Binos v The Rose

Thanks to the volunteers who help lay the covers today and hopefully the game will be on.

Bonnyrigg will be buoyed by their excellent win at Elgin last Saturday. We have struggled to get momentum due to postponements this year but had a good win against a decent Rovers team last week.

Despite the league gap between the sides this will be a close affair.

Meant to be minus 4 overnight. Hope the covers work their magic but not holding my breath. 

All games against Rose have been tense affairs this season. Would expect another tight game. If it goes ahead then I really hope we score early and force Rose to open up more. 

It's obviously difficult to tell solely from pictures, but the surface at Forthbank looks absolutely superb. Especially considering you guys groundshare too. 

I know our park obviously has issues with the sun getting to it and the fact it's built on reclaimed land. But there really shouldn't be as big a difference as there is between the parks. It's an absolute credit to your groundstaff/man.

3 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

It's obviously difficult to tell solely from pictures, but the surface at Forthbank looks absolutely superb. Especially considering you guys groundshare too. 

I know our park obviously has issues with the sun getting to it and the fact it's built on reclaimed land. But there really shouldn't be as big a difference as there is between the parks. It's an absolute credit to your groundstaff/man.

It's all the hot salty tears that get cried on it that does it. Add, some of them ours.

Edited by WC Boggs
add

Well it all wrapped up again for the Saturday afternoon trip to Forthbank in Stirling. It was a long trip last Saturday to Elgin but a very happy journey back to Bonnyrigg in the dark. Our matches with Stirling this season have been close affairs and I expect the same again today.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Well that was far from convincing and we looked distinctly disjointed but full marks for turning that around. Great celebrations at the injury time winner, which seemed unlikely given how few chances we managed to create in the 2nd half.

Was a pretty grim spectacle as a football match. Don’t think Bonnyrigg have been involved in many footballing classics this season. 

Delighted for young Flynn Duffy getting his first goal BUT I’d play Cammy Clark ahead of him every day of the week if I was manager. 

Have to assume Robert Thomson is carrying a knock for him to start on the bench. Then he came on and for some reason kept coming wide to get involved. Hope he’s fit for the next game. 

Bonnyrigg look like a team of triers but low on quality. Suspect they will finish 10th but hopefully they don’t end up relegated. Brought 200+ through when bottom of the table so fair play. 

That was tough going. Not much football on display but the one thing you can say about Stirling at the moment is they never give up and that self belief got 3 points today. 

Bonnyrigg were, well Bonnyrigg. Robust and well organised. When they went ahead after ten minutes you knew that we were in for a looooooonnng afternoon with every throw and bye kick taking an age. The match ended up as an unedifying war of attrition that was for lower league purists only.

Great turnout from the Bonnyrigg fans and I do hope they stay up - it's great to see a decent number of away fans coming along and it helps the atmosphere. But they need to improve the quality of their squad though. Effort and organisation only gets you so far.

Stirling never got going at all as bonnyrigg hassled them at every opportunity. Playing Carrick up front on his own didn't work - it's never worked - and we looked a wee bit better when Thomson came on although he didn't look his usual self today at all. 

So that's two successive meh performances against the 2 bottom teams  in the league - but six points.  Not many standout performances but I thought young Duffy was excellent and good to see him get a goal. 

4 minutes ago, TheVoiceofReason said:

I thought young Duffy was excellent 

I wish I didn’t, but I have to disagree with that part. I thought he was frequently wasteful in possession. I’m desperate for him to do well but to me Cammy Clark is better, both defensively and offensively. Maybe the manager will rotate them when we have midweek games. 

A difficult watch, in bitterly cold conditions. Two teams with vastly different agendas. Three good goals.  Duffy’s goal, his first for Stirling, was an excellent strike. His celebration , said it all. A sizeable travelling support had to put up with time-wasting etc by Rose.  That’s what happens when your scrapping at the bottom. 

Edited by Dumb yatt

2 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

I wish I didn’t, but I have to disagree with that part. I thought he was frequently wasteful in possession. I’m desperate for him to do well but to me Cammy Clark is better, both defensively and offensively. Maybe the manager will rotate them when we have midweek games. 

All about opinions I guess. I like Cammy Clark. He's got great potential but he needs to make better decisions at key moments and avoid the inevitable red card. He's no good to us sitting in the stand

7 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

The playing surface is in good nick. Seemingly after removing covers this morning. A 4/5 metre  strip was frosted. Frost cleared by the morning sun. Our ground can be affected by water logging. Clue in the name. But yes, the grounds man at Forthbank does an excellent job.

36 minutes ago, TheVoiceofReason said:

Didn't quite see what went on after the final whistle when there was a wee bit of jostling going on and Paul McLean was booked. BBC text thing says it was for 'excessive celebration' 

Aye, McLean was giving it big licks at the final whistle and directing his celebrations at (I think) Kerr Young, and the Bonnyrigg players to exception to it.

The Bonnyrigg boys were time wasting and indulging in a bit of gamesmanship throughout, which is completely understandable if you're a goal up in a game and fighting for your lives. But I don't think Pabs was overly impressed. Must've been a sore one to take for Bonnyrigg to lose the game so late on, but seems a bit cringey to then spit the dummy out at the final whistle because the Albion are celebrating, especially given Bonnyrigg's gamesmanship up to that point.

Edited by Landry Zahanioni

I couldn’t make the game yesterday, however I’m obviously over the moon at another 3 points, but what about that attendance? Is it safe to say we are a club back on the up both on and off the pitch?

Must admit to not being too sure about Duffy just yet, however whilst winning, Darren Young is justified in picking him and if he can pop up with another couple of those between now and the end of the season then I’ll be happy.