Livi v Hibs

3 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I don't think Fitzwater did anything wrong...he's running and the Hibs players he'll clips his toe... genuinely don't know what else he's supposed to do there

In that situation, refs tend to view it as incumbent upon the chasing player to stay out of the way of the advanced player's stride. Maybe a bit of an unfair burden on the chasing player but that's current convention. Watching it back on Alba now, though, so I'll have another look.

Just saw the Hibs' equaliser there. Devlin with the error. He doesn't lack for pace so I'm surprised he attempted to play Youan offside rather than chase back.

Hibs doing what Hibs do against 10..  9 men

Actually didn’t think either keeper had much to do in first half and very open game. Terrible line from us and, either side of harsh red, a couple deflections had game out of sight. I did think Hibs were a bit more energetic in final third but felt were dangerous enough to score again ultimately with the red deciding the outcome.

Edited by crispy

50 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Was a good performance again today until the Fitzwater sending off. Hibs were always going to win, they're a better team with better players. My frustration is that we can't be relaxed over results like today because of the f**k ups in matches where we were the better team with the better players. Such as losing at home to a terrible County side (before their recent improvement) or being the only side that failed to beat Hammell's Motherwell. It's those stinkers against the clubs closer to our level that cost us, same as last season.

Fitzwater needs to stop his last man fouls, Aberdeen away last August then again today. George is always a decent bet to make the save and even if the opponent scores when clean through, I'd rather concede the goal than lose a player (plus suspended for next match). 

Chance for De Lucas to get into the team though, looks far more composed on the ball than Fitzwater, Obileye and Boyes.

Started well and looked comfortable till the poor defending for the equaliser. 2nd looked a sclaff that went in off the post. Everything turned to shit in the 2nd half with the red card and us continually getting caught on the break with us playing with 10 men and chasing the game. Then players dropping like flies being injured. Hope Shamal isn't suffering his old injury after going down for treatment at the end of the game.

Must win for us against Utd on Wed if we're going to turn things around and get a top 6 spot, another defeat and it wouldn't look good.

4 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Looks like the Livi support have bought in to the season long BBC Scotland wankfest about them being "magnificent" and that. 

They are not taking this defeat well. 

I had this feeling at the back of my mind that the Livi bois got a bit stroppy last time we played them, but then I thought ‘nah that was the fermers.’

Getting serious dejavu now though.

Just now, The Other Foot said:

I had this feeling at the back of my mind that the Livi bois got a bit stroppy last time we played them, but then I thought ‘nah that was the fermers.’

Getting serious dejavu now though.

Do you mean the other time Hibs fired 4 past this gang? 

6 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Chance for De Lucas to get into the team though, looks far more composed on the ball than Fitzwater, Obileye and Boyes.

I was thinking that, aye, Fitzwater suspended and Obileye out injured (you'd assume) clears the path for De Lucas. His first priority should be creating a more cohesive offside line in tandem with Devlin on that right side.

27 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Hope Shamal isn't suffering his old injury after going down for treatment at the end of the game.

Rumours are he got his thumb broken at the end...10th is the target now 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/david-martindale-admits-showing-david-29374490.amp

Sloth is trying to portray the one finger salute as a joke 🤣

“I gave him the finger…[and then] I laughed”

Laughed. He was fucking LIVID. 

He is a proper odd character.

Edited by The Other Foot

Neil McCann on Sportscene there noted Fitzwater was too passive for the second Hibs goal. Fitzwater's preference is to rely on positioning and covering more than tackling and there's plenty merit to that style. You don't drop off your opponent that close to your own goal, though. He applied no pressure at all first to Hoppe and then to Youan. Great player but a bad day for him.

Boyes had a solid match as did Montaño and Stephen Kelly, so the left side was good today (right side was defensively poor). Midfield trio were on their game, especially Omeonga. Bahamboula and Shinnie both showed their composure in possession when they came on. I like how they slow things down and can hold onto the ball. I feel we do better in home matches when its a slower tempo. We're vulnerable to counter attacks when the tempo gets upped, like today. I'd happily see Bahamboula start against Dundee Utd next match as Stephen Kelly will probably play centre mid.

2 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Looks like the Livi support have bought in to the season long BBC Scotland wankfest about them being "magnificent" and that. 

They are not taking this defeat well. 

And the hertz shite about 10 men.  We cruised the game after the first 15.  

Simply the better team.  Our midfield and CJ in particular, some turnaround.

Dunno why Livi fans are so upset.   In fact I do, look at your own teams deficiencies before everyone else's. 

GGTTH. 

7 minutes ago, crispy said:

I’ll tell you for free that it was 0-0 with 11 vs 11.

But then Hibs did what Hibs do against 10 or less. Fair play.

You genuine don't believe at 2-1 up the only reason we won was because Livi went down to 10?  

15 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

You genuine don't believe at 2-1 up the only reason we won was because Livi went down to 10?  

Even with 9 men we caused you some issues. With 10 men at 2-1 down we still looked capable of getting back into it

16 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Even with 9 men we caused you some issues. With 10 men at 2-1 down we still looked capable of getting back into it

Absolute rubbish.  There was always going to be one winner today.  

At ten men it was a stroll and 9 the game was long gone.   We went into 1st gear. 

I'll call Hibs if we are shit or undeserved but nothing could be further from the truth today.