Stranraer VS Dumbarton

• lorenzo71 changed the title to Stranraer VS Dumbarton
1 hour ago, Clayhole Blue said:

Aye, thought that was it - can see why he doesn’t usually start threads!

Corrected now.

LOL I actually did a good job given when i typed that  my eyes were still bleeding from watching us VS Elgin.

Still, love to see a stranraer fan have a mini stroke over a genuine typo.Life must be tough at the bottom..

Edited by lorenzo71

1 minute ago, lorenzo71 said:

Corrected now.

LOL I actually did a good job given when i typed that  my eyes were still bleeding from watching us VS Elgin.

Still, love to see a stranraer fan have a mini stroke over a genuine typo.Life must be tough at the bottom..

Thought it was a rer treat myself.

Just now, lorenzo71 said:

Hate to think of the spanking you will give us a week on Tuesday.We really are shte lol.

You need to get that result at Stirling out of your minds.  4 of the goals came from the defence leaving free headers for 2 goals from corners and weak attempts at clearances from two more.  It's not like that's a recurring failure week in week out.  I was gobsmacked when Farrell failed to even mention that in his post match interview. To be fair to the guy he looked totally shell shocked and probably wasn't thinking straight at the time.

It does seem playing 5 in the middle is the only set up that works for Farrell.  Playing one striker up front in league 2 does seem timid and more like a mindset of trying not to lose, rather than setting out to win. I can understand Dumbarton fans not being happy with it, but if the alternative results in getting overrun in the middle of the park as with Elgin, he's kind of stuck himself with it.  It does beg some serious questions of his midfield recruitment though.

You've faltered, we've faltered, it's all about where we go from here and the truth is none of us know mate. Very much still game on and boy is it on for 3rd and 4th. Stranraer not out of that contest either, so Farrell had better get his act together.

27 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Quick google on how the hell you get from London to Stranraer might be needed now.

Curiosity got the better of me so I looked up what the train journey would be. You could leave London before 6am and you'd get into Stranraer just after the game's finished. 

38 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

Curiosity got the better of me so I looked up what the train journey would be. You could leave London before 6am and you'd get into Stranraer just after the game's finished. 

It is virtually impossible to get there in the same day, as far as I can see. You'd have to get a £106 flight to Glasgow and then make a mad dash for the train to Ayr and catch the 11.34am to Stranraer.

Edited by FifeSons

8 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

It is virtually impossible to get there in the same day as far as I can see. You'd have to get a £106 flight to Glasgow and then make a mad dash for the train to Ayr and catch the 11.34am to Stranraer.

Skyscanner provided this suggestion if it helps?Screenshot_20230228-222550.thumb.jpg.b2758a4e9b0b901696b1c3cecc21abca.jpg

14 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

Skyscanner provided this suggestion if it helps?Screenshot_20230228-222550.thumb.jpg.b2758a4e9b0b901696b1c3cecc21abca.jpg

4 minutes ago, microdave said:

You could fly to Belfast and get the ferry.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Or you could screw your fucking head back on, get the tins in and sit with your feet up. 

All equally reasonable suggestions!

3 minutes ago, microdave said:

Actually, bin my idea and go for the Moonster's suggestion.

It’s a shame they don’t offer the subscription for overseas viewers, because I’m sure they actually had a proper camera when we played them in the playoffs under Duffy, not Pixellot.

Edited by FifeSons