East Fife vs Annan

On good form atm but Forfars win last night brings things all the closer again. There's no easy run ins in this league so I wouldn't look too much into games remaining. 

Annan are a good side and have probably underachieved this season. Johnston, Goss, Gibson and Wallace among others are all very able players and we will have to be right on it to get a result. 

Mon the Fife

Still shocked that Annan are below us, they are by far the best footballing side we’ve played against in the Division imho, but maybe the just save it up for us or otherwise they would be Top of the League!!!

Bit of a six-pointer on Saturday, and it should be a good game, we are obviously the form Team in the Division at the moment and will hopefully be a completely different proposition to what Annan have faced in our previous games this season, especially the last game where the bent us over and arse raped us for 90 minutes, it’s a whole new EFFC nowadays, Fleming is making “worldie” saves on a weekly basis, the defence has shored up quite significantly and Trouten has now, at last taken to running the show in midfield, but it has to be said we’re still on the lookout for a 20 goals a season hitman otherwise we would be top of the Division!!!

2-1 East Fife Mark Docherty hat trick!!!

30 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I've just seen in the Record that Greg Fleming and Allan Fleming are brothers. Is that an April Fool or are they actually? Because I had literally never heard that before.

It is actually true!!!

1 minute ago, GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa said:

Was glad to see Goss missing today but ultimately it made no difference. We created very little but we did look very focused on limiting Annan any space. 

Potentially 6th if Stenny beat Elgin on Tuesday. Some turnaround in a week.

It’s Stirling who play Elgin on Tuesday night, not Stenny so you’ll be where you are until the weekend at least.

A very poor game of football from both sides. It looked a game of chess with one side waiting on the other to make a mistake. Apart from both sides hitting the bar, neither keeper was forced into making a save, although the home goalie was perhaps the busier of the 2.  The least said about the ref, the better. Irritating for both teams , his lack of consistency in his 10 yellow cards, equally divided between both teams. Some were deserved, others disputable other incidents went  un-carded.

Too many EF players were AWOL today, was it nerves ? overconfident after  last week ? I think that Annan  got their tactics spot on and did not allow EF to boss the midfield.

Still 5 games left, but methinks that playoffs for EF might be a bridge too far given the other results today.

Pretty dissapointing not to get anything from the game after putting so much into it. Just when I thought Annan had run out of ideas the sucker punch hit. First half was pretty forgettable but you would say Annan bossed much of the play without any cutting edge. East Fife worked hard to deny any space and the tactics made sure we got in at half time all square. 2nd half continued in the same theme until we brought on Healy and Schivonnie in a more attacking sense. Healy had the beating of Willie Gibson time and again but couldn’t deliver a killer pass. The referee was card happy and booked about 10 players on my last count. Think we struggled against a much bigger and physical opponent and Annan looked a decent team. Can’t fault the players for effort and I’m sure they’ll be back for more next week. All not lost and there will be twist and turns in the run in to the finish.