Queen's Park ⚫​​​​​​​⚪ v The Ton 🔵⚪ 4-3-23

I think we needed to win this match and our next three to challenge for the title, so I’m very disappointed with a draw. I realise that coming back from 2 down away to the league leaders to get a point is to be admired, but I’m not sure we set up correctly from the start. Grimshaw has absolutely ruled the midfield in our last couple of matches but had to move to right back to accommodate Ali Crawford. That’s Dougie’s call and I trust him to get it right, and I can see he wanted to stop QP’s strengths down both wings. I just think we sacrificed some of our high intensity (misinterpreted as bullying by some) to accommodate a different set of personnel. As a result I think we’re now going for a top four finish rather than the title itself!

23 hours ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

Anyone complaining about the size of the home crowd is more than welcome to buy their black & white hoops shirt and get behind the team that invented the game of football as we know it in Scotland. That's what I did 8 years ago when I moved here and when QP were still an amateur club and I haven't regretted it for even a second. I understand if you don't, but at least have the decency to respect the loyal fans who haven't been to a single proper "home" game in the last two years and have been forced to follow their team literally all over the country. 

Reading that brings back memories of nearly seven years watching my team while homeless and the nonsense that went with it; a home game at Cliftonhill being postponed because of a faulty kettle a particular "highlight".

The on going shambles of Lesser Hampden makes the then Accies Board look competent which takes some doing 

6 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

The on going shambles of Lesser Hampden makes the then Accies Board look competent which takes some doing 

Having been in construction management and design for 40 years and listened to criticism of the local Glasgow council's direct labour arm, City Building, I fear the management team would have been better advised on using them for the project. I think you will find with their alleged less than 100% efficiency levels the project might have been behind programme but would definitely have been ready for the end of last season.

I am sure QP fans more than understand that, but they thank you for your concern.

43 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

Having been in construction management and design for 40 years and listened to criticism of the local Glasgow council's direct labour arm, City Building, I fear the management team would have been better advised on using them for the project. I think you will find with their alleged less than 100% efficiency levels the project might have been behind programme but would definitely have been ready for the end of last season.

I am sure QP fans more than understand that, but they thank you for your concern.

Yes. There is clearly some other factor at play here. Even taking into account changed plans, switching contractors, supply chain issues, Covid etc., there is no way the programme of works we are seeing should have progressed so slowly. Worse than the delay though is the concept of the Royal Box in the face of a 'new stadium' with a capacity of less than 1,000 at this level.

4 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

The other “City” are providing the PM/QS service on the current phase. Nuff said.

Queen's Park used to be one of the most admirable clubs in Scotland, stoically sticking to their history and tradition. That must have been one of the reasons their fans fell in love with them in the first place, so I find it surprising that so many of you are onboard with selling your club's soul away for a flash of professional football's knickers. Then there's the next question of, why are you on board with this from a financial standpoint? The biggest budget in the Championship on gate of 400 home fans? How much of that 5million has been burned already. Morton have more than quadruple that gate on average, and almost never turnover a profit on a wage budget far smaller than yours is this season. So where are you going to magic up 2000+ fans to make this lifestyle sustainable? Hard to see this nonsense heding anywhere but 5 million spaffed up the wall and Queen's Park back in League 2 by the end of the decade. Grim state of affairs.

17 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

I think we needed to win this match and our next three to challenge for the title, so I’m very disappointed with a draw.

I think your nerves/pessimism are getting the better of you... Saturday was a must-not-lose before kick-off... and at half-time we were out of the title race altogether, so a point is a fantastic outcome in the circumstances.

As for the next three, we really don't 'need' to win them all to stay in it; two wins in the home games would be fantastic, but I'll happily take 4 points. After that, a win up at Arbroath would signal that things have really changed and I'd start to believe it was on... but I still wouldn't turn my nose up at a point. All depends on what the other teams do, of course, but even 5 points might turn out to be enough to keep us going and 6 or 7 would be tremendous.

If there's going to be a moment when we have to beat QP (as opposed to avoid defeat), it'll be at Cappielow on the 29th of April. If we're still in it at that point...

2 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

Queen's Park used to be one of the most admirable clubs in Scotland, stoically sticking to their history and tradition. That must have been one of the reasons their fans fell in love with them in the first place, so I find it surprising that so many of you are onboard with selling your club's soul away for a flash of professional football's knickers. Then there's the next question of, why are you on board with this from a financial standpoint? The biggest budget in the Championship on gate of 400 home fans? How much of that 5million has been burned already. Morton have more than quadruple that gate on average, and almost never turnover a profit on a wage budget far smaller than yours is this season. So where are you going to magic up 2000+ fans to make this lifestyle sustainable? Hard to see this nonsense heding anywhere but 5 million spaffed up the wall and Queen's Park back in League 2 by the end of the decade. Grim state of affairs.

Possibly 

3 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

I think your nerves/pessimism are getting the better of you... Saturday was a must-not-lose before kick-off... and at half-time we were out of the title race altogether, so a point is a fantastic outcome in the circumstances.

As for the next three, we really don't 'need' to win them all to stay in it; two wins in the home games would be fantastic, but I'll happily take 4 points. After that, a win up at Arbroath would signal that things have really changed and I'd start to believe it was on... but I still wouldn't turn my nose up at a point. All depends on what the other teams do, of course, but even 5 points might turn out to be enough to keep us going and 6 or 7 would be tremendous.

If there's going to be a moment when we have to beat QP (as opposed to avoid defeat), it'll be at Cappielow on the 29th of April. If we're still in it at that point...

I was definitely nervous before this match as I felt we needed 3 points to really boost our title challenge. Of course Dougie did a great job of rearranging our set-up to come back and get a draw. A defeat would’ve put QP even more out of our reach so of course it’s a good point in the circumstances. I feel confident we’ll be in the play-offs and I’m still optimistic we can be in the mix for the title. 

4 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

Let us pray 🙏