Livi v Hibs

Can't make it to most away games and avoid games against the bigots so feels like ages since I've been at an away game. This one's the first of 3 home games in a row though so a good chance to get back to some form and hopefully get a top 6 spot wrapped up. 

Looking forward to firing into one of these as well

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

Can't make it to most away games and avoid games against the bigots so feels like ages since I've been at an away game. This one's the first of 3 home games in a row though so a good chance to get back to some form and hopefully get a top 6 spot wrapped up. 

Looking forward to firing into one of these as well

Maybe need to start putting health warnings on them. :chef

Performances have been ok recently, ICT match excepted, despite the defeats. I'd be content with a draw from this match just to get a point on the board again and because Hibs are in good form. A defeat would be a setback to our Top Six chances but not terminal. A win is possible if we perform at our optimum. All our key players are available so hopefully Martindale gets the tactics right and the players get their psychology right.

Not particularly looking forward to this tbh.Weve hit a wee slump recently with three losses on the trot.And take into account Hibs recent mini resurgence doesn't exactly fill me with overwhelming confidence here.Can but hope the real Livi turn up and have a go.Were at home and as has been said on our own pitch,which I don't think will have a bearing on this.If only to stop the rot I'd take a point here,although on our day are capable of taking 3.Should be a good crowd through from Leith making for a decent atmosphere. And incidently if there's a mark of respect to Ron Gordon,Livi fans to a man observe it impeccably. RIP Ron.🙏.Let's get it on.🦁👍.

7 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Probably, but with Hibs having to play Sevco, Celtic and Hearts that's 3 games you'll likely get nil pts, so still plenty to play for yet.

Can’t see us picking up points in our next 2 next games after Saturday. So Saturday is a must win. 

17 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

Performances have been ok recently, ICT match excepted, despite the defeats. I'd be content with a draw from this match just to get a point on the board again and because Hibs are in good form. A defeat would be a setback to our Top Six chances but not terminal. A win is possible if we perform at our optimum. All our key players are available so hopefully Martindale gets the tactics right and the players get their psychology right.

Yeah a draw would be decent to stop the winless 3 games run, and give us a boost to try and get into the top 6. Reckon 44 pts would prob be enough, so  we need 9pts from 7 games.

Martindale has a habit of leaving a returning from suspension player out of the starting line up, but with us losing against Aberdeen and looking 2nd best in midfield he'll hopefully get Omeonga back into the starting XI, think we need his aggressiveness and ability to turn over possession to win a midfield battle, would have Holt in there too.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 minute ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Can’t see us picking up points in our next 2 next games after Saturday. So Saturday is a must win. 

Would say so yep, we've already played the top 3 so a draw would be a good result for us, as there's still plenty games pre split for us to try and secure a top 6 spot. 

I think our home game against Utd is one we will be targeting as a must win game for us, playing the bottom team. Though they're fighting for their league survival so it wont be any easier, esp with the new manager bounce they may get.

Don't know what to make of this:

Livingston F.C. v Hibernian F.C.
cinch Premiership
 04/03/2023  3:00pm  Tony Macaroni Arena
Referee:  Chris Graham
AR1  David Roome
AR2  Steven Traynor
Fourth Official  Alan Newlands
VAR  Grant Irvine
AVAR  John McCrossan

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

Hasn't been the ref for any of our games this season but seems to love a card, only game he's not shown any was Bo'ness v Celtic B in the Lowland League.

Tend to go with the thinking that if I don't recognise the name then there's a chance they're not completely useless.

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

Livingston F.C. v Hibernian F.C.
cinch Premiership
 04/03/2023  3:00pm  Tony Macaroni Arena
Referee:  Chris Graham
AR1  David Roome
AR2  Steven Traynor
Fourth Official  Alan Newlands
VAR  Grant Irvine
AVAR  John McCrossan

Don't recognise any of those names, besides Newlands. Who is thankfully the Fourth Official, who receives a pay day for doing the square root of bugger all.