Livi v The Rangers

4 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Wait. Are there folk genuinely saying that having a handful of someone's jersey as they're challenging for a ball not a foul? 

It is absolutely a foul. 

I think the issue people are having with it is there's no way that penalty is awarded at the other end. 

It’s impressive that people have experienced VAR for months now, witnessing decisions made on a weekly basis in numerous games yet still claim a foul being correctly awarded in this instance is only done so because of the team involved.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

It’s impressive that people have experienced VAR for months now, witnessing decisions made on a weekly basis in numerous games yet still claim a foul being correctly awarded in this instance is only done so because of the team involved.

Not really. When it's the correct VAR decision in Rangers favour, they get it. When it's the wrong VAR decision in Rangers favour, they still get it. Ranger's literally couldn't give away a penalty if they tried.

1 minute ago, StellarHibee said:

Not really. When it's the correct VAR decision in Rangers favour, they get it. When it's the wrong VAR decision in Rangers favour, they still get it. Ranger's literally couldn't give away a penalty if they tried.

*Rangers literally conceded a penalty in their last game. 

1 minute ago, StellarHibee said:

I think you’re missing my point, which is there have countless decisions made by VAR involving teams other than Rangers that people have disagreed with. Nobody says they decisions are made because of the team involved.

Also, we had a laughable penalty awarded against us literally 7 days ago. Your final statement is wrong.

3 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

It's a penalty anyway you look at it. What is the defender thinking?!

Also, from the video I've seen, Omeonga is sent off for his reaction. The referee awards the free kick (correctly) and then Omeinga throws his arms about petulant and is carded for it. He then continues to do so whilst walking off the pitch. Only himself to blame.

He's booked for the foul, the ref seems to make an arse of finding his cards in his pockets. At the time I thought it was bold for Martindale to keep him on, as he'd already been booked and had a warning. 

I'd agree with the post a few above from @FreedomFarter, we took a while to realise we had time on the ball. Without Stephen Kelly or Holt in the middle, we tend to lack composure. George, Devlin and Fitzwater all played well, Obileye coped with the aerial threat but his lack of a left foot really slows the play down. 

As for the penalty, a fairly stupid thing to do however there's a fair few clips of Barasic clinging onto Nouble at set pieces, which is the most frustrating aspect with VAR at the moment. 

7 hours ago, AJF said:

I said relatively good. If you take into account that Livi is a notoriously difficult place to go to, we struggled there on the opening day and Martindale seems to have sussed us a bit (as evidenced by your performance at Ibrox earlier in the season) then I’d say it’s a good performance, aye.

I also think I you’re trying too hard to paint the penalty decision as a massive issue.

I'd say it was a good result, but not performance.

The pen is a massive issue, you either give pens for that in every game or just stick to ignoring it, as both teams do it in every set piece, grabbing one another and pushing about, blocking etc. The inconsistency is what pisses everyone off. Nouble gets fouled like that every game and gets a fraction of the decisions given to him. He had to be hauled off his feet backwards before we got a pen against Hearts for shirt pulling. Players regularly give a wee tug just to put a player off before he's shooting, and never get fouls/pens against them. Pundits always say it wasn't enough for a foul to be given.

18 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I'd say it was a good result, but not performance.

The pen is a massive issue, you either give pens for that in every game or just stick to ignoring it, as both teams do it in every set piece, grabbing one another and pushing about, blocking etc. The inconsistency is what pisses everyone off. Nouble gets fouled like that every game and gets a fraction of the decisions given to him. He had to be hauled off his feet backwards before we got a pen against Hearts for shirt pulling. Players regularly give a wee tug just to put a player off before he's shooting, and never get fouls/pens against them. Pundits always say it wasn't enough for a foul to be given.

We weren’t at our best, no, but 9 times out of 10 Livi make things difficult for us and I feel we were pretty comfortable. We limited you to a couple of decent chances which could’ve ended with a goal on another day, but on balance I felt we were quite in control.

I’d say the difference in the foul yesterday and others you often see is that it was a pretty obvious shirt pull while Morelos was contesting an aerial ball. The usual grappling you see at corners is a bit more subtle and in a crowded box. Yesterday’s was blatant.

It’s something teams get away with fairly regularly but you often hear fans complaining they should’ve got a foul when it isn’t given.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

We weren’t at our best, no, but 9 times out of 10 Livi make things difficult for us and I feel we were pretty comfortable. We limited you to a couple of decent chances which could’ve ended with a goal on another day, but on balance I felt we were quite in control.

I’d say the difference in the foul yesterday and others you often see is that it was a pretty obvious shirt pull while Morelos was contesting an aerial ball. The usual grappling you see at corners is a bit more subtle and in a crowded box. Yesterday’s was blatant.

It’s something teams get away with fairly regularly but you often hear fans complaining they should’ve got a foul when it isn’t given.

Relying on the ref to get the first goal is always important in tight games, pity the Tav (as Martindale likes to call him)Goal wasn't the first, what is that 4 teams down to 10 men in the last 8 games?

43 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Relying on the ref to get the first goal is always important in tight games, pity the Tav (as Martindale likes to call him)Goal wasn't the first, what is that 4 teams down to 10 men in the last 8 games?

Relying on the ref to correctly award a foul? Well, he never seen it initially so he failed in that regard.

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You said it was blatant M8, a bit of a contradiction.

It was blatant. The ref missed it. Clear and obvious error. VAR correctly intervene. 

Penalty correctly awarded. 

The only reason folk are whining is because it was Rangers that benefited. The bias on display in this thread is hilarious. Folk twisting themselves in ever more stupid circles to excuse it too. 

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

So you believe the ref didn't see it yet it was blatant makes sense,making him look incompetent.

Well, he clearly didn’t see it, as evidenced by his decision to award the penalty after VAR showed it to him. I’m not sure where you are going with this Willy. 

Edited by AJF

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

Well, he clearly didn’t see it, as evidenced by his decision to award the penalty after VAR showed it to him. I’m not sure where you are going with this Willy. 

It would be interesting to know what he was looking at to miss it M8, I tend to think the ref follows the play,I think he did see it but didn't think it was a foul on first view seeing it again makes him change his mind.

4 hours ago, AJF said:

Going through the motions as Ayo was winning that header all day long, silly of Penrice right enough as Ayo had it all the way, but as i said, you wouldn't usually see those given, and didn't in the Utd game.

image.png.1ccf39f64f6468b7e3d4934cf8c1aa6f.png

Lack of consistency pisses everyone off with these decisions

Edited by LIVIFOREVER