How's your nerves? SMFC vs KFC 22/4/23

19 minutes ago, Paxo said:

Are you two idiots trying and failing to reference Connahs Quay Nomads?

Erm, no? Coventry Saint may have been but I'm well aware of who Connah's Quay Nomads are. I don't care enough for Kilmarnock's crippling embarrassment to go round the houses and reference it.

The joke was getting a flight 'to TNS'. I've been joking for months that if we did get to Europe for the first time in 35 years, it would be just our fucking luck to draw a team that you didn't even have to jump a on plane to get to.

You're very touchy for someone whose team pulled the result of their season out their hole yesterday, you should relax.

Edited by djchapsticks

13 hours ago, KTID26 said:

Only a  idiot would suggest that. Still are and always will be living in Killies shadow.

It's got stronger links to the BUF than Rangers.  

I know a good few Rangers fans from Kilmarnock and surrounding areas and they all go to Rugby Park on occasion. Pretty clear there’s a connection between the blue bigots and killie. 

On the game, we were horrendous and Killie didn’t need to be great. Killie still are the worst team I’ve seen this year and will be good to rid the league of them with their amateur plastic pitch along with Ross County.

8 minutes ago, NathanDrake88 said:

I know a good few Rangers fans from Kilmarnock and surrounding areas and they all go to Rugby Park on occasion. Pretty clear there’s a connection between the blue bigots and killie. 

On the game, we were horrendous and Killie didn’t need to be great. Killie still are the worst team I’ve seen this year and will be good to rid the league of them with their amateur plastic pitch along with Ross County.

3 times we have played against your team and you have yet to pose a goal scoring threat to the Killie back line. Take the defeat in your srtide and enjoy you top 6 achievement. 

All the 'Killie weren't great' or 'Killie didn't need to play well' posts, seem a bit sour grapes.

Kilmarnock were hardly going to come and play free flowing total football but they were still excellent. They defended resolutely - Taylor won everything - they controlled the midfield, won every loose ball, and they had a couple of chances to score more. 

1 hour ago, Paxo said:

Are you two idiots trying and failing to reference Connahs Quay Nomads?

No, I was referencing the concept of booking tickets for the next round on the assumption that you'll roll over your drawn opponents.

Assumed that was obvious tbh.

20 minutes ago, NathanDrake88 said:

Well you can substitute Killie for every team in Scotland, bar one, there. You can also substitute one arse cheek for the other, stop spouting this absolute pish that Killie are somehow Rangers Reserves because of a tune that we both sing with very different lyrics.

12 minutes ago, KTID26 said:

3 times we have played against your team and you have yet to pose a goal scoring threat to the Killie back line. Take the defeat in your srtide and enjoy you top 6 achievement. 

In our past history when we were regularly qualifying for Europe we used to drop points to teams that were invariably relegated from the top league.  

Maybe this will be a repeat. 

Good luck in your relegation fight. 

If not say hello to Morten and Ayr.

Our success this season has been primarily based on a very good defensive home record.

We gifted two goals yesterday to a side short on confidence and allowed Power to do what he does best. 

Easily he was MOTM.

We really need a better goal return from our forwards for next season to progress. 

21 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

All the 'Killie weren't great' or 'Killie didn't need to play well' posts, seem a bit sour grapes.

Kilmarnock were hardly going to come and play free flowing total football but they were still excellent. They defended resolutely - Taylor won everything - they controlled the midfield, won every loose ball, and they had a couple of chances to score more. 

Killie were brilliant yesterday and I'm actually glad Robinson mentioned that in his interview after the game. 

We weren't at it, alot of that was down to how they played.

We have done that to several teams this season and have been a bit annoyed at not getting the praise we deserved so it's only fair we do the same to Killie.

Based on just their games against us they should be better off position wise but they obviously haven't cut it in alot of their other games, especially away from home. 

Power was playing like he had a point to prove yesterday. It's no secret he was one of the players that was told he didn't have a future at the club pretty much as soon as Robinson came in last season. 

Fair play to him for putting in a shift like that at his age.

I'll admit I feared the worst when I saw the team sheet - I couldn't work out how we were lining up defensively, wasn't sure if it was a back 3 or 4, it totally threw me but what do I know I was happy to eat some humble Killie pie, think there was a bit of lingering fear from me after the first half of the game last week.

I thought Chambers and Watson were great and Alan Power was back to his very best ( I've always been a bit of a Power fanboy ) the whole team put in a great shift also thought Vassell led the line really well and hope his injury isn't anything serious.

And well done to St Mirren on securing a top 6 finish.

48 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Yeah Killie were decent. You could see the effort and that they'd ran themselves into the ground by how many players were going down with pulls and cramp. 

And we would have done exactly the same. 
I wish we had done more of this shithousery at Ibrox last week when we got to 2-2.