How's your nerves? SMFC vs KFC 22/4/23

2 minutes ago, blackislekillie said:

You'll be fine I think. Sounded like a gutsy performance against the Hibs today.

We played against 10, half arsed, men for 45 minutes and struggled to create a chance. There was little "gutsy" about it.

4 minutes ago, blackislekillie said:

Fair enough. Biscuits made you sound like vintage Ajax on Sportsound. Still think you'll be fine. 

"Biscuits" is a fucking idiot.

8 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Absolute bottlers. Undeserved top 6. Well done Killie.

It’s got that feel to it, I’ll give you that. Why should I be surprised? Sell out crowd, great pitch, feelgood factor, an opponent who haven’t won away all season and were soundly spanked the week before - no matter the opposition…. Roll up and see the St Mirren shitebag performance. Couldn’t string a pass together, didn’t seem to realise that humping it in a stong wind would achieve fcuk all. As for the sending off. Jesus fcuk. I can accept a mis-timed tackle, maybe even a deliberate handball on the goal line, but Small should be embarrassed to collect his wages this week. Only St Mirren, eh?

When the dust settles, we achieved Top 6, but it sure as hell feels like it has come gift wrapped in tangerine and black courtesy of a handsome basturt of an ex-manager.

That feeling will last until Monday, then we move on. 😀

42 minutes ago, elvis said:

What do you mean tried that performance was an absolute bottle  job on our part fucking awfull performance. 

Tier 1 - The Cheeks

Tier 2 - The City teams Aberdeen, Hertz & Hibs

Tier 3- The rest and over 33 games we've been the best of the rest, can't you try and take a modicum of satisfaction in that?

sad winnie the pooh GIF

8 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Fair play to Kilmarnock, far better than us, first to every loose ball. Thought Power was man of the match.

If I could make one bitter comment it would be, that I was shocked that Jordan Jones beat a man at one point, last time we saw that in Paisley was against Kelty Hearts.

Indeed.

He won every ball today.

I though Fraser and Carson were O.K., but the rest were dreadful and totally off the pace of the game.

Thierry Small. WTF?

Thankfully Livingston decided to be equally shite as us.

Good luck to Killie. Stating the bleedin' obvious I know, but it looks like a fight between yourselves and United, and possibly St.Johnstone, for the play off place.

1 minute ago, btb said:

Tier 1 - The Cheeks

Tier 3- The rest and over 33 games we've been the best of the rest, can't you try and take a modicum of satisfaction in that?

sad winnie the pooh GIF

We might never had had the dubious pleasure of his incessant whining ever again had Livingston won today.:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

. As for the sending off. Jesus fcuk. I can accept a mis-timed tackle, maybe even a deliberate handball on the goal line, but Small should be embarrassed to collect his wages this week.

Hardly. He’s a youngster still learning and has made a good impact since arriving. Got caught up in the moment today and reacted to a poor decision by the linesman then head was gone. Daft mistake, he’s not the first won’t be the last.

We were hopeless with him and were hopeless without him. 

39 minutes ago, blackislekillie said:

Yes. Did you buy a half and half scarf?

Are you looking forward to the 12th of July? Disappointed that Rangers are shit and didn’t win the league? Stop singing “hello hello” and people stop making the connection but as it stands, it’s an open goal. Sing rangers songs? Rangers fans. Optics. I have plenty of killie fan friends, c***s but good c***s. They are embarrassed that you still sing that pish. I have no doubt that the vast majority of killie fans are just that, killie fans, but STOP SINGING RANGERS SONGS. Sorry for shouting. I’m 

We were fucking garbage in the first half particularly but let that take nothing away from Kilmarnock.  They roped us in perfectly and out-thought, out-fought and out-played us.

The aforementioned Tanser and Dunne was a nightmare combo. The lad Vassell is not a technical marvel by any stretch but by f**k he terrorised our back line today and Armstrong has Tanser neatly tucked in the storage compartment of the team bus.

Aside from those two, everything was so laboured. Passes were constantly short, first touches were non existent and Killie zipped into everything and did everything we couldn't, so I'm not going to be condescending and say us performing badly was the sole reason for losing. Killie went out there and performed more than well enough to win and would have beat most teams in the league playing the way they did today.

I've been a fan of Thierry Small since he joined and think he's got a bright future in the game but today was ridiculous - the petulance of getting a booking for a throw in that didn't go his way was pure stroppy teenager nonsense and to follow it up with a second booking FOURTEEN SECONDS later was just mental at a point where Killie had decided to drop deep. I'll say something I've never said before and hopefully never say again but fair play to Willie Collum for having the balls to book him twice in such notice. Most regs would have shat out of doing that.

I'll bookend that though by saying that we got there in the end and a week off is perhaps what we need. There's a lot of points to be won and dropped in the next 5 games so we should still be targeting a very achievable 5th place against a Hibs side who are very up and down.

We were stinking. Only Gogic looked up for that. Awful performance and Killie thoroughly deserving of the win (should have been bigger).

Top 6 is a great achievement, but we somehow managed to take some of the shine off it. Typical.

3 minutes ago, btb said:

Tier 1 - The Cheeks

sad winnie the pooh GIF

Are you fucking kidding I'm happy we got top six but that was an absolute bottle job worst performance this season and don't expect us to play that badly again this season.

8 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Hardly. He’s a youngster still learning and has made a good impact since arriving. Got caught up in the moment today and reacted to a poor decision by the linesman then head was gone. Daft mistake, he’s not the first won’t be the last.

We were hopeless with him and were hopeless without him. 

I get that we were shite before he came on, but sorry, I am not about to cut any slack to a professional footballer, in a big game, who is put on to make a difference and gets sent off like that. A booking for dissent at a ‘nothing’ throw-in? Then, mere seconds later, rather than ‘I’m on a stupid yellow here’, he gets sent off for a second stupid act? Maybe also worth mentioning that in his brief moments before being sent off, all he contributed was to give the ball away and fall on his arse. I’ll excuse St Mirren players a lot. I’m not excusing Small whatsoever for today. Hope Robbo’ kicked his arse across the dressing room. Anyone is free to disagree with me, but I have zero tolerance for such levels of self-inflicted stupidity.

Edited by pozbaird

Maybe it was the heat of the moment but my initial thought after that red card was to terminate Small's loan spell and send him back to Southampton. Absolute lunacy from him.

Anyway, we were shite and Killie were pretty good, especially in the second half. Thankfully we got the favours we needed elsewhere. A very St Mirren way to do it.

Just now, Stu said:

Maybe it was the heat of the moment but my initial thought after that red card was to terminate Small's loan spell and send him back to Southampton. Absolute lunacy from him.

To be fair, even with Small on the park we weren't going to change the end result.

I lost interest in our game after about 60 minutes after realising we were heading for an inevitable defeat. Watched the planes instead.

Spent the last ten minutes hoping time in Dundee would pass faster than it was actually appearing to.