SNP Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- add them here

Wingman

1 hour ago, Jedi2 said:

continue to paint me as lying about the Labour cuts even when the IFS spokesperson demolishes the SNPs own lies.

Maybe I missed it in your rant about me calling people liars, but I didn't notice your response to this

"So you agree - Labout will cut spending by a minimum of £6 billion and possibly up to £10 billion more. How does this square with your own assertion that Labour will prioritise investment in public services and Sarwar's "Read my lips - no austerity under Labour" quote?"

The only person on here I have dismissed as a liar is you, Jedi.

As an example, you claimed that Yousaf planned to declare UDI, then produced a list of "quotes" to prove your point. Not one of these quotes mentioned or even suggested UDI. Pointing out the flaws in your quotes is not the same as accusing the person quoted as lying.

You then suggested that Humza wanted a "negotiated UDI". That's an oxymoronic fantasy.

Anyway, good luck with portraying the SNP as the diet Tories. We all need something to laugh at in these troubled times for the UK.

Here we go again:

Definition (UDI) or "unilateral secession" is a formal process leading to the establishment of a new state by a subnational entity which declares itself independent and sovereign.'

He (Yousaf) said the Westminster election “offers us the opportunity to break the logjam. I believe that this election the SNP should offer the people of Scotland a mandate for an independent Scotland.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/snp-scottish-westminster-nicola-sturgeon-first-minister-b2363561.html

First Minister @HumzaYousaf says winning 'most Scottish seats' at the upcoming general election will be a mandate for independence. STV @

Humza Yousaf will seek independence negotiations with the UK government if his party wins the most seats in Scotland at the next general election.

To prepare for independence, it is proposed detailed conditions of negotiations are published, including draft legal text on the transfer of powers from Westminster to Holyrood.

Work would also be carried out on a draft interim constitution and on plans to rejoin the EU.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-66812774.amp

Honestly don't know how many direct quotes from Yousaf or links to articles need to be produced for his strategy (in place until 2 months ago) is clear that 'most seats' led to 'a formal process leading to the establishment of a new state by a subnational entity which declares itself independent and sovereign.'

That was his strategy whether you like it or not, which Swinney has now overturned to be 'most seats means asking for a Referendum'.

So, you have lied about Labour's '£18 billion cuts'

You have lied about Yousaf's strategy

You have lied about the SNP's prospectus for the post-Independence plan, and completely ignored/refused to accept the word of the IFS on this in a ludicrous picking and choosing snipets of an interview which 'suit'.

You have lied about me 'crowing' about 'only between 6 and 16 billion cuts'. Don't know ìf you noticed Liz Truss tanking the Economy 2 years ago which has led to a massive reduction in money available to any govt. Cuts are never something to crow about but a sad reality of the current financial mess the Tories have left and which the SNP want to make even worse.

It's just a barrage of lies and disinformation around protecting your beloved party at all costs.

I would rather think that 'Diet Tory' could easily be applied to a party which is planning a decade of austerity by taking an axe to public services, which is more than happy to spend a lot of money (£850 million and rising) on Private Health Provision, and a party which has a Deputy FM who wants a low tax, light touch regulation of financial institutions, and inviting foreign capital to buy up Scottish assets at (presumably) knock down prices...she is essentially a Thatcherite.

Edited by Jedi2

31 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

Here we go again:

Definition (UDI) or "unilateral secession" is a formal process leading to the establishment of a new state by a subnational entity which declares itself independent and sovereign.'

He (Yousaf) said the Westminster election “offers us the opportunity to break the logjam. I believe that this election the SNP should offer the people of Scotland a mandate for an independent Scotland.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/snp-scottish-westminster-nicola-sturgeon-first-minister-b2363561.html

First Minister @HumzaYousaf says winning 'most Scottish seats' at the upcoming general election will be a mandate for independence. STV @

Humza Yousaf will seek independence negotiations with the UK government if his party wins the most seats in Scotland at the next general election.

To prepare for independence, it is proposed detailed conditions of negotiations are published, including draft legal text on the transfer of powers from Westminster to Holyrood.

Work would also be carried out on a draft interim constitution and on plans to rejoin the EU.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-66812774.amp

Honestly don't know how many direct quotes from Yousaf or links to articles need to be produced for his strategy (in place until 2 months ago) is clear that 'most seats' led to 'a formal process leading to the establishment of a new state by a subnational entity which declares itself independent and sovereign.'

That was his strategy whether you like it or not, which Swinney has now overturned to be 'most seats means asking for a Referendum'.

So, you have lied about Labour's '£18 billion cuts'

You have lied about Yousaf's strategy

You have lied about the SNP's prospectus for the post-Independence plan, and completely ignored/refused to accept the word of the IFS on this in a ludicrous picking and choosing snipets of an interview which 'suit'.

You have lied about me 'crowing' about 'only between 6 and 16 billion cuts'. Don't know ìf you noticed Liz Truss tanking the Economy 2 years ago which has led to a massive reduction in money available to any govt. Cuts are never something to crow about but a sad reality of the current financial mess the Tories have left and which the SNP want to make even worse.

It's just a barrage of lies and disinformation around protecting your beloved party at all costs.

I would rather think that 'Diet Tory' could easily be applied to a party which is planning a decade of austerity by taking an axe to public services, which is more than happy to spend a lot of money (£850 million and rising) on Private Health Provision, and a party which has a Deputy FM who wants a low tax, light touch regulation of financial institutions, and inviting foreign capital to buy up Scottish assets at (presumably) knock down prices...she is essentially a Thatcherite.

Just posting this here in case Jedi sobers up and deletes it. Will respond tomorrow..

