah I mean I do find it amusing Aberdeen fans of late moaning more and more about this (and everything else they can mope about at present). Livingston have a budget about 1/5th the size of them yet will look likely to finish above them again this season. Yes it is annoying for them that they can't realistically catch us but if I were an Aberdeen fan I would be concerned that despite the supposed financial dominance they have over alot of other teams they can't even finish above them in the table. Not to mention getting absolutely smashed by their relative financial rivals of late.

Edited by gannonball

9 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Notable that the Celtic fans on the thread haven’t said a single thing about the actual match. 

You could copy and paste this onto 99% of Celtic match threads tbh, they don't do very well to convince that most games are even slightly interesting.

31 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Yeah I mean I do find it amusing Aberdeen fans of late moaning more and more about this (and everything else they can mope about at present). Livingston have a budget about 1/5th the size of them yet will look likely to finish above them again this season. Yes it is annoying for them that they can't realistically catch us but if I were an Aberdeen fan I would be concerned that despite the supposed financial dominance they have over alot of other teams they can't even finish above them in the table. Not to mention getting absolutely smashed by their relative financial rivals of late.

Yeah, we've not been concerned about the poor management at all. Great spot.

8 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Yeah, we've not been concerned about the poor management at all. Great spot.

Aberdeen's fans majority of  interest in this thread has pretty much been about the oppositions financial dominance. This is often the case when we play teams but this thread is rather obsessive It's also easier to blame others when you have made more of a c**t of it yourselves. 

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Lashing out again I see, time to call it a day with this thread me thinks.

Bye gannonball, well done for holding it together and not wishing someone dead. Very restrained. 

In the next Celtic match thread could you let me know how good Aberdeen have to be to have an opinion on the structure of Scottish football? Maybe just a points total or something. 

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Bye gannonball, well done for holding it together and not wishing someone dead. Very restrained

In the next Celtic match thread could you let me know how good Aberdeen have to be to have an opinion on the structure of Scottish football? Maybe just a points total or something. 

I didn't actually say that, I know the person in question has been going about saying that to anyone that actually gives a f**k and dotting incessantly but read what I actually said. And yes anyone can have an opinion on here regardless of how well their team is or isn't doing, not sure where this other thing has been dreamt up from.

46 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I didn't actually say that, I know the person in question has been going about saying that to anyone that actually gives a f**k and dotting incessantly but read what I actually said. And yes anyone can have an opinion on here regardless of how well their team is or isn't doing, not sure where this other thing has been dreamt up from.

I remember what you said. I’ve exaggerated a little but it’s not that far off. Either way your bigger man act with the lashing out was quite amusing. 

And if that latter point is the case then maybe you can give it a rest with the infantile responses just pointing out Aberdeen are shite when it’s raised. 

I do get that it’s much easier for you to write me off as a moaning Diddy fan and your football team are winning games so happy days. 

On 04/02/2023 at 18:12, wastecoatwilly said:

There was about 15,000 outside to welcome Brendan(box office) Rodgers maybe they let them in, the average was 45K to 55K so I'LL give you 10K.
The crowd wanking debate has an infinity number of reason why the crowd dropped in those years i'm pretty sure sevco wasn't at the top of that list.

14 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Celtic regressed pretty much every season in that period, attendances down, upper deck often closed, downsizing the playing budget. 

And then, out of nowhere, crowds returned, investment returned, Brendan Rodger’s arrived. All a big, massive coincidence. 

14 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Interestingly Aberdeen were only 9 points behind us in BR’s 2nd season despite that increased investment so again I assume that wasn’t a meaningless season to you?

But your point was the games without Rangers are without meaning, the crowds were not far from what we were getting when we won the league in 98 so whilst a drop it doesn’t really stand up. 44/45k people aren’t turning up to games with no meaning, they are spending that money elsewhere

The tedious nature of posting the same shite in each match thread.
So Jinky67 in 98 we still had the Celtic end to complete with that goal from Brattbakk M8.

25 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I remember what you said. I’ve exaggerated a little but it’s not that far off. Either way your bigger man act with the lashing out was quite amusing. 

And if that latter point is the case then maybe you can give it a rest with the infantile responses just pointing out Aberdeen are shite when it’s raised. 

I do get that it’s much easier for you to write me off as a moaning Diddy fan and your football team are winning games so happy days. 

This thread is full of infantile, sarcastic posts from you. Maybe you too could give that a rest?

Just now you post about Celtic more than anyone else outwith me.

We get the fact you don’t like how Scottish football is structured, it doesn’t have to be aired on every single match thread as your typical fan isn’t going to stop watching the team they have supported for decades just cause you have the hump nor can they do anything to enforce the sort of change needed to make you happy.

So pick your toys up mate you have become rather tedious.

2 hours ago, Empty It said:

You could copy and paste this onto 99% of Celtic match threads tbh, they don't do very well to convince that most games are even slightly interesting.

They only people who need to be convinced are those who pay their hard earned cash to go watch it, your not one of those people so your opinion is a complete irrelevance.

Imagine going to football to watch goals, attractive and attacking football eh? 🤣

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

They only people who need to be convinced are those who pay their hard earned cash to go watch it, your not one of those people so your opinion is a complete irrelevance.

Imagine going to football to watch goals, attractive and attacking football eh? 🤣

It has to be said , their overblown budget , and it's expenditure , has resulted in the goals , etc

11 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

This thread is full of infantile, sarcastic posts from you. Maybe you too could give that a rest?

Just now you post about Celtic more than anyone else outwith me.

We get the fact you don’t like how Scottish football is structured, it doesn’t have to be aired on every single match thread as your typical fan isn’t going to stop watching the team they have supported for decades just cause you have the hump nor can they do anything to enforce the sort of change needed to make you happy.

So pick your toys up mate you have become rather tedious.

Nah you’re alright. 

I’ll continue to tell you pre match what the outcome of a Celtic game will be, you’ll protest and tell me how tough a fixture it is and how ange’s darlings will have to be at their best, and then what I told you would happen will happen and I’ll point that out. 

See you in the next one. 

6 minutes ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

It has to be said , their overblown budget , and it's expenditure , has resulted in the goals , etc

Without stating the obvious you are stating the obvious but not exactly a newly found formula that teams with the biggest budgets tend to score the most goals or play the better football in any league is it? 

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Nah you’re alright. 

I’ll continue to tell you pre match what the outcome of a Celtic game will be, you’ll protest and tell me how tough a fixture it is and how ange’s darlings will have to be at their best, and then what I told you would happen will happen and I’ll point that out. 

See you in the next one. 

homer simpson laughing GIF

1 minute ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

This is football all over Europe now but only if you manage it well. 

Having the biggest budget doesn't matter if poorly run.

Hearts have consolidated third place due to having a good manager and buying some good players so to a lesser extent they are doing what Celtic are doing by making their budget count.  Aberdeen on the other hand are not.

Celtic's brand of football has been good since Rodgers time because they have improved their standards however it has to be said the quality in the bottom half of the league has been poor for years.