Relegation from Lowland league

Lord Elron 44

2 hours ago, Lord Elron 44 said:

Anyone any idea where Dalbeattie will play next year? Are they going to the WOSL or South?

The South. But if Elgin get relegated and Spartans promoted, technically they can still be in the Lowland League.

49 minutes ago, Sermani said:

The South. But if Elgin get relegated and Spartans promoted, technically they can still be in the Lowland League.

That's not confusing....

But if Albion Rovers or Bonnyrigg are relegated and Spartans don't go up then Edinburgh Uni go down too?

Edited by Dicko23

Needs to be Buckie or Brechin up with Albion Rovers, Bonnyrigg Rose, or Stranraer relegated for that. Could easily see that happening if Brechin win the HL title decider on Saturday. Not so clear that Buckie want it where promotion is concerned.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

1 hour ago, Dicko23 said:

That's not confusing....

But if Albion Rovers or Bonnyrigg are relegated and Spartans don't go up then Edinburgh Uni go down too?

Yes, there has to be 16 "real" teams in the league.  Looks like this season one team getting promoted into the LL and the 16 will be constructed depending on what happens at the top of the league. So Edinburgh Uni could get relegated.

1 hour ago, Scott Power said:

The LL clubs have sold their souls to the colt clubs. Have teams in the HL and SL been given handouts?

Whats that got to do with relegation from the Lowland League? The clubs all got 1 million euros each and any relegated team gets 2 million euros parachute payment .Yawn

Edited by Sermani

7 hours ago, Sermani said:

If that transpires, I have the feeling the Star would be better coming down to the SOS, if allowed of course. For me it would allow all at the club to reset. 

I've got to be honest with you, what I witnessed at St.Marys last Wed was not impressive. They struggled against a very ordinary Saints team.

1 hour ago, HorseyGhirl said:

If that transpires, I have the feeling the Star would be better coming down to the SOS, if allowed of course. For me it would allow all at the club to reset. 

I've got to be honest with you, what I witnessed at St.Marys last Wed was not impressive. They struggled against a very ordinary Saints team.

I’d have thought going to the South would be a terrible decision for Star. Unless promotion to the Lowland League increases they’d probably end up stuck in a league they’re too strong for while not being able to get out of it due to the East and West Champions being too strong for them in a playoff.  Can’t see the SOSFL winning the playoff against the other two leagues until the best teams are up.  Star could end up stuck for the foreseeable, waiting for Talbot, Darvel, Beith, Clydebank, Pollok, Sauchie, Mussleburgh, Jeanfield to go up.  After a few seasons in the SOSFL they may regress due to the level of the competition.  Threave have probably done the right move by joining the WOSFL, it’ll take time to move up the divisions but playing better clubs will improve them. Nothing against the SOSFL but the standard is pretty low due to the size of the clubs.  

Edited by San Starko Rover

3 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

I’d have thought going to the South would be a terrible decision for Star...

The relegation destination appears to be decided by the LL and its three feeder leagues rather than by the club. It's been confirmed by a WoS officeholder on here that if they want into the WoS they need to apply like Threave did and start at the bottom in the fourth division.

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The relegation destination appears to be decided by the LL and its three feeder leagues rather than by the club. It's been confirmed by a WoS officeholder on here that if they want into the WoS they need to apply like Threave did and start at the bottom in the fourth division.

Wasn’t aware of that, that’s a bit of a bugger for them with no official boundaries between West and South.  I’d personally like to see the West and South merge but that’ll become more messy once teams like Star are down as they’ll not want to drop down from Tier 6.  As I said above I think Star will struggle to get back up via a playoff.  

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If it did come down that Dalbeattie wanted into the WOSFL, if relegated then I'm sure the WOSFL clubs would have to vote like they did Threave in but the difference is, Dalbeattie as far as I know voted for B teams and voted against straight relegation down to tier 6 from the Lowland league.  I don't think even one team in the WOSFL would welcome or vote Dalbeattie in

Just now, Bestsinceslicebread said:

If it did come down that Dalbeattie wanted into the WOSFL, if relegated then I'm sure the WOSFL clubs would have to vote like they did Threave in but the difference is, Dalbeattie as far as I know voted for B teams and voted against straight relegation down to tier 6 from the Lowland league.  I don't think even one team in the WOSFL would welcome or vote Dalbeattie in

I thought Star abstained on B teams as they’re probably relegated?  

Personally,  Voting against automatic relegation is the main issue in past couple of years.

The main excuse i heard over past couple of years was, As far as I'm aware and don't mind being corrected, the excuse always used was, SPFL2 don't allow automatic promotion so Lowland cant either.  Yip that's just not a good excuse

3 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Personally,  Voting against automatic relegation is the main issue in past couple of years.

The main excuse i heard over past couple of years was, As far as I'm aware and don't mind being corrected, the excuse always used was, SPFL2 don't allow automatic promotion so Lowland cant either.  Yip that's just not a good excuse

The Lowland League already has automatic relegation. Are you talking about the rare possibility where if the LL has a net loss to the SPFL then no club is relegated? Or did you mean to say increasing promotion to the LL to more than 1 place?

5 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Really? the first colts vote Star voted against there inclusion, the second vote not sure how they voted, third vote abstained.

Would WOSFL teams really vote against Star's inclusion?  What is it with  the WOSFL teams? Decide they don't want an invite to the party then change there mind and turn up late. Then start trying to boss everybody else around. Are they sitting in big Ivory towers or just got a big chip on there shoulder

38 minutes ago, Sermani said:

Really? the first colts vote Star voted against there inclusion, the second vote not sure how they voted, third vote abstained.

Would WOSFL teams really vote against Star's inclusion?  What is it with  the WOSFL teams? Decide they don't want an invite to the party then change there mind and turn up late. Then start trying to boss everybody else around. Are they sitting in big Ivory towers or just got a big chip on there shoulder

Pmsl, first of all regarding the vote for B teams, I was unsure but any team who voted for it I can imagine most teams below would not want them in, (this is my view only) and in respect, (my view only agains) Dalbeattie are a south team not a WOSFL and the same should have actually applied to Threave.

In bold, see the shit some people write or totally ignorant or just haven't a clue.  Don't you understand it was the junior FA who didn't want their teams to leave, kept making excuses and the clubs listened to them but eventually most seen the light and the junior FA could handle the pressure anymore.  Doesn't matter if your the oldest club in the Scotland professional set up or the newest, they should be treated the same.  Clubs in Lowland voting against relegation from the Lowland is just , I'm my mind sick as feck and total self preservation and the attitude of 'feck the pyramid, we want to stay where we are by any tools possible'     The biggest problem in the Scottish Pyramid system, stopping it from functioning properly is the SPFL 2 league and the Lowland League.

I'm not speaking for any club in the WOSFL or EOSFL, I'm objective and been to many games this season in the WOSFL, EOSFL and Lowland League. Whatever dealings are going on, Clubs looking at self preservation or people who are corrupt in position of power and looking after their selves.  Our Scottish Football pyramid system is something that is growing for all and if everything is equal then we be a country where many would envy but we all have to work together and stop doing shitting deals and votes which we all know is wrong for Scottish football

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

20 minutes ago, Yalay said:

The Lowland League already has automatic relegation. Are you talking about the rare possibility where if the LL has a net loss to the SPFL then no club is relegated? Or did you mean to say increasing promotion to the LL to more than 1 place?

Yeah 100%, it should be two automatic relegation and even the 3rd bottom should be in some kinda playoff