Livi v Dundee Utd (Take Three)

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

Seems warmer this morning. Don't get me wrong; a layer of frost all over the cars but the roads and pavement doesn't seem as bad as it was yesterday.

Depends on whether we get snow but hopefully its missing us.

Covers have to be left on until 7pm at least; minus 2 forecast for kick-off so who knows.

Expect multiple pitch inspections:

Livingston F.C. v Dundee United F.C.
cinch Premiership
 08/03/2023  7:45pm  Tony Macaroni Arena
Referee:  Matthew MacDermid
AR1  David Doig
AR2  Colin Drummond
Fourth Official  Scott Lambie
VAR  Steven McLean
AVAR  Sean Carr

Never heard of that ref before? Is he new?

If so, not an ideal game for a rookie.

24 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Never heard of that ref before? Is he new?

If so, not an ideal game for a rookie.

Nope....

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

I see Matthew MacDermid refereed the 1 - 0 Kilmarnock v Dundee United game on 1st Feb. He dished out four yellows and awarded a penalty for United (which Fletcher missed).

It would be interesting to hear what United supporters thought of his performance.

The fact that you haven't heard of him before though is perhaps a good thing i.e. not controversial?

12 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Think so

Game to be called off at 7

Ever the optimist; I think its good news that we haven't had much rain recently meaning that the ground will be hopefully fairly dry.

As I understand it; the biggest problem with "the corner" was that the water stored up in the sand was freezing solid and not getting the change to melt. Provided the moisture's not there; the salt treatment should be more effective.

But then again I could have got the wrong end of the decidedly sh#tty stick.

9 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Ever the optimist; I think its good news that we haven't had much rain recently meaning that the ground will be hopefully fairly dry.

As I understand it; the biggest problem with "the corner" was that the water stored up in the sand was freezing solid and not getting the change to melt. Provided the moisture's not there; the salt treatment should be more effective.

But then again I could have got the wrong end of the decidedly sh#tty stick.

If this game doesn't go ahead then in the words of their ex-Chairman Pearse Flynn they should be expelled from the top flight.

Flynn fires warning shot at SPL Livingston warn of legal action if St Mirren are promoted | HeraldScotland

Not that I'm one to harbour grudges. :angel

1 hour ago, btb said:

If this game doesn't go ahead then in the words of their ex-Chairman Pearse Flynn they should be expelled from the top flight.

Flynn fires warning shot at SPL Livingston warn of legal action if St Mirren are promoted | HeraldScotland

Not that I'm one to harbour grudges. :angel

Ah, so that's where you and Hendo are coming from. Pearse Flynn, like almost everything else he said, was very wrong there.

1 hour ago, gavin_3110 said:

Just saw the ticket prices. Trying to skin people £27.50 to watch a game on a plastic pitch, particularly after the circumstances of the last call off is absolutely outrageous. 

Just noticed United are classed as a category B game along with Hearts and Hibs.

If it makes you feel any better Aberdeen and Motherwell are Cat C meaning they can get in for £25..... but probably not.

TBH its a bit of a strange one; cant see United bringing more than a couple of hundred down the road on the off-chance the game is on. If the tables were turned I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be heading up to Dundee - but then again I am a bit of an old fossil and will likely be tucked up in bed with a cup of cocoa before the United supporters are near Stirling. 

1 hour ago, FreedomFarter said:

Ah, so that's where you and Hendo are coming from. Pearse Flynn, like almost everything else he said, was very wrong there.

As big a charlatan as any other nefarious owner we've been lumbered with. He handed the reins over to Massone and his mob and, when asked directly what would happen to the club under Massone's watch, said "Livingston are nothing without me and my money".

If Flynn says it's raining outside, you can safely leave your brolly at home. 

3 hours ago, Durnford said:

Just noticed United are classed as a category B game along with Hearts and Hibs.

If it makes you feel any better Aberdeen and Motherwell are Cat C meaning they can get in for £25..... but probably not.

TBH its a bit of a strange one; cant see United bringing more than a couple of hundred down the road on the off-chance the game is on. If the tables were turned I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be heading up to Dundee - but then again I am a bit of an old fossil and will likely be tucked up in bed with a cup of cocoa before the United supporters are near Stirling. 

Categorisation must be based on opponent's record versus Barcelona*

*competitive games only