Stadium and pitch investment

12 minutes ago, PrestersKTID said:

On the stadium Current capacity is just under 52000.

Even if they increased to 65000 as per the “plan” that’s a pretty significant increase.

If we continued to sell out as we have been that’s 13000 extra tickets, £35 a pop. £455,000 a game. 5 games a season approx £2.28mil a year. Totally get that demand can drop.
No sure how much the sfa cut is for semi finals and finals but those revenues would increase also, especially if the city clubs are represented.
lower maintenance costs would contribute some.

Supporters club membership could increase to match the new capacity. 

the 2 million upkeep just now is only going to increase. Place is falling apart. toilet ceilings collapsed, leaks everywhere. Just tired looking south stand apart.

Totally get maxwells point about growing the game instead but can’t see them implementing it. 
also get the economic climate point, probably the worst time to be building or renovating a stadium.

Be interested to see if Wembley has paid for itself yet, it cost over a billion about 15 years ago.

I doubt Wembley has even touched the sides at covering costs and will be finding life harder to even meet maintenance/interest now that London stadium/ whatever WHL is called are offering very strong competition for non-football events within London.

10 hours ago, PrestersKTID said:

On the stadium Current capacity is just under 52000.

Even if they increased to 65000 as per the “plan” that’s a pretty significant increase.

If we continued to sell out as we have been that’s 13000 extra tickets, £35 a pop. £455,000 a game. 5 games a season approx £2.28mil a year. Totally get that demand can drop.
No sure how much the sfa cut is for semi finals and finals but those revenues would increase also, especially if the city clubs are represented.
lower maintenance costs would contribute some.

Supporters club membership could increase to match the new capacity. 

the 2 million upkeep just now is only going to increase. Place is falling apart. toilet ceilings collapsed, leaks everywhere. Just tired looking south stand apart.

Totally get maxwells point about growing the game instead but can’t see them implementing it. 
also get the economic climate point, probably the worst time to be building or renovating a stadium.

Be interested to see if Wembley has paid for itself yet, it cost over a billion about 15 years ago.

I’d be amazed if we sold out 65k on a regular basis. Can’t see us getting that for games against 4th or 5th seeds on a Tuesday or Thursday night.

19 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

I’d be amazed if we sold out 65k on a regular basis. Can’t see us getting that for games against 4th or 5th seeds on a Tuesday or Thursday night.

Very true but 5 years ago I don't think many would've seen us selling out against georgia or cyprus. With Folk looking for tickets. 

It 100% revolves around success, if we (hopefully) qualify on a more regular basis that demand will continue.

14 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

The distance from the pitch behind the goals at Murrayfield is just as bad as Hampden.

I would disagree that Hampden is sitting empty too. It’ll be the most used stadium with a grass pitch in the country next season.

Not the Murrayfield as is. A new stadium.

We've got two national sports that can both bring in (if we had the capacity) 80,000+ for most games. Daft that parochialism got in the way.

More capacity for the gigs that Murrayfield already attracts too.

Only issue ATM is that Hampden probably wouldn't sellout over its current amount for smaller games. Big teams, and England, would attract much larger crowds, though.

Glasgow is also in a far better position because you can get everywhere from it in one/two train journeys. Inverclyde, Ayrshire, Argyle & Bute, Dumfries & Galloway, Stirling, Lanarkshire, even Edinburgh, all have direct, fairly decent railway links. F**k having 10-20,000 on the Glasgow - Edinburgh line all at once.

Hampden is our home, in our biggest and most football-interested city.

1 hour ago, ClydeTon said:

Only issue ATM is that Hampden probably wouldn't sellout over its current amount for smaller games. Big teams, and England, would attract much larger crowds, though.

Glasgow is also in a far better position because you can get everywhere from it in one/two train journeys. Inverclyde, Ayrshire, Argyle & Bute, Dumfries & Galloway, Stirling, Lanarkshire, even Edinburgh, all have direct, fairly decent railway links. F**k having 10-20,000 on the Glasgow - Edinburgh line all at once.

Hampden is our home, in our biggest and most football-interested city.

I prefer Hampden but Murrayfield’s train links are far superior. You say having 10-20k on the Glasgow-Edinburgh line is a nightmare, you have that on the Mount Florida line just now before people can even get out of Glasgow.

At Murrayfield then 20min walk away you have direct trains up the whole East Coast, Fife, Inverness/Highlands, Perth, Stirling, three lines to Glasgow and England.

10 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

I prefer Hampden but Murrayfield’s train links are far superior. You say having 10-20k on the Glasgow-Edinburgh line is a nightmare, you have that on the Mount Florida line just now before people can even get out of Glasgow.

At Murrayfield then 20min walk away you have direct trains up the whole East Coast, Fife, Inverness/Highlands, Perth, Stirling, three lines to Glasgow and England.

Are the Edinburgh Trams better equipped than the Cathcart Circle?

IMO ScotRail should consider an Edinburgh - Mount Florida (passing Newton) service, that continues to Glasgow empty and does a Glasgow - MF special.

Would help decrease the overcrowding at Central and means that folk from that part of the country have a direct link.

Just me?

• 3 weeks later...

Easter Road would suit Supercup.

I didn't realise Hampden was still eligible for EL hence been 20yrs.

Interesting to see Womens CL a target... would we guarantee a big crowd especially if match-up like Lyon v Wolfsburg?

Edited by HibeeJibee

29 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Conference league was certainly meant to be going to smaller venues making maybe tynecastle or easter road more suitable but there was quite alot of demand for ticket which may have surprised uefa and brought hampden more into the scope.

the rules have already been changed, its now up to a minimum of 30000

From what i can see online these are the regulations

UEFA has said there should be a minimum capacity of 70,000 but with a 10% tolerance. For the Europa League that drops to 40,000, while for the Women’s Champions League and Europa Conference League the number is 30,000.

It would be mildly interesting to see a final played at Pittodrie, Tynecastle or Easter Road.

That aside I'd rather see it hosted elsewhere. I simply have no desire to go to a European final/finals unless a team I follow are playing and in that unlikely case I'd rather go and see it in a foreign country to add to the experience.

Hosting Frankfurt v Roma for example at Hampden would only serve to inconvenience me personally so if we get any hope it's the Womens whose crowds are likely to be smaller 

Edited by 2426255

On 26/06/2023 at 13:57, ClydeTon said:

Are the Edinburgh Trams better equipped than the Cathcart Circle?

IMO ScotRail should consider an Edinburgh - Mount Florida (passing Newton) service, that continues to Glasgow empty and does a Glasgow - MF special.

Would help decrease the overcrowding at Central and means that folk from that part of the country have a direct link.

Just me?

Haymarket is a 10 minute walk from Murrayfield. The train station has 5 platforms that service all over Scotland and the tram has stops at Haymarket and Murrayfield. The Cathcart circle does a wee loop.