East Fife vs Albion Rovers

1 hour ago, GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa said:

Massive game today. 3 points and other results going our way will see us take 4th spot. Stenhousmuir are away to Stranraer and Forfar are away to Stirling. We DO NOT want to be going to Forfar next week needing 3 points!

2-0 Steele and Healy 

Ditto. 3 points for the Vers today and defeats for Elgin and Bonnyrigg means we are safe as both play each other next work. What’s the chances of those results happening?

Tough game today , honestly thought EF were one of the worst teams in the league when  they snatched the points in the early season encounter at Cliftonhill. But the last game at Cliftonhill I thought EF were a really solid team totally deserved their 1-0 win and since then have gone on to build a really good campaign. I’m happy to eat my words on that one lads. 

One last thing! £18 admission today. Ouch!

EF usually start with either 6 or 7 players aged 21 or under.Last week v Dumbarton it was 7 with 3 teenagers brought on as subs.

A few weeks ago many EF fans thought we were destined for relegation. In fairness to all the players,the team has galvanised itself. 

A lot to play for today.

The admission prices have been a concern for both home and away fans all season,I am afraid with the numbers of away fans being lamentable.No doubt that the EF Board pricing strategy has failed miserably.

6 minutes ago, sammytroot said:

The admission prices have been a concern for both home and away fans all season,I am afraid with the numbers of away fans being lamentable.No doubt that the EF Board pricing strategy has failed miserably.

I know lots of Rovers fans (me included) boycotted the last visit, but today is too important to miss.

Another must win for us, but I do have a bad feeling about this one. East Fife having the chance of cementing their playoff slot worries me.

A hard fought win for EF. How the wee Rovers didn’t go in at half time leading by at least 2 or 3 goals was all down to poor finishing from in particular Bevan. Healy scored one of his spectacular goals to get the equaliser just before half time and this seemed to settle EF who had I think the better of the exchanges in the second half. Ferguson again showed his class with a well worked and well  taken goal. Reilly was a threat all game, particularly in the first half.

EF secured their play off spot and could rest a few players next week with a view to the games against Clyde. Nothing to fear or lose against the Bully Wee.

Still  fancy the Rovers to be with us next season as I think they are better team than Spartans or Brechin.

Fair play to the Rovers, they nullified our midfield threat well and had good chances and should’ve been 3 up. Just eventually ran out of steam with their pressing and lost the game to two wonder goals. Seen enough there tactically etc to say they could stay up in the play offs…all the best to them! 

Edited by effc loyal

I say we was lucky to win today and coming back from a goal down. Even though we have secured the play offs with a game to spare I probably the only negative fan that doesn’t want promoted due to L1 being how it is and look at Peterhead and ourselfs last season rooted at the bottom of it. We still can’t win at Dumbarton also so good thing we got back to winning ways so nevertheless I felt sorry for Albion, you never thought they were bottom either.

After yesterdays antics after a player scored and celebrated in front of the opposition supporters.I wonder what would happen today if Celtic or rangers score and run over and celebrate in front of the opposition fans.Probably just get a wee pat on the back from the referee  as happened yesterday.

Clearly an allegation of racist abuse either before the goal or during the celebration. Was at the other end of the home end so no idea what actually happened. Obviously if something was said, you'd hope the club will be able to identify who did it.

3 hours ago, troy said:

After yesterdays antics after a player scored and celebrated in front of the opposition supporters.I wonder what would happen today if Celtic or rangers score and run over and celebrate in front of the opposition fans.Probably just get a wee pat on the back from the referee  as happened yesterday.

Acht it happens all the time. I wouldn't get too upset about it. 

4 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Clearly an allegation of racist abuse either before the goal or during the celebration. Was at the other end of the home end so no idea what actually happened. Obviously if something was said, you'd hope the club will be able to identify who did it.

I was in amongst it and never seen or heard anything. The entire seawall section were confused and embarrassed. "Nathan Ake, you're a w@##er" was chanted for obvious reasons but that was it. I can only assume the player thought he heard something else. 

I actually thought the celebration and reaction from the fans was great to see at this level.

Both East Fife and Albion Rovers have now issued statements about this incident. 

Almost as bad as someone shouting racist abuse is the apparent reluctance to confront the perpetrator. 

Just get them tell't ffs. 99 percent of those around you will back you up! 

On 30/04/2023 at 18:37, GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa said:

I was in amongst it and never seen or heard anything. The entire seawall section were confused and embarrassed. "Nathan Ake, you're a w@##er" was chanted for obvious reasons but that was it. I can only assume the player thought he heard something else. 

I actually thought the celebration and reaction from the fans was great to see at this level.

Two fans have admitted racially abusing the player, so must be more than that. Anyway its dealt with now.