Livi v Dundee Utd (Take Three)

6 hours ago, Troy.1995 said:

Just a heads up for United fans.Was absolutely baltic down here this morning and overnight tonight predicted to be minus 6 in Livingston.Part of the pitch will be brick hard come tomorrow I suspect.Guarenteed if they call for a pitch inspection this game will be in serious doubt.Remember what happened the last time with a load of Arabs already in Livingston only for it to be called of at the last minute. Thought I'd pre warn you guys just in case.🥶🤷‍♂️👍.

Looking at the weekend forecast I'd be amazed if this (or many games) go ahead.

1 minute ago, NathanDrake88 said:

What’s the point of it then?

It's far more durable. It's been said to death on here but the elevation and location of the stadium causes a lot of issues for the pitch. The southside of the pitch gets zero sunlight for about 6 months each year. We don't own the stadium or the pitch either, that's down to West Lothian Council as well. 

If it was a grass pitch, it would easily be 10x worse than what we have right now. 

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

It's far more durable. It's been said to death on here but the elevation and location of the stadium causes a lot of issues for the pitch. The southside of the pitch gets zero sunlight for about 6 months each year. We don't own the stadium or the pitch either, that's down to West Lothian Council as well. 

If it was a grass pitch, it would easily be 10x worse than what we have right now. 

A spot in central Scotland which gets zero sunlight for six months of the year. Quite a feat, tbf. Presumably couldn't get planning permission for the dark side of the moon.

7 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

A spot in central Scotland which gets zero sunlight for six months of the year. Quite a feat, tbf. Presumably couldn't get planning permission for the dark side of the moon.

Obviously been a lot of discussion over it the last 5 months or so but the main issue is the southside goalmouth, and the corner flag. No undersoil heating as well means it's a pain in the arse to thaw it out. No clue why it wasn't raised when the stadium was being built, it's not like it's that long ago compared to other stadiums. 

That said, it's also placed at the bottom of a valley next to a river. It's a terrible location for a stadium in practical ways, the saving grace is how central to the town it is. It's very easy to get to.

12 hours ago, The Wrong Car said:

Martindale confirming that Obileye is possibly out for a few months, with Omeonga and George both possibilities for Wednesday 

Aye looks like Shamal has a staved thumb, which is sore but at least it isn't broken.

Pic of him training today.

FqoOtmwWIAAiqn0?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Aye, I remember our grass pitch used to be ruled unplayable far more regularly than the artificial one has been.

Edited by FreedomFarter

4 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Aye, I remember our grass pitch used to be ruled unplayable far more regularly than the artificial one has been.

Was always flooded too, and looked like a tattie field the last couple of seasons before we got the artificial pitch done.

Covers down in the problem area so hopefully that protects it from the overnight frost.

image.thumb.png.68392b0406b3e21cb7fd7122bbd17232.png

3 hours ago, Hendo said:

I thought Livi's pitch was all weather 🤔 

If this is off Livi should just be relegated.

1 hour ago, NathanDrake88 said:

What’s the point of it then?

Brings out the mouth breathers, good point and laugh material

Seems warmer this morning. Don't get me wrong; a layer of frost all over the cars but the roads and pavement doesn't seem as bad as it was yesterday.

Depends on whether we get snow but hopefully its missing us.

Covers have to be left on until 7pm at least; minus 2 forecast for kick-off so who knows.

Expect multiple pitch inspections:

Livingston F.C. v Dundee United F.C.
cinch Premiership
 08/03/2023  7:45pm  Tony Macaroni Arena
Referee:  Matthew MacDermid
AR1  David Doig
AR2  Colin Drummond
Fourth Official  Scott Lambie
VAR  Steven McLean
AVAR  Sean Carr

According to the met office no snow for Livingston until late tomorrow night. Temp is meant to get up to a massive 2 degress but feel like -2 during the day but tonight is -2 and feel like -4.

if it does go ahead hope there's a lot of out of your seat moments to keep us warm :)

I see Matthew MacDermid refereed the 1 - 0 Kilmarnock v Dundee United game on 1st Feb. He dished out four yellows and awarded a penalty for United (which Fletcher missed).

It would be interesting to hear what United supporters thought of his performance.