Penicuiks woes

Need to go back to basics, get the town involved and the crowds back in again. The place seemed buzzing until half way through last season.

I was expecting a season or 2 of rebuilding at midtable, but the appointment took me by surprise. They must feel the target is to win the league, and have the funds to do it, or CE would be nowhere near the job

7 minutes ago, Franky Bhoy said:

I said it before that I didn’t feel CE was the right man for what our club needs. At his former club Callum had access to funds at his disposal which he certainly won’t receive at penicuik.

In no way was I criticising Calum I am hoping he will be our saviour but as I said he has a very difficult job in front of him🤞🤞🤞

Is there even any money about? And would it be wise to spunk any that is there on players rather than other places around the club? I'm totally out the loop so I've no idea what's been happening apart from what goes on Pussbook

Its going to be a hefty rebuild through the summer due some previous poor recruitment. 

Yesterday 1st half wasn't great. The red card didn't help but you could see shoots of improvement in second half.

Don't think relegation or the threat off is an issue for now

Agree with others. I’m not expecting much this season with what players we have left standing and will be interesting to see how many are still there next season when we would hope he starts to build his own team playing the style he wants. That’s when we’ll see his credentials. 

7 hours ago, Dicko23 said:

Its going to be a hefty rebuild through the summer due some previous poor recruitment. 

Yesterday 1st half wasn't great. The red card didn't help but you could see shoots of improvement in second half.

Don't think relegation or the threat off is an issue for now

I agree with your first point that’s a must and there was a slight improvement in the second half but never looked like scoring Calum’s interview was spot on and I wish I had your confidence about relegation hopefully we survive and regroup for next season 

22 minutes ago, Slabs said:

I agree with your first point that’s a must and there was a slight improvement in the second half but never looked like scoring Calum’s interview was spot on and I wish I had your confidence about relegation hopefully we survive and regroup for next season 

Think that what this season is now is just damage limitation and regroup for next season

It will be good teams relegated from the league next season. I can't think of anyone who will be in the Premier who isn't capable of beating anyone else. The teams coming up will compete and if Edinburgh Uni come down, they are usually a lot better than they've been this season 

23 hours ago, Slabs said:

Maybe Calum’s influence started with the signing of experienced midfielder Lewis Turner good signing 👏👏

On 21/03/2023 at 21:05, Slabs said:

Maybe Calum’s influence started with the signing of experienced midfielder Lewis Turner good signing 👏👏

Hopefully a sign of things to come good performance and result tonight well done 👏👏

Started really well tonight. Dundonald got back in the game in first half but thought Penicuik were better team over the 90. Was night and day compered to Sunday. Plenty of positives and to look upwards 

Dave Edwards goal was a worldie