Tier 5 - Reconstruction Proposals - Effect on West?

On 11/03/2023 at 12:49, LongTimeLurker said:

If, as seems to be the case, the HL and LL would have to sign off on the necessary changes to the Club 42 playoff rules, there is very little danger of this actually happening. The LL clubs are supposed to be meeting on Monday to discuss it. A clearer picture should emerge after that has happened.

Thankfully the LL teams don't have previous for allowing cash to influence their decisions.

9 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

According to Darvels manager on twitter no more access to Scottish cup for West/east of Scotland teams?

For what reason?, If anything the ex junior teams have added to competition, think of publicity teams like Darvel and Talbot have generated, with live TV games , on main stream news etc.

If he's right, it does simplify things rather, as there's then no financial benefit to having a license, and losing the license gets rid of the big disincentive of getting relegated to the colts' leagues if you win the league.

Insane, of course, but since when has anything around Scottish football been based on common sense?

Edited by sdr71
clarity

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Its Mick on twitter, but no idea where hes got that from, that said it was him who broke the news about the new conference league, so can only assume hes right. 

It's a complete disaster if true. Almost no incentive for licensing.

2 minutes ago, Shanner said:

He says no more automatic access, so perhaps it will be qualifying rounds. On the face of it it's an absolute kick in the teeth to clubs who have flung decent dough at getting licensed. 

That wouldn't be any different to the current system though surely. It would just be preliminary rounds by any other name. It's making me a wee bit itchy that I'm spending time talking about something on Mick Kennedy's(roaster) Twitter(hellhole). Somebody find another source please.

1 minute ago, jimbaxters said:

That wouldn't be any different to the current system though surely. It would just be preliminary rounds by any other name. It's making me a wee bit itchy that I'm spending time talking about something on Mick Kennedy's(roaster) Twitter(hellhole). Somebody find another source please.

One of the Bankies board members also tweeted about it. News must be getting out i guess?

I'm wondering if there's a potential for something to have been lost in translation here, and it's the qualification spots for the WoS/EoS champions, even if unlicensed, that might be at risk here. After all, the current rule is that all Tier 6 champions get automatic entry to the Scottish Cup, and if these proposals went through then those leagues would become Tier 7 instead.

4 minutes ago, LowerLeagueFC said:

Surely it should be time for the broadcasters to stand up and be counted. Wouldn't get my hopes up with the BBC however and Viaplay couldnt care about anything other than Celtic + Rangers

You'll need to explain that one pal. Why would the broadcasters be bothered?

1 minute ago, jimbaxters said:

You'll need to explain that one pal. Why would the broadcasters be bothered?

Agree that they most probably won't be bothered, but more than happy to constantly choose a game hosted by clubs below tier 5 spouting "magic of the cup" and get their behind the scenes access

He broke the news about the new league/colts, so can’t see him being far off with this news. I noticed a reply mentioned a cup with only the winner receiving Scottish cup entry? Scottish football and the glorious leaders showing how to go backwards and spoil clubs great work in one horrendous move again. It really is rather depressing