SNP Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- add them here

Wingman

22 minutes ago, GTee said:

So who do folk who prefer Scottish Independence vote for, if they are all the same?

Your hope has to be that the SNP sort themselves out..and soon 

Ditch the comedy act as FM..put a serious candidate in place instead.

Come up with a credible plan for post-Independence which isn't a bankers bonanza, but seeks to fund public services properly.

But, yes, the current political climate is a mess. If the SNP get a shoeing at the GE with the Humza at the helm and 'most seats does it' defeated, they will set the case back some time

13 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

Your hope has to be that the SNP sort themselves out..and soon 

Ditch the comedy act as FM..put a serious candidate in place instead.

Come up with a credible plan for post-Independence which isn't a bankers bonanza, but seeks to fund public services properly.

But, yes, the current political climate is a mess. If the SNP get a shoeing at the GE with the Humza at the helm and 'most seats does it' defeated, they will set the case back some time

Or, alternatively, don’t let the opponents of independence define what it is “we” need to do to gain it. 

4 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Or, alternatively, don’t let the opponents of independence define what it is “we” need to do to gain it. 

Quite right...carry on with your turbo charged austerity plan and Humza at the helm ..both should go down a storm at the election 

Ive said before on here I have always been for indy but never been a SNP or Alba fan , however I voted SNP while I thought indy had a chance.

I mentioned months back I was considering labour then due to the simple reason I think theres more chance at moment of Labour making a difference for better throughout UK Scotland included, than the SNP offer. That the tories get wiped out by Labour is needed.

I was willing to give Humza a chance but im pretty much certain now im voting Labour unless by some miracle Humza makes me feel independence is close (more chance of winning the lottery).

I dont see any risk to not voting snp in regards indy moving further away. Infact I hope the snp lose a lot of seats and learn from it and come back stronger and better and do actually move things forward in the elections to come after these. So in some ways it can be argued its going to be quicker to independence that the snp get a shoeing now than we limp along for years treading water with these clowns and never going anywhere

Edited by ScotiaNostra

18 minutes ago, ScotiaNostra said:

Ive said before on here I have always been for indy but never been a SNP or Alba fan , however I voted SNP while I thought indy had a chance.

I mentioned months back I was considering labour then due to the simple reason I think theres more chance at moment of Labour making a difference for better throughout UK Scotland included, than the SNP offer. That the tories get wiped out by Labour is needed.

I was willing to give Humza a chance but im pretty much certain now im voting Labour unless by some miracle Humza makes me feel independence is close (more chance of winning the lottery).

I dont see any risk to not voting snp in regards indy moving further away. Infact I hope the snp lose a lot of seats and learn from it and come back stronger and better and do actually move things forward in the elections to come after these. So in some ways it can be argued its going to be quicker to independence that the snp get a shoeing now than we limp along for years treading water with these clowns and never going anywhere

Genuinely, have you paid any attention to the ongoing changes within Labour? Did you listen to Ian Murray on Question Time the other night pitching his trickle down economics theory? If you have and you want to reward that, then fine. 

16 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Dearie me, a wee boy upset at my assertion of him, wet and chewed pillows going on here, If I knew you were that sensitive I wouldn't have posted that on you, Ok no more big bad boy from me, sleep well.

I'm not an upset wee boy Sandy.

You on the other hand are making a good job of showing that you are the poster that is upset.

1 hour ago, Freedom Farter said:

Genuinely, have you paid any attention to the ongoing changes within Labour? Did you listen to Ian Murray on Question Time the other night pitching his trickle down economics theory? If you have and you want to reward that, then fine. 

Never heard that but have spent some time following the parties and weighed it all up and come to that conclusion, I always keep an open mind though so will still review when election time comes but if it was tomorrow. Theres no doubt Id vote Labour.

1 hour ago, Lurkst said:

I'd be more worried about the threat to devolution.

I think the issue is that the SNP have had to prove devolution doesn't work to advance their case for independence (wesminster doesn't let us do anything, big rotters that they are, we need more powers).

I think Labour need to/will actually make devolution work once they get in. And having got in, I think they have the best chance of doing so - Scotland is now no longer the branch office as was the case with Blair/Brown/Lamont etc but instead is now the tipping point that Starmer knows he needs to keep sweet to keep himself in no.10.

ETA - and if Sarwar can prove himself to be a clever cookie, he has the real potential to hold the kingmaker role  and balance of power in the new Labour Government.

Edited by alta-pete

15 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

I think the issue is that the SNP have had to prove devolution doesn't work to advance their case for independence (wesminster doesn't let us do anything, big rotters that they are, we need more powers).

I think Labour need to/will actually make devolution work once they get in. And having got in, I think they have the best chance of doing so - Scotland is now no longer the branch office as was the case with Blair/Brown/Lamont etc but instead is now the tipping point that Starmer knows he needs to keep sweet to keep himself in no.10.

ETA - and if Sarwar can prove himself to be a clever cookie, he has the real potential to hold the kingmaker role  and balance of power in the new Labour Government.

Red tory... blue tory ... one and the same.

1 minute ago, TONTROOPER said:

Red tory... blue tory ... one and the same.

Mibbez aye, mibbes naw. But the blue toaries don't need to shake their tic tacs at Scotland to deliver them the seats to get into no.10.

5 hours ago, ScotiaNostra said:

You obviously have never lived through a Labour majority Scotland whose Scottish MP's are totally controlled by the London based labour party and they have to toe the party line which is english biased.

Red Tory Starmer already backs the 2 child cap policy and he has made it clear he wants to abolish free university student fees.

@ScotiaNostra is absolutely spot on that the SNP need to change. You can't have a clown like Yousaf in charge (put there as the 'continuity' candidate), and as he says just limp along lurching from scandal to scandal in recent times, and just expect folk to continue voting for you, just because it's the 'only route' to Indy.

Get a serious leader and a serious programme for govt and Indy again, post GE, and then make the prospect of Indy more attractive to soft 'No's' and 'Don't Knows'.

Meanwhile, as said, I have been very disappointed in Labour's recent performance. However, it is also right that they need to make a serious move on Devolution as well post GE, and Sarwar should be in a position to capitalise.

They still aren't 'just the same as the Tories' (although recent rhetoric..bankers bonuses et al) has to stop, and they need to be brave enough to stand by the 'good' policies, previously proposed.

Both parties need to 'do better' although Labour are in better shape to do so at the moment.

Edited by Jedi2

22 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

They still aren't 'just the same as the Tories' (although recent rhetoric..bankers bonuses et al) has to stop, and they need to be brave enough to stand by the 'good' policies, previously proposed.

Genuinely, do you believe they’re dripping good policies because they’re not ‘brave’ enough? Because I would say that it seems to be that Starmer et al are simply ideologically opposed to them.