How's your nerves? SMFC vs KFC 22/4/23

3 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

You're being super naive if you believe that.

It's a fairly common time wasting tactic.  When you're making a sub anyway, the guy that's being subbed sits on the deck and gets treatment to eat up a bit more time.

Killie were actually wasting time from kick off, which surprised me. Made me think you'd have been happy with a point before KO.

The above are the excuses of a supporter of the loosing team. 

3 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

You're being super naive if you believe that.

It's a fairly common time wasting tactic.  When you're making a sub anyway, the guy that's being subbed sits on the deck and gets treatment to eat up a bit more time.

Killie were actually wasting time from kick off, which surprised me. Made me think you'd have been happy with a point before KO.

The fact that we fucking scudded you from the get go kind of goes against that logic. 

46 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

We did indeed.  I’m not saying we don’t time waste. 

Was just pointing out the naïveté in not understanding the ‘subbed player feigning injury’ tactic or the ‘stagger your subs’ tactic.  

I’m sure Aberdeen fans won’t really think their GOALKEEPER getting cramp, or the 7 guys that have needed treatment so far this half was anything other than ‘game management’.  

What on earth are you on about man. Why would we leave ourselves without a sub for the last 15mins of a game?

We could 'waste time' at the end by making subs without having to leave ourselves in a precarious position if players get genuinely injured... which they did by the way and still had to play on, limping, until the end.

14 hours ago, Nadroj said:

The fact that we fucking scudded you from the get go kind of goes against that logic. 

It was indeed illogical.  It happened though.  Your keeper was taking goal kicks from the off as if you were defending a late lead.

It's on Alba if you want to have a look.

Edited to add: watched the first 20 minutes on Alba:

First Killie goal kick was about 4 mins in.  Keeper took 46 seconds to take it. Did the couldn't find a ball, then two balls on the pitch thing.  Threw away the one he had in his hand, and picked up the other one.

Next time keeper had a chance to kick was after 8 minutes when Collum awarded one of those 'what was that for' freekicks from a corner. 30 seconds.

Next goal kick 30+ seconds.

I don't blame Killie at all for time wasting, but at 0-0 just under 17 minutes, Saints were booing the keeper for another 35 second goalkick.

So for whatever reason, logical or illogical, despite being on top when the ball was in play, Killie were slowing the game down when it wasn't.

Edited by Bobby_F

Beat by the better team on the day

Power and Armstrong were excellent for Killie

We were rotten, but deserved top 6 based on performances over the course of the season so far

We're far better than we showed on Saturday, might turn out to be the kick up the arse the players needed, need to raise our game for the last 5 fixtures

23 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Do Killie have Armstrong wrapped up oon a long contract?

He will surely be offski at the end of that deal? If he's on a long-term deal then Killie will most likely make a good few quid at some stage.

He's always impressed every time we have played Killie.

I believe he's one of the players contracted beyond this season - I'm not sure 100%, but I believe we only have 7 players signed up for after the summer.

49 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

I believe he's one of the players contracted beyond this season - I'm not sure 100%, but I believe we only have 7 players signed up for after the summer.

Transfermarkt (which is decent but not 100% all the time) has him until end of this season.

24 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Transfermarkt (which is decent but not 100% all the time) has him until end of this season.

I may have been mixing him up with someone else - that's probably correct. Wouldn't blame any of the players for wanting to see what league we end up in before committing.

8 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

I may have been mixing him up with someone else - that's probably correct. Wouldn't blame any of the players for wanting to see what league we end up in before committing.

He extended is deal earlier in the season so is under contract. 

Wasn't Goodwin rumoured to have been interested in Armstrong when he was at Raith? 

Armstrong signed a 2 year extension earlier in season so is under contract till 2025 same as Vassell and Wright.

Only other guys i think are signed for next season are Watson, Rory and Mcinroy. There's probably a few of the younger guys, wales and cameron who are tied up but not sure.

9 minutes ago, PrestersKTID said:

Armstrong signed a 2 year extension earlier in season so is under contract till 2025 same as Vassell and Wright.

Only other guys i think are signed for next season are Watson, Rory and Mcinroy. There's probably a few of the younger guys, wales and cameron who are tied up but not sure.

That's a superb bit of business for you guys.

Got to wonder if he's got a clause as part of that extension that he can go for say, a couple of hundred grand if you go down.

13 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

It was indeed illogical.  It happened though.  Your keeper was taking goal kicks from the off as if you were defending a late lead.

It's on Alba if you want to have a look.

Edited to add: watched the first 20 minutes on Alba:

First Killie goal kick was about 4 mins in.  Keeper took 46 seconds to take it. Did the couldn't find a ball, then two balls on the pitch thing.  Threw away the one he had in his hand, and picked up the other one.

Next time keeper had a chance to kick was after 8 minutes when Collum awarded one of those 'what was that for' freekicks from a corner. 30 seconds.

Next goal kick 30+ seconds.

I don't blame Killie at all for time wasting, but at 0-0 just under 17 minutes, Saints were booing the keeper for another 35 second goalkick.

So for whatever reason, logical or illogical, despite being on top when the ball was in play, Killie were slowing the game down when it wasn't.

You seem upset. 

5 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Do Killie have Armstrong wrapped up oon a long contract?

He will surely be offski at the end of that deal? If he's on a long-term deal then Killie will most likely make a good few quid at some stage.

He's always impressed every time we have played Killie.

Summer of 2025.