14 hours ago, Jedi2 said:

Here we go again:

Here's Jedi's first lie. He's cut off the last 12 words of the definition, and added a full stop after "sovereign". The full wikipedia quote is "A unilateral declaration of independence (UDI) or "unilateral secession" is a formal process leading to the establishment of a new state by a subnational entity which declares itself independent and sovereign without a formal agreement with the state from which it is seceding."

Having searched the internet for Jedi's quote (without the full stop that he added), it only appears to exist in 4 places (Wikipedia, The National, The Pressreader copy of the National and a comment on a Wings article)

On each and every occasion, the word sovereign is followed by "without a formal agreement with the state from which it is seceding"

These last 12 words make quite a difference to the definition, don't they!

Jedi's second lie is that his two quotes show that Humza planned a UDI

14 hours ago, Jedi2 said:

Like all his previous links, the phrase "unilateral declaration of independence" or the acronym "UDI" don't appear. However, words like "negotiation" are prominent. How can a negotiated seccession be considered to be " "without a formal agreement with the state from which it is seceding"?

Jedi's third lie is that I "have lied about Labour's '£18 billion cuts'"

I have never said that Labour plan £18 billion worth of cuts. I have quoted Jedi's own source (the IFS spokesman) who said that Labour plan to make between £6 billion and £16 billion worth of cuts during the next parliament. Jedi has not answered my question about how this squares with Anas Sarwar's statement ""Read my lips - no austerity under Labour"?

The rest of his rant appears to blame Liz Truss for Labour's future cuts, and he then goes on to call Kate Forbes a Thatcherite. 

In response, I would suggest that he googles 'Starmer Thatcher' and has a look at all the articles from December last year about Starmer praising Thatcher, Sir Keir would have been a great fit for Thatcher's cabinet, wouldn't he.

6 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

You could take a blow torch to @Jedi2's neck.

A serial liar calling someone else a liar.

Yep, that just about sums him up

Yousaf's 'plan' whatever way it is spun, was to 'declare' that, with the most seats at a GE that Scotland was then 'Independent'. For him to (also) declare that there would be a 'period of negotiation' on sorting out the details of that (presumably division of assets, debt share, towing Trident to the South of England) is semantics with regard to 'involving the partner you are leaving' in this case, the rUK...as the 'declaration' of Independence would already have been made.

What I will give Swinney, with his change of focus from most seats, make a declaration/negotiate, to most seats, ask for a Ref, is that he is playing a more clever game.

Win most seats, knowing that WM will say 'No' ramps up support for Holyrood in 2026...(its 'big, bad, Wastemonster denying democracy again)

Don't win the most seats and he can still fashion the Holyrood election as 'another shot', with another 'pro-Indy' majority being enough to...ask for another Ref, again keeping his supporters onside.

That is a lot better than Yousaf, who the public wouldn't have taken seriously with a 'declaration' on 29 odd seats, following a loss of somewhere around 20 seats to do so.

Edited by Jedi2

So, like I said, you lied about the definition of UDI, and about Yousaf wanting to declare UDI. 

I think we are done here.

Still no answer about Sarwar's ""Read my lips - no austerity under Labour" quote though. It's almost as if you don't want to address the matter!

• 2 weeks later...

Austerity is of course deep cuts to public services pretty much across the board (kind of like the Growth Commission plan), not 'between £6 and £16 billlion) of unprotected budgets which miss out the 'big' areas of Health, Education, Benefits etc

Let's imagine for a moment that the SNP's Manifesto was implemented so:

Call for a Ceasefire in Gaza and recognise Palestine as a state (seems to be a 'top' priority at the moment going by their Social Media). But, they get their wish..presumably the Israeli govt shrugs and says 'so what'

We are imagining that they have most seats, so ask for a Ref...UK govt says No.

Spend £28 billion a year on Green Energy....as well as no cuts to public services. So public debt is pushed up significantly over 100% in order to borrow the money. Money markets are spooked, the pound plummets and inflation goes back up along with prices..or of course you can hike up taxes on those high earners on £28,000 again...they must have more disposable income by now.

Devolve Broadcasting..fair enough..more time for BBC Alba

Scrap Trident: Saves £3 billion a year (drop in the ocean for public services), but decommissioning costs...around £3 billion as well.

Rejoin the EU: Should be a smooth enough process without another Referendum...or maybe not

Scrap the Two Child Benefit Cap: Fair enough...suspect that will happen in the next 5 years anyway.

Can see why a large cohort of SNP MPs will make a significant impact at Westminster over the next  5 years.

8 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

Austerity is of course deep cuts to public services pretty much across the board (kind of like the Growth Commission plan), not 'between £6 and £16 billlion) of unprotected budgets which miss out the 'big' areas of Health, Education, Benefits etc

Call for a Ceasefire in Gaza and recognise Palestine as a state (seems to be a 'top' priority at the moment going by their Social Media). But, they get their wish..presumably the Israeli govt shrugs and says 'so what'

Spend £28 billion a year on Green Energy....as well as no cuts to public services. So public debt is pushed up significantly over 100% in order to borrow the money. Money markets are spooked, the pound plummets and inflation goes back up along with prices..or of course you can hike up taxes on those high earners on £28,000 again...they must have more disposable income by now.

Scrap Trident: Saves £3 billion a year (drop in the ocean for public services), but decommissioning costs...around £3 billion as well.

Rejoin the EU: Should be a smooth enough process without another Referendum...or maybe not

Scrap the Two Child Benefit Cap: Fair enough...suspect that will happen in the next 5 years anyway.

Can see why a large cohort of SNP MPs will make a significant impact at Westminster over the next  5 years.

When was the last time you made a non-politix post?

You could save yourself a lot of time by just posting "SNP bad".

13 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

It took you nearly 2 weeks to come up with that?

Pathetic.