SNP Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- add them here

Wingman

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Genuinely, do you believe they’re dripping good policies because they’re not ‘brave’ enough? Because I would say that it seems to be that Starmer et al are simply ideologically opposed to them. 

Is it an 'ideological' choice for the SNP to propose slashing public spending in Scotland post Indy, sell off assets (in other words privatisation), all the while keeping taxes 'low'?

3 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

Is it an 'ideological' choice for the SNP to propose slashing public spending in Scotland post Indy, sell off assets (in other words privatisation), all the while keeping taxes 'low'?

Probably. I’m not actually a massive fan of large swathes of the SNP though.

answer my question too please.

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

You obviously have never lived through a Labour majority Scotland whose Scottish MP's are totally controlled by the London based labour party and they have to toe the party line which is english biased.

Red Tory Starmer already backs the 2 child cap policy and he has made it clear he wants to abolish free university student fees.

I did 

Someone's going to have to explain in very specific detail why a two child cap on support is still a horrendous and cruel measure, fully a decade since it was implemented in the first place.

There is no sudden, unexpected catch here. If you don't want to surpass the upper boundary of state support, then simply stop firing out weans. Or pay the extra costs of raising yet another, completely unnecessary sprog from your own pocket.

1525828938_wpXTrvfKTCB4(1).gif.d696e6f9e833f01134b5de13e35c5b0f.gif

3 hours ago, Jedi2 said:

@ScotiaNostra is absolutely spot on that the SNP need to change. You can't have a clown like Yousaf in charge (put there as the 'continuity' candidate), and as he says just limp along lurching from scandal to scandal in recent times, and just expect folk to continue voting for you, just because it's the 'only route' to Indy.

Get a serious leader and a serious programme for govt and Indy again, post GE, and then make the prospect of Indy more attractive to soft 'No's' and 'Don't Knows'.

Meanwhile, as said, I have been very disappointed in Labour's recent performance. However, it is also right that they need to make a serious move on Devolution as well post GE, and Sarwar should be in a position to capitalise.

They still aren't 'just the same as the Tories' (although recent rhetoric..bankers bonuses et al) has to stop, and they need to be brave enough to stand by the 'good' policies, previously proposed.

Both parties need to 'do better' although Labour are in better shape to do so at the moment.

Nothing that has occurred amounts to a scandal (unless you're in the Scottish press)

Selling arms to Iran and pretending you're not is a scandal 

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I can't answer for Jedi as even though we both currently seemingly support Labour he seems a lot more switched on to the details in policy than myself. 

However although Starmer has backtracked and seemed very malleable I'd be interested to hear why you think he's not ideologically an improvement on what we have. I don't know his full background I'm not really someone you'd describe as left wing so I like the idea of someone I believe to be relatively smart and compassionate yet extremely boring and a box ticker to be I charge compared to all the other likely options.

I do miss when politics was left to the nerds and wasn't so culture wars online driven. 

Edited by RuMoore

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

So, we are agreed that the SNP's current plan for Independence is basically a Tory economic dream.

In answer to your question, is it 'ideological' for Labour to not reinstate  the cap on bankers bonuses eg..no I don't think it is..I still reckon it is driven by 'don't scare the horses with regard to the right wing media.

As far as the two child benefit cap..its not a policy I'm bothered about either way tbh..and am probably with @virginton on that one...so is it ideological to not remove it? No..again more down to not giving the Tories ammunition.

And btw, I don't 'agree' with not giving the Tories ammunition..as said, I think Labour should be sticking with the Green Energy Plan as originally set out etc

13 hours ago, ScotiaNostra said:

I did 

Then you will be aware of what's to come.

It is obvious that Labour will win the next election, but who couldn't against a morally and financially corrupt tory party, but it will not be the landslide some are predicting.

The only two Labour landslides I recall belongs to Clement Atlee and Tony Blair.

Keir Starmer will never be or carry the initial charisma of Tony Blair, but more importantly Blair and his team prior to the election openly courted Rupert Murdoch, Major Companies and the Heads of the Financial Institutions and Banking Corporations, assuring them that  'New Labour' was fully attuned to the needs of the financial markets.

Starmer has made some movements towards the Markets and agreed on some tory policies but probably feels that a Labour win against a weak tory party is assured and he doesn't need to make too many overtures to the private sector so as not to annoy the Labour voting core.

So as I see it he will enjoy a bounce for some months, maybe a year, then as they always do the tory media, the establishment and the Financial sector will fully turn their guns on him and his party, if you think the sniping and constant belittling of the SNP is a big deal you ain't seen nothing yet once the establishment gets going with a tsunami of 24 hour a day humiliating personal and Labour party attacks.

You will also see major criticism from the military which has a backbone of toryism.

Aye there may be troubles ahead.

11 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Then you will be aware of what's to come.

It is obvious that Labour will win the next election, but who couldn't against a morally and financially corrupt tory party, but it will not be the landslide some are predicting.

The only two Labour landslides I recall belongs to Clement Atlee and Tony Blair.

Keir Starmer will never be or carry the initial charisma of Tony Blair, but more importantly Blair and his team prior to the election openly courted Rupert Murdoch, Major Companies and the Heads of the Financial Institutions and Banking Corporations, assuring them that  'New Labour' was fully attuned to the needs of the financial markets.

Starmer has made some movements towards the Markets and agreed on some tory policies but probably feels that a Labour win against a weak tory party is assured and he doesn't need to make too many overtures to the private sector so as not to annoy the Labour voting core.

So as I see it he will enjoy a bounce for some months, maybe a year, then as they always do the tory media, the establishment and the Financial sector will fully turn their guns on him and his party, if you think the sniping and constant belittling of the SNP is a big deal you ain't seen nothing yet once the establishment gets going with a tsunami of 24 hour a day humiliating personal and Labour party attacks.

You will also see major criticism from the military which has a backbone of toryism.

Aye there may be troubles ahead.

Think this is a fair assessment 

I always find people's reference to minutes as though they are a verbatim record of everything that has been said in a meeting to be a bit naive. I'm sure that most people will have been in meetings where people have said things that aren't for minuting, or have portions of the meeting under "Chatham House rules", or have subsequently asked for the minutes to be amended.

Yes, SG should have done better with their management of WhatsApp etc. but to suggest that minuted meeting are a complete record of the thinking behind decisions is fanciful at best. The COVID inquiry probably has better access to the thinking behind decisions taken than any before.

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

Official probe launched my the information Commissioner.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cz9mv37l969o

Sunday morning seems an odd time to announce it.

The Government and the Information Commissioner have been fighting over a few things as of late.

The Government lost in the appeals court in December over Hamilton's probe into whether Sturgeon broke the ministerial code (during the Salmond debacle). They received an FOI and the Government said they didn't hold the information relating to Hamilton's investigation. The Information Commissioner ruled against them and they appealed his ruling. With the appeals court agreeing with the Information Commissioner.

It's not exactly the transparency that Humza has spoken of in the past. Its a bit unedifying watching the Government fighting with the Information Commissioner over disclosure tbh. Especially when it ends up in Court.

On 04/02/2024 at 13:21, Dink said:

I always find people's reference to minutes as though they are a verbatim record of everything that has been said in a meeting to be a bit naive. I'm sure that most people will have been in meetings where people have said things that aren't for minuting, or have portions of the meeting under "Chatham House rules", or have subsequently asked for the minutes to be amended.

Yes, SG should have done better with their management of WhatsApp etc. but to suggest that minuted meeting are a complete record of the thinking behind decisions is fanciful at best. The COVID inquiry probably has better access to the thinking behind decisions taken than any before.

Minuets of meetings don't give a full picture but like painting by number's it does fill in the background

9 minutes ago, awnawawnaw said:

Minuets of meetings don't give a full picture but like painting by number's it does fill in the background

I like the cut of this new poster's jib. Certainly one to keep an eye on to see how they progress. 

Edited by KingRocketman II

8 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

I like the cut of this new poster's jib. Certainly one to keep an eye on to see how they progress. 

They've waltzed over here to talk about minuets.

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

I see we have a "new" red dotting sock puppet called Mr Parfect. Red dotting posts from weeks ago within minutes of being set up. What a pathetic, tedious life !

Clearly "connected" to the Steely carnation seeing he's doing the follow up dotting. Laughable behaviour .

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously are people really getting offended by this right now over 30 years too late -

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/people/edinburgh-castles-redcoat-cafes-name-to-be-reviewed-after-re-opening-backlash-with-jacobite-room-also-4515140

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/opinion/columnists/silly-separatists-banned-list-john-mclellan-4518064

image.jpeg.e5c4386b58ab178fafd7dd291c37a44c.jpeg

Should the names be changed, if so what should they be changed to align with up to date preferences?