Title Chasing Queen's Park v L1 dodging Cove

First time I’ve thought we’ve looked a wee bit nervous, but we kept plugging away and got our reward. Cove will feel they could and maybe should have taken something with their chances as well

If we win it, and we’re still in big “if” territory, this is the one we’ll look back on. We couldn’t drop points in that game. There’s games we might get away with it, without anyone gaining on or overtaking us, but that was absolute nailed on must win. 

Obvious statement that it didn’t quite click yesterday. A few times when we looked for an extra pass rather than just hitting the ball at goal. A few times now Shields has been excellent at getting the ball out wide. Frustrating that we need him in the middle though. 

Thought Thomson was really pretty poor, shirking out of at least 3 or 4 50/50’s, far from ideal from your centre mid. Davidson proved a capable replacement bar a couple moments also.

Massive to get that goal. Pressing the ‘if’ button here but it’s wins like that that win a title. 

35 minutes ago, The Spiderman said:

Thought Thomson was really pretty poor, shirking out of at least 3 or 4 50/50’s, far from ideal from your centre mid.

I think outside the Hamilton game, Thomson has looked slightly off it in the last month or so. That’s not to say he’s been bad by any means but there’s an expectation on him now due to the tremendous season he’s had. He’s been the most improved player in the squad this year but he’ll have games like he’s had recently cause he’s still very inexperienced at this level 

Central midfield is the one area of the pitch I look at with a degree of caution if Thomson or Boateng pick injury/loss of form. 

Edited by qpfc

2 minutes ago, qpfc said:

I think outside the Hamilton game, Thomson has looked slightly off it in the last month or so. That’s not to say he’s been bad by any means but there’s an expectation on him now due to the tremendous season he’s had. He’s been the most improved player in the squad this year but he’ll have games like he’s had recently cause he’s still very inexperienced at this level 

Central midfield is the one area of the pitch I look at with a degree of caution if Thomson or Boateng pick injury/loss of form. 

Thought Davidson did well when he came on ….but I agree Thomson has been great this season. Huge game next week but I’m sure the players will be highly motivated to win this one .