Falkirk v Dunfermline 8th April 2023

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Don't agree with the bit in bold. Falkirk had a few chances that worried me. Most were shots from the edge of the box bit a couple were close.

Mehmet in general isn't great at those sort of efforts and I'm unsure why clubs don't try it more against us.

Thought we were holding on a bit near the end. Thought we slightly panicked and too much of what we fired out of defence was trash that fell to Falkirk and came right back at us.

Careful that’s bordering on a reasonable post!

Mehmet had a fabulous close in save from Burrell in the second half that ended up being flagged for offside.

1 hour ago, Parsman85 said:

We were absolutely rank rotten today. One of the worst performances I've seen this season and yet you lot still fail to defeat us. Pitty we can't play yous more often. We done our best to lose that today and make the league a bit more interesting but FFC don't have the facilities to party with the big team. 

Illiterate slavers.

41 minutes ago, 101 said:

Btw no chance Matty Todd was offside for his blistering run that would have seen us go 2-3 linesman conned us for sure.

Looked off to me tbh. Actually thought the officials had a fair game. Obviously couldn't see the potential handball in the second half from the other end of the pitch.

20 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Careful that’s bordering on a reasonable post!

Mehmet had a fabulous close in save from Burrell in the second half that ended up being flagged for offside.

Aye that was a top save.

9 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Looked off to me tbh. Actually thought the officials had a fair game. Obviously couldn't see the potential handball in the second half from the other end of the pitch.

Thought the ref wasn't the best today. Feel like he gave Falkirk most decisions first half then gave us most second.

Of course that's just my view from the back of a stand behind a goal so of course when you're on the pitch and have to make a decision right away you'll see things differently. It's why I always say that refs (for the most part, >90%) don't decide games/seasons.

13 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Thought there was a handball during our second half chance/stramash following a corner, but no complaints that it wasn't given. Agreed in that the officials had a fair game. 

3 minutes ago, Parsman85 said:

Falkirk fans were appealing for a pen anytime they were within 50 yards of the penalty area. 

John McGlynns specs too needed a good cleaning, he was mumping and moaning all time for absolutely nothing.

28 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Weird innit. 

The draw has been the most incredibly favourable one I've ever seen. That isn't a sleight on Falkirk as they don't make the draw and they've dealt with each team well and in a professional manner. They handily dealt with Darvel and Ayr, both of which were tricky ties but emmintly winnable ones. Darvel were only seen as tricky due to Aberdeen's cowardice, and Falkirk showed what an utter bag of pish they are whilst in second gear.

Ayr shat it a bit as they had Falkirk before going in front. Credit to Falkirk for taking advantage.

Falkirk definitely have a chance in the semi. I'd make Inverness the favourites but only by a bit.

Edited by DA Baracus

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The draw has been the most incredibly favourable one I've ever seen. That isn't a sleight on Falkirk as they don't make the draw and they've dealt with each team well and in a professional manner. They handily dealt with Darvel and Ayr, both of which were tricky ties but emmintly winnable ones. Darvel were only seen as tricky due to Aberdeen's cowardice, and Falkirk showed what an utter bag of pish they are whilst in second gear.

Ayr shat it a bit as they had Falkirk before going in front. Credit to Falkirk for taking advantage.

Falkirk definitely have a chancd in the semi. I'd make Inverness the favourites but only by a bit.

I meant that its weird that they feel today is such a fantastic result, perhaps their best going by the reaction...strange bunch, kinda cute, would play again. 

6 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

I meant that its weird that they feel today is such a fantastic result, perhaps their best going by the reaction...strange bunch, kinda cute, would play again. 

That's not what's going on here though - you have just invented that. Perhaps a bit of projection, who knows? The Pars circle jerk on this thread since FT might indicate so.

We're pleased with a much better performance for 3/4 of a game than the last 4 matches of muck. Better performances individually, and as a team. That' s it. Now off you pop, and enjoy your title when it comes. We've got a lot of hard work to do still.

12 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Not a fantastic result for them today but would say it was a fantastic performance. They dominated the majority of that game and, presumably, had they played like all season, they'd have won the league by now.

However, their best performance against us only saw a draw, after going two up. We were lucky to make second gear today, yet still got a draw. Falkirk had a great chance to force at least some sort of challenge today but blew it against a deeply poor Pars team.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Not a fantastic result for them today but would say it was a fantastic performance. They dominated the majority of that game and, presumably, had they played like all season, they'd have won the league by now.

However, their best performance against us only saw a draw, after going two up. We were lucky to make second gear today, yet still got a draw. Falkirk had a great chance to force at least some sort of challenge today but blew it against a deeply poor Pars team.

At last. Someone without comprehension problems.