New Strips 23/24

22 hours ago, RedEd said:

Don't think it will age well, but if it sells who cares. The designers will have earned their corn. 

Looks like MacLeod tartan in the background.

Definitely the dreadful Mcleod tartan in the background, my son in law is a Mc Leod , and wears tartan trews their so funny looks like Rubert the bear 

On 31/03/2023 at 17:49, Wee jeemie said:

Definitely the dreadful Mcleod tartan in the background, my son in law is a Mc Leod , and wears tartan trews their so funny looks like Rubert the bear 

Clan MacLeod have their roots in the Outer Hebrides and Skye. How does that connect with Dundee?

Surely something closer to home’s the way to go….

The Broons 1996 (Bi-Annual),D C Thomson - Picture 1 of 1

Haven't seen it in person yet, so now I'm wondering if the badges are piss yellow as the tartan indicates or if it's meant to be gold, as the club's promotional images seem to suggest. Plus the lighting in the image looks to be a factor, making the navy look black. Hope I'm right as I could grow to like it better then, I remember really liking Falkirk's home shirt with gold trim the season they were beating Rangers and Hibs and nearly made it up to the Prem. Or, less modestly, France's beautiful kit, complete with red socks... okay, I doubt that'll be the case.

If it is piss yellow, fair to say I won't be so keen to buy one.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

On 03/04/2023 at 11:16, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Clan MacLeod have their roots in the Outer Hebrides and Skye. How does that connect with Dundee?

Surely something closer to home’s the way to go….

EC652AE3-C095-47DE-88F3-9DE02EF057FF.thumb.jpeg.53da6fb1f1d24d061b7705eaf0d86d41.jpeg

It's because it's part of an installation at a tartan exhibition at the V&A.

The tartan trim is one of two new tartans the club have produced. We will also have a "change tartan" which will be on the away kit

On 30/03/2023 at 07:25, Ludo*1 said:

We've just unveiled our home top for next season.

Screenshot_20230330_131838_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230330_131802_Chrome.jpg

The pictures are a poor representation of the actual kit, one would hope. The top one makes it look like a textured microfibre of some sort due to the angle and such…the lower one makes it clear it’s simply a pattern. The differing representations of colours of the side tartans shows the lighting is varying a lot too.

Edited by TxRover

9 minutes ago, TxRover said:

The pictures are a poor representation of the actual kit, one would hope. The top one makes it look like a textured microfibre of some sort due to the angle and such…the lower one makes it clear it’s simply a pattern. The differing representations of colours of the side tartans shows the lighting is varying a lot too.

Bruce Forsyth Tv Times GIF - Bruce Forsyth Tv Times ...

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure about that one at all, but Ayr fans I've seen on social media or on here seem to like it.

One thing you can definitely say about O'Neills is that they don't tend to go for the boring, safe option with their kit designs. We've had them for 3 years at Thistle now and have had all sorts of variations of our colours/styles - mostly good as well.

Aye, I'm very supportive of O'Neills from their attempts with Thistle.  Not to say they've all been good by any stretch, but at least they're not just going down the route of picking one of four or five templates and slapping different colours on them. 

8 minutes ago, pogo1910 said:

The pattern is the same all the way through the top. It's not so much a white box as a break in the pattern as the sponsor is printed directly into the fabric.

20230424_140941.jpg

Fair enough that's much better then how it looks in the original photo. It's rare a sponsor doesn't ruin the look of the jersey... would have been a really nice kit otherwise